Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Lang analyzer

Post New Thread Reply   

Freezo Begin
BANNED
Old 04-19-2015 , 14:49   Lang analyzer
Reply With Quote #1

Hey again , i see the tool of lang analyzer created by xpaw so i want to do it in a program it seems easy . But let me ask you ! What kind of errors can be in a language file ?
And if you can just give me please the available lang ...

Please dont tell why you will do it in a program .
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2015 , 15:02   Re: Lang analyzer
Reply With Quote #2

Is there something wrong with xPaw's program?
Old 04-19-2015 , 15:21   Re: Lang analyzer
Reply With Quote #3

Its a web tool .

I like do things in program . Also the connection is not needed ....
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2015 , 15:30   Re: Lang analyzer
Reply With Quote #4

Does he provide the source code? If yes, simply look at his source code to see what all he does. Then, after you got it duplicated, you can add stuff.
Old 04-19-2015 , 15:41   Re: Lang analyzer
Reply With Quote #5

I dont think that he share tge source code the errors that i can see is :
-Missing language ....
-Space after '='
-AMXX only takes first 2 characters as identifier
-Default translation for X does not exist in [en]

Idk if there is more or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaw View Post
Abit, but its based on [en] to check other languages for missing keys and such things.
Idk why did he check only [en] seems useless for checking just en ...
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2015 , 17:07   Re: Lang analyzer
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezo Begin View Post
Idk why did he check only [en] seems useless for checking just en ...
He doesn't just check English. He is using English as the baseline for his check i.e. he is assuming that the English section will contain ALL of the necessary lang keys. This is the best way to do it in the context of English being a requirement for plugin submission. Any other method for whatever reason would either be equivalent using a different language as a baseline or just overly complicated given the purpose of the utility.

For example, if a key is in the English list but not another language's list then that key is missing from the other language. If there is a key that is in the other language's list but not in the English list then it's extra and therefore unneeded.

Also, I web-based utility is much better than a program on your computer IMO. For one, it is much much safer for the end user (I will never run an executable on my computer that you or most other people here made, no offense). And, secondly, 100% of the people that visit this site and play a game like this will already have the internet.

Last edited by fysiks; 04-19-2015 at 17:11.
Freezo Begin
BANNED
Old 04-19-2015 , 17:40   Re: Lang analyzer
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
He doesn't just check English. He is using English as the baseline for his check i.e. he is assuming that the English section will contain ALL of the necessary lang keys. This is the best way to do it in the context of English being a requirement for plugin submission. Any other method for whatever reason would either be equivalent using a different language as a baseline or just overly complicated given the purpose of the utility.

For example, if a key is in the English list but not another language's list then that key is missing from the other language. If there is a key that is in the other language's list but not in the English list then it's extra and therefore unneeded.

Also, I web-based utility is much better than a program on your computer IMO. For one, it is much much safer for the end user (I will never run an executable on my computer that you or most other people here made, no offense). And, secondly, 100% of the people that visit this site and play a game like this will already have the internet.

Wrong , i know ita based on english list but what about if the user forget a shit in english list and he add it in an other one it will be not detected .

Also , i can do the executable based on his web but i want to allow it for who does not have connection .

And why exactly you will not run any .exe in this forum . Why ? Do think that most of people here bind or add virus in the program ? who tell you that the website is safe . i can bind my website . There is a lot of things ( just search pastebin bind virus base64 and you will find it ) well i know those things and i know how to do it but i dont want because its really a shit + a big shit !!!

Well its 100% for sure but if someone need to do it and he doesnt have connection well he will gain at least time ... Sorry for my bad english ( im phone ) ..

Last edited by Freezo Begin; 04-19-2015 at 17:42.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2015 , 18:42   Re: Lang analyzer
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Wrong , i know ita based on english list but what about if the user forget a shit in english list and he add it in an other one it will be not detected.
They shouldn't forget one of the English keys, it's that simple. Since English is required for plugin submissions, that's really all that matters to most people.

The simplest thing that you could do is to use the language at the top of the list as the baseline (instead of assuming English). So, if your native language is not English, you can put it at the top and not need to do any complicated code to find missing/extra keys here and there.

Quote:
And why exactly you will not run any .exe in this forum . Why ? Do think that most of people here bind or add virus in the program ? who tell you that the website is safe . i can bind my website . There is a lot of things ( just search pastebin bind virus base64 and you will find it ) well i know those things and i know how to do it but i dont want because its really a shit + a big shit !!!
It's always safer to go to some random website than to run some random executable (you have an extra layer of protection when visiting a website) given the same "trustability". I'm not saying that I believe that you are hardcoding viruses or backdoors into your executable. There are other reasons to not run executables from inexperienced developers.

In other words, it's not about an intent to do harm, it's the apparent lack of experience that most people here have with developing applications.

Quote:
Sorry for my bad english ( im phone ) ..
Don't blame your phone for your bad English. Also, stop putting a space before a period or other punctuation at the end of a sentence.

Last edited by fysiks; 04-19-2015 at 18:59.
Freezo Begin
BANNED
Old 04-19-2015 , 19:11   Re: Lang analyzer
Reply With Quote #9

Okey , Yep for sure if you dont want do run it its your choice ...

English ... Eng ....
English in my country take the 3 place to speak out just a little with it would be a fucking great . So i blame you !

Last edited by Freezo Begin; 04-20-2015 at 02:28.
xPaw
Retired AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-23-2015 , 08:40   Re: Lang analyzer
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Wrong , i know ita based on english list but what about if the user forget a shit in english list and he add it in an other one it will be not detected .
Except it also warns about keys that exist in some language but are not present in English.

It also performs checks to make sure formatting stuff like %s is in correct order between languages, and there are a bunch of other small checks.

I probably can add a select box to choose which language should be used to perform checks against.