Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Make counter server 24/7

Post New Thread Reply   

Shiina.Mashiro
Old 06-23-2015 , 04:42   Re: Make counter server 24/7
Reply With Quote #11

Purchase a VPS or get a static internet connection, and make a normal server.
Old 06-23-2015 , 09:39   Re: Make counter server 24/7
Reply With Quote #12

Step by step.

Step 1. Don't turn off PC.

Done.
gamep
Old 06-23-2015 , 11:40   Re: Make counter server 24/7
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina.Mashiro View Post
Purchase a VPS or get a static internet connection, and make a normal server.
I had a VPS at www.alwaysonpc.com but while I was uploading the counter from my pc, the connection lost due to [the other side disconnect] .... I tried alot but alaways the same resualt .... I think this happens because I have a free acoount
another thing, there is a friend said earlier that www.alwaysonpc.com does not accept the exetive programs

I dont want to purchase a VPS, why should I pay money for the server unless I will get money from. Is there a way to get money from counter server [Except selling VIP this idea is in my mind]

Finally, I have registered in www.noip.com, I think it would give me a static IP. but I didnt know how to use it yet
gamep
Old 06-23-2015 , 11:42   Re: Make counter server 24/7
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubka3 View Post
Step by step.

Step 1. Don't turn off PC.

Done.
HHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
it is impossible to do that otherwise I wouldnt make this thread!!
Do you have any other ideas ??!
AmineKyo
فوق سريرك
Old 06-23-2015 , 11:51   Re: Make counter server 24/7
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamep View Post
HHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
it is impossible to do that otherwise I wouldnt make this thread!!
Do you have any other ideas ??!
Buy a VPS/Rent a hosted server game, otherwise don't start a server...
Old 06-23-2015 , 18:34   Re: Make counter server 24/7
Reply With Quote #16

No-ip.com does NOT give you a static IP. You can only get a static IP by contacting your internet service provider.

You don't need to make money from a server . . . you need to pay for the privilege of using a good server. Most server's will request donations from players to keep the server paid for.

Why do people expect everything for free????? That is just ridiculous.

To get what you want you are going to have to spend money. Hosting a server at home on most residential connections is not wise. Your best chance at having a reliable server is to purchase one from a game server provider (GSP).

Last edited by fysiks; 06-23-2015 at 18:42.
MetalMessiah
Old 06-23-2015 , 19:37   Re: Make counter server 24/7
Reply With Quote #17

Hamachi is s**t.
Not bull, but for CS is very bad idea. Use it for Re Alert or any old game that runs IPX protocol etc.

You have generally 5 possibilities, which were already described here.

1. Buy game server from specific hosting provider, i.e. CS game server provider. The most expensive, requires no skill and a little brain. You will pay monthly for each slot i.e. place for player. Max. 32.

2. Buy VPS. It will cost you much less money (depends on the country, starting from $5 monthly). The cheapest are in Germany and NL. Somewhere I saw cheap USA but I don't need it in EU with ping >150.
BUT. You must first learn Linux basics, then learn steamcmd, install the server, fix all errors you will get, install all plugins that are necessary for protection and gameplay. Then you will find that when your server has more then (10...20..30) players lags will start, FPS will fall down and you will change this VPS few times until you find any normal provider that does not steals CPU. IF somebody will tell you XEN is better then OVZ don't believe it.
It depends on the provider. In some (rare) cases OVZ is better then XEN. First thing you need is CPU, all other resources are secondary.

3. Just run server at home and don't switch off your PC. As a variation install a router and never reboot it. Free of charge.

4. Ask your ISP for a static IP address. It is good if you want to host game server or web site but it is also good for KGB/FBI and bad for you in case somebody wants to track your internet activity.

5. Buy a VPN with static IP for incoming connections (with port forwarding etc). It is not standart, usually it is used only for surfing. Just look in Google an ask tech.support of few VPN providers. I did some protection for a website, but never tried it with game server but I predict at least +20 to the ping. The provider I used was dead for few years so I wont recomment it.

Last edited by MetalMessiah; 06-23-2015 at 19:37.
gamep
Old 06-25-2015 , 05:56   Re: Make counter server 24/7
Reply With Quote #18

you disappointed me I thought I can get little money from the game not to pay for it
I think this thread should be closed as this way
Veteran Member
Old 06-26-2015 , 06:20   Re: Make counter server 24/7
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamep View Post
you disappointed me I thought I can get little money from the game not to pay for it
I think this thread should be closed as this way
You wanted to host a server 24/7 so that you can make some profit?

I think you should just forget this whole idea of running a server. I pay out of my pocket for my server for an enjoyable gaming experience where I can control everything in the game. Well worth the money I spent.