Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Spawn Adding Plugin?

Post New Thread Reply   

Bo0m!
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2006 , 21:24   Spawn Adding Plugin?
Reply With Quote #1

I was curious if this is possible.. I run a custom map server; unfortunately, a lot of maps people like do not have enough spawn points. I was wondering if its possible to create a plugin that would check the total spawn points in a map, and if there are less than say, 24 or more, it would add spawn points on each team. This way, people can join in and play as opposed to being stuck in spectator because the map only has 16 or 20 spawn points. I've searched around and haven't found anything like this, and I know I can add spawns with ripent myself but I really don't want to go through all my maps and do that. So if this is possible and someone could make this, I would appreciate it very much. If not.. anyone know a of a better idea to add spawns other than me ripenting them into a load of maps?
Veteran Member
Old 04-14-2006 , 15:57  
Reply With Quote #2

Bump
Veteran Member
Old 04-14-2006 , 16:05  
Reply With Quote #3

Get Stripper2 ... google it
Send a message via AIM to Xanimos Send a message via MSN to Xanimos
Bo0m!
Veteran Member
Old 04-14-2006 , 16:08  
Reply With Quote #4

I already know about stripper2... and my whole point was I don't feel like going through 30 maps adding spawns, hence the question: is a spawn checking/adding plugin possible?
Old 04-14-2006 , 21:36  
Reply With Quote #5

maybe something automatic could not effectivly be acomplished since as far as i know there is no AI in HL to find a suitable place to plant one? Maybe i am wrong but there are considerations when placing spawn locations: distance to other objects, space to spawn etc.

It would be like me wanting a random sprite billboard to be placed on every map automatically . . How id the game supposed to know where it should be placed ? It cant.
Old 04-14-2006 , 22:14  
Reply With Quote #6

Hey anythings possible if you set your mind to it! ... but oh well... thanks anyway, guess I'll begin ripenting all these maps.
Old 04-19-2006 , 11:26  
Reply With Quote #7

I've had a similar idea., but no time to work on it Like techwg said, there's no good way of automatically determining where to put the spawns. You could have a per-map config file that lists coordinates to place them, and perhaps a command to write those coordinates to the file based on some command you issue in game. That way you could walk around the empty map, find places to add a spawn, and then issue that command to save the information. It would be a lot like the way HLGuard allows you to add clip brushes to prevent walking on sky boxes.

Which I guess is pretty much how http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=10713
works.