Post New Thread Reply   

heavenrave
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-07-2015 , 08:15   Re: Server Crontab
Reply With Quote #221

I tried with

sc_addjob ? ? 12 12 0 0 "mapcyclefile mapcycle3.txt"
sc_addjob ? ? 21 21 0 0 "mapcyclefile mapcycle2.txt"

it still isn't executing though , on csgo.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2015 , 14:50   Re: Server Crontab
Reply With Quote #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenrave View Post
I tried with

sc_addjob ? ? 12 12 0 0 "mapcyclefile mapcycle3.txt"
sc_addjob ? ? 21 21 0 0 "mapcyclefile mapcycle2.txt"

it still isn't executing though , on csgo.
First, make sure that the command "mapcyclefile mapcycle3.txt" is changing your map cylce file. If a command doesn't work in the server console, it won't work with crontab either. If it works in the console, try this:

sc_addjob ? ? 12 12 0 1 "mapcyclefile mapcycle3.txt"
sc_addjob ? ? 21 21 0 1 "mapcyclefile mapcycle2.txt"

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
heavenrave
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-08-2015 , 09:52   Re: Server Crontab
Reply With Quote #223

Weird that it aint working for somereason mapcyclefile is unknown command, so I've use sc_addjob ? ? 12 12 0 1 "sm_cvar mapcyclefile mapcycle3.txt"

it still doesn't execute the mapcycle3.txt job >.<
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2015 , 14:15   Re: Server Crontab
Reply With Quote #224

Quote:
Weird that it aint working for somereason mapcyclefile is unknown command, so I've use sc_addjob ? ? 12 12 0 1 "sm_cvar mapcyclefile mapcycle3.txt"

it still doesn't execute the mapcycle3.txt job >.<
Like I said, if the command won't work in your console, it won't work in crontab. What game are you running?

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
heavenrave
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-08-2015 , 22:19   Re: Server Crontab
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Like I said, if the command won't work in your console, it won't work in crontab. What game are you running?
CsGo. hmmm,
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2015 , 15:34   Re: Server Crontab
Reply With Quote #226

Quote:
CsGo. hmmm,
Yeah, hmmmm. According to Valve's developer's community list of cvars, mapcyclefile is supported, however, I'm find much to the contrary on general internet searches. Seems there's more involved with map cycles in CS:GO than there was in previous versions of CS. Take a look at this, it may shed some light:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=207240

Correction: That was a list of CS:S cvars. This list of CS:GO commands from the Steam community does not include mapcyclefile.

My plugins:

Last edited by Bittersweet; 05-09-2015 at 15:39. Reason: Correction
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-03-2015 , 20:10   Re: Server Crontab
Reply With Quote #227

I believe the mapcyclefile option can only be used when the server is first started, i.e. ...
  • In the SRCDS command-line, or
  • In the autoexec.cfg file.
Beyond that, yeah as I recall map-cycles on CS:GO have their own weirdness. But, for other SRCDS games, the above caveat should apply.

Last edited by Weasel; 06-03-2015 at 20:11.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2015 , 12:53   Re: Server Crontab
Reply With Quote #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
I believe the mapcyclefile option can only be used when the server is first started, i.e. ...
  • In the SRCDS command-line, or
  • In the autoexec.cfg file.
Beyond that, yeah as I recall map-cycles on CS:GO have their own weirdness. But, for other SRCDS games, the above caveat should apply.
autoexec.cfg is nice because it will only execute once per server startup (unless called from elsewhere), but anything that happens in there should be able to happen from the server command line or any other .cfg file. I'm not sure about the current state of CS:GO, but the post I linked to previously does say that mapcyclefile had been removed as a cvar, but remains as a command line switch for SRCDS, and one possible workaround is shown there.

My plugins:
dubbeh
Old 08-02-2015 , 17:43   Re: Server Crontab
Reply With Quote #229

Thanks Bittersweet and Weasel for giving lots of help in this post, you're much better than me with updated knowledge on how things changed with CS:GO.

Shame that they restricted so many options in CS:GO, had a couple of issues within another plugin because of the way stuff changed (restrictions basically). Would say they're really pushing for a clean competitive game, which is a shame for anyone coming from Source or 1.6. Then again the original 1.6 was based around an intercept dll created by botman? from the old half life engine a long time ago, from what i can remember

Last edited by dubbeh; 08-07-2015 at 04:40.
dubbeh
Old 08-09-2015 , 08:43   Re: [ANY] Server Crontab
Reply With Quote #230

Sorry for the double post - Looking for some feedback on a change I'm thinking about doing.

How would server admins be if i changed the format to be more like the official UNIX cronjob scheduler? Looked over the Wikipedia article and thought it would be much better overall and create less confusion.
Code:
# * * * * *  command to execute  
# │ │ │ │ │  
# │ │ │ │ │  
# │ │ │ │ └───── day of week (0 - 6) (0 to 6 are Sunday to Saturday, or use names; 7 is Sunday, the same as 0)  
# │ │ │ └────────── month (1 - 12)  
# │ │ └─────────────── day of month (1 - 31)  
# │ └──────────────────── hour (0 - 23)  
# └───────────────────────── min (0 - 59)
That's how the new format would be like - And potentially add macros for stuff like @startup, @mapchange - Only downside to this, is possibly more overhead on the server.

Freel free to check out the wikipedia article here and give any potential feedback

Last edited by dubbeh; 08-09-2015 at 08:50.