Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:GO] KZTimer (climb timer plugin)

Post New Thread Reply   

DeadRote
Old 08-07-2015 , 01:05   Re: [CS:GO] KZTimer Final
Reply With Quote #711

Hey, abckrieger. How about adding a competitive system challenges? It's like the challenges by default, but more than 2 players can join it, and after the selected time players simply freeze to determine who won.

I understand that it's hard, but it can be the most exciting thing, which can make KZ / bhop more competitive.

About "to determine who won," I think it's impossible to create an auto system that can "coordinating" on the map, but what if the administrator can simply create a waypoint (starting point of the start button => Points path => Finish button) and system calculate who most far away from start point?

What are think about it? Just imagine, KZ ChampionShip
abckrieger
Old 08-07-2015 , 16:23   Re: [CS:GO] KZTimer Final
Reply With Quote #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRote View Post
Hey, abckrieger. How about adding a competitive system challenges? It's like the challenges by default, but more than 2 players can join it, and after the selected time players simply freeze to determine who won.

I understand that it's hard, but it can be the most exciting thing, which can make KZ / bhop more competitive.

About "to determine who won," I think it's impossible to create an auto system that can "coordinating" on the map, but what if the administrator can simply create a waypoint (starting point of the start button => Points path => Finish button) and system calculate who most far away from start point?

What are think about it? Just imagine, KZ ChampionShip
interesting thoughts but i have not enough free time and ambition to realize your idea.

Last edited by abckrieger; 08-07-2015 at 16:32.
abckrieger
Old 08-07-2015 , 16:29   Re: [CS:GO] KZTimer Final
Reply With Quote #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by derptestt View Post
On the KZ-Climb server, it has a plugin called KZGuides.smx. Kenneth recommended I post this question here. Can you share the source code for that plugin so that I could modify it for different video tutorials/add more tutorials?

THank you.
Code:
#pragma semicolon 1
#include <sourcemod>
#include <sdktools>
#include <sdkhooks>
#include <colors>
#include <cstrike>
#define WHITE 0x01
#define DARKRED 0x02
#define PURPLE 0x03
#define GREEN 0x04
#define MOSSGREEN 0x05
#define LIMEGREEN 0x06
#define RED 0x07
#define GRAY 0x08
#define YELLOW 0x09
#define DARKGREY 0x0A
#define BLUE 0x0B
#define DARKBLUE 0x0C
#define LIGHTBLUE 0x0D
#define PINK 0x0E
#define LIGHTRED 0x0F
#define QUOTE 0x22
#define PERCENT 0x25

public Plugin:myinfo =
{
    name = "KZ YouTube Guides",
    author = "1NutWunDeR",
    description = "",
    version = "1.0"
}

public OnPluginStart()
{
    HookEvent("player_spawn", Event_OnPlayerSpawn, EventHookMode_Post);
    RegConsoleCmd("sm_basicguide", Client_BasicGuide);
    RegConsoleCmd("sm_ljguide", Client_LjGuide);
    RegConsoleCmd("sm_bhopguide", Client_BhopGuide);
    RegConsoleCmd("sm_prestrafeguide", Client_PreGuide);
}

public OnMapStart()
{
}

public Action:Event_OnPlayerSpawn(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast)
{
    new client = GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(event, "userid"));
    CreateTimer(25.0, StartMsgTimer, client,TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE);             
}

public Action:StartMsgTimer(Handle:timer, any:client)
{
    if (IsClientInGame(client))
        PrintToChat(client, " %c>>%c NEW to KZ? Type %c!basicguide%c, %c!ljguide%c, %c!prestrafeguide%c or %c!bhopguide%c in chat if you want an instruction.", YELLOW,GRAY,GREEN, GRAY, GREEN,GRAY,GREEN,GRAY,GREEN,GRAY);
}

public Action:Client_BasicGuide(client, args)
{    
    PrintToChat(client,"[%cKZ%c]%c Loading html page. (requires cl_disablehtmlmotd 0) | DON'T MAXIMIZE THE YT-VIDEO!!", MOSSGREEN,WHITE,LIMEGREEN);
    ShowMOTDPanel(client, "Basic Guide" ,"http://kuala-lumpur-court-8417.pancakeapps.com/index3.html", 2);
    return Plugin_Handled;
}

public Action:Client_LjGuide(client, args)
{    
    PrintToChat(client,"[%cKZ%c]%c Loading html page. (requires cl_disablehtmlmotd 0) | DON'T MAXIMIZE THE YT-VIDEO!!", MOSSGREEN,WHITE,LIMEGREEN);
    ShowMOTDPanel(client, "LJ Guide" ,"http://kuala-lumpur-court-8417.pancakeapps.com/index1.html", 2);
    return Plugin_Handled;
}

public Action:Client_BhopGuide(client, args)
{    
    ShowMOTDPanel(client, "Bhop Guide" ,"http://kuala-lumpur-court-8417.pancakeapps.com/index2.html", 2);
    return Plugin_Handled;
}

public Action:Client_PreGuide(client, args)
{    
    ShowMOTDPanel(client, "Bhop Guide" ,"http://kuala-lumpur-court-8417.pancakeapps.com/index4.html", 2);
    return Plugin_Handled;
}
Attached Files
File Type: zip html_files.zip (1.3 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by abckrieger; 08-07-2015 at 16:30.
MilkStick
Old 08-07-2015 , 21:04   Re: [CS:GO] KZTimer Final
Reply With Quote #714

Does the database have to be local?
abckrieger
Old 08-08-2015 , 07:24   Re: [CS:GO] KZTimer Final
Reply With Quote #715

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkStick View Post
Does the database have to be local?
no.
kvisteen
Old 08-08-2015 , 09:06   Re: [CS:GO] KZTimer Final
Reply With Quote #716

I have a question since I am making a bunnyhop/minigame server.

* Is it possible to have the timer in the centre panel aswell as removing speed from left panel of the screen?

* Instead of start/end buttons is it possible to use checkpoints/zones from where the timer starts instead?

Hopefully someone can reply and help me out, cheers!
abckrieger
Old 08-08-2015 , 10:03   Re: [CS:GO] KZTimer Final
Reply With Quote #717

try cksurf
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264498

its a mod of kztimer and provides both your wishes!
Sketchy
Old 08-08-2015 , 16:49   Re: [CS:GO] KZTimer Final
Reply With Quote #718

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMZ_Kask View Post
This is similar to the issue FurtherStill was having, and one I had a few weeks ago. I'm assuming you're using a SM 1.73 snapshot?

Rolling back to SM 1.72 stable seems to be the current fix.
Ok, using SM 1.7.2 instead of 1.7.3 does fix the "invisible arms" issue (thanx btw), but the bots end up running around doing the jesus pose with their arms straight out to the sides. Any ideas how to fix that? If they are skinned with sm_skinchooser their arms work fine.
Sketchy
Old 08-08-2015 , 18:16   Re: [CS:GO] KZTimer Final
Reply With Quote #719

I've been messing around with this plugin for a couple of weeks now on one of my test servers and while I think it's a pretty great kz timer plugin, there are a few areas from a design perspective that are hard coded that I wish had instead been configurable options. I run a community where we try to have our servers set up for casual and cooperative gameplay and I find some of the options (or lack of) in the KZTimer make this difficult to achieve for a climb server.

Here is what I wish was different (or perhaps I just don't understand why its being forced):
1) Why are players hidden when you Pause? I mostly pause to wait for whoever I'm climbing with, and this defeats the purpose so I just let my timer run.
2) Why can't you move when you pause? You should be allowed to move & when you unpause it should simply tele you back to the location you were at when you paused...
3) Why is /goto only available if you outright stop your timer? You should be able to use /goto freely, with it simply pausing your timer if you use it.
4) Why is noclip only available once you've finished a map? Like /goto, it should also be available freely, and simply pause your timer when you use it.

None of those things affect players times but all of those things hinder players from playing casually, cooperatively, and from helping other players... On my bhop server (different timer plugin) we allow all of those things and that server in my opinion is much better for it. If those options could be added to this plugin, or a fork of this plugin, I would be really grateful. If it's not a ton of work I'd even be willing to pay to make it happen. Also, if you think there are any legit reason(s) as to why those shouldn't be viable options I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are, after all im sure the plugin was designed this way for a reason.

Anyways, thanx a lot for this great plugin which btw I've had a blast testing.
RaginN
Old 08-09-2015 , 05:54   Re: [CS:GO] KZTimer Final
Reply With Quote #720

I keep on getting this in the console and none of the the commands are working.

edit: nevermind you answered the question before, its because I had a de_ map on, but is there a way to have it load on a de_ map?

Last edited by RaginN; 08-09-2015 at 06:08. Reason: im an idiot