Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

How to fix MILLISECONDS or CHOKE - FPS NET PACKETS?

Post New Thread Reply   

z0mbiland
Old 04-16-2015 , 15:49   How to fix MILLISECONDS or CHOKE - FPS NET PACKETS?
Reply With Quote #1

I want to cutomize my server milliseconds. I want all players to have great FPS.

Example1-

I play on a ZP server 30/32 players. I have a full fps! The milliseconds don't appear! Great, wow!

[IMG]http://s14.************/zcno9nly9/FPS1.jpg[/IMG]

Example2-

I play on another ZP server 29/32 players. Here appear 94 milliseconds and drop my fps to 9.4 and choke 100. Very bad gameplay and a lot of laggy.

[IMG]http://s9.************/f8hl8a9pn/FPS2.jpg[/IMG]

What to do to fix the milliseconds or choke? They influence the gameplay. Is NOT a client error or a PC performance!
How to add more NET BANDWIDCH to server? is a command or something to fix this?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2015 , 19:38   Re: How to fix MILLISECONDS or CHOKE - FPS NET PACKETS?
Reply With Quote #2

You can't do anything on the server that will improve someone's FPS (other than not adding stupid plugins that add a bunch of useless graphics).

You can't really do anything specifically for a person's ping other running your server on an adequate computer with a fast internet connection.

You can't do anything directly related to a person's choke. The best you can do is to allow your players to use higher rates (as well as running your server on an adequate computer with a fast internet connection).

If your internet connection is slow, you have to ask your host/ISP (if this is a server you are hosting at home, you will probably have to pay a lot of money to get a fast upload speed. Also, generally, you shouldn't be running a server from home, rent a server from a game server provider).

Last edited by fysiks; 04-16-2015 at 19:38.
Syturi0
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2015 , 19:12   Re: How to fix MILLISECONDS or CHOKE - FPS NET PACKETS?
Reply With Quote #3

This is stupid lol.
hornet
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-17-2015 , 20:25   Re: How to fix MILLISECONDS or CHOKE - FPS NET PACKETS?
Reply With Quote #4

Regarding choke it is more than likely just Zombie Plague mod. From what I've seen nearly every plugin hooks PreThink, CmdStart, AddToFullPack etc. etc. with very poor usage.
vBulletin Tip #42: Not much would be accomplished by merging this item with itself.
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 04-17-2015 , 22:57   Re: How to fix MILLISECONDS or CHOKE - FPS NET PACKETS?
Reply With Quote #5

Is this AMX Mod X (HL1 games such Counter-Strike 1.6) related?
Old 04-18-2015 , 04:18   Re: How to fix MILLISECONDS or CHOKE - FPS NET PACKETS?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet View Post
Regarding choke it is more than likely just Zombie Plague mod. From what I've seen nearly every plugin hooks PreThink, CmdStart, AddToFullPack etc. etc. with very poor usage.
Hornet do you have a fix for this?

"You can't do anything directly related to a person's choke. The best you can do is to allow your players to use higher rates (as well as running your server on an adequate computer with a fast internet connection)."

Fysiks what rates you thing are the great?

From my many tests experience i consider cs classic don't have a precache to sounds, models, sprites.

An example:
I test a minigun weapon with 28 players on 2 zombie. I have changed the players model. The plugin weapon have precache to sounds, models, sprites. I have full FPS!

A classic example:
The same scenario but with a classic AK47 weapon. The result is a lot of laggy and milliseconds flood!

Last edited by z0mbiland; 04-18-2015 at 04:30.
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 04-21-2015 , 00:29   Re: How to fix MILLISECONDS or CHOKE - FPS NET PACKETS?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiland View Post
what rates you thing are the great?
On a CS:GO game server that handles at most 40 players, I'm using SV_MinCmdRate, SV_MinRate and SV_MinUpdateRate as they are (default; not modified).

SV_MaxRate 0, SV_MaxCmdRate 128 and SV_MaxUpdateRate 128. I'm letting the clients to pick up their own values. I know just 40% of players change them.

Everything seems to work like a charm. -tickrate 128 and fps_max 9999 though.

In my opinion, the worst idea is to limit clients' settings. Let them chose their best.
If they are not modifying, let them go on the default way.

Last edited by claudiuhks; 04-21-2015 at 00:31.
Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
aron9forever
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2015 , 03:47   Re: How to fix MILLISECONDS or CHOKE - FPS NET PACKETS?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiuhks View Post
On a CS:GO game server that handles at most 40 players, I'm using SV_MinCmdRate, SV_MinRate and SV_MinUpdateRate as they are (default; not modified).

SV_MaxRate 0, SV_MaxCmdRate 128 and SV_MaxUpdateRate 128. I'm letting the clients to pick up their own values. I know just 40% of players change them.

Everything seems to work like a charm. -tickrate 128 and fps_max 9999 though.

In my opinion, the worst idea is to limit clients' settings. Let them chose their best.
If they are not modifying, let them go on the default way.
you know very well that (at least romanians) always fuck up their settings, especially in 1.6, with dumb crap like rate 35000 , cmdrate 101 updaterate 101 and other bandwidth eating crap
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 04-21-2015 , 04:26   Re: How to fix MILLISECONDS or CHOKE - FPS NET PACKETS?
Reply With Quote #9

This happens if you force client to use many cpu. For example, hud messages that display every second or less. It's very hard to tell you what the problem is if you dont show all the sma's of all plugins that you are using
Old 04-21-2015 , 13:42   Re: How to fix MILLISECONDS or CHOKE - FPS NET PACKETS?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
This happens if you force client to use many cpu. For example, hud messages that display every second or less. It's very hard to tell you what the problem is if you dont show all the sma's of all plugins that you are using
it's what hornet said
almost all public zombie mods are trash, they work fine alone but when you pile them up stuff like this happens
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.