Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)

Post New Thread Reply   

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 02-03-2015 , 22:02   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1461

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamSwit View Post
I somehow fix my problem, the server start vote and change map, but i can't nominate a map, it says map not found.
I've got the feeling that by the time you see this, you'll have already figured out your problem, but here goes anyway...

Make sure you're spelling the name of the map correctly while nominating and also in the file you're using to hold the map names for nomination. Further, ensure the map is in the server's maps folder. Basically, it's either a spelling issue or the map doesn't exist.

Code:
// Specifies the file to use which holds the names of the maps, listed 
// one per line, that players can nominate. Use * for all maps in the 
// server's maps folder.
// You can specify a relative path before the filename, relative from
// your gamemod folder (i.e. addons/amxmodx/configs/mymapcycle.txt).
gal_nom_mapfile mapcycle.txt

Last edited by Brad; 02-03-2015 at 22:02.
feifei
Old 02-05-2015 , 15:24   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1462

1. will rtv work when mp_timelimit 0 ?

2. Can you please add second ??

You have to wait approximately %i more minutes and %i seconds before you can rock the vote.

Last edited by feifei; 02-05-2015 at 15:48.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 02-12-2015 , 23:51   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1463

Quote:
Originally Posted by feifei View Post
I don't believe it will. You'll have to try it to make sure -- I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feifei View Post
2. Can you please add second ??

You have to wait approximately %i more minutes and %i seconds before you can rock the vote.
No, not really. Not easily, anyway. The precision of most of Galileo is to the minute. Everything is loosely based around that.

And to be clear, though you'll probably be the only one that reads this, I can't see myself making any further changes to Galileo. If I notice a request, I may look at the code and tell the person what they'd need to do, but if it's too involved, I'll imply as much and not figure out the changes for whatever. This is one of those cases.

Last edited by Brad; 02-12-2015 at 23:53.
zaludan
Old 02-13-2015 , 03:22   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
And to be clear, though you'll probably be the only one that reads this, I can't see myself making any further changes to Galileo. If I notice a request, I may look at the code and tell the person what they'd need to do, but if it's too involved, I'll imply as much and not figure out the changes for whatever. This is one of those cases.
And I was hoping your ressurection here was going to be useful ;)
Lycode
Old 02-13-2015 , 05:55   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1465

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaludan View Post
And I was hoping your ressurection here was going to be useful ;)
That's rude and uncalled for, especially as it's also wrong.

Not only is this plugin one of the most dependable and used plugins for the past 7 years or so [currently running in over 1500 servers], it's clear Brad poured his heart into it. Many plugins in various games were inspired by Galileo. The requests made so far are for the benefit of the requester [because they want certain things done a certain way] not the plugin or expanding it's functionality.
Old 02-13-2015 , 06:18   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycode View Post
That's rude and uncalled for, especially as it's also wrong.
Did you miss the wink at the end of my post?

Just for the record - I use Galileo on both servers I run for years, and it's probably gonna stay there as long as the servers are running.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 02-14-2015 , 18:47   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1467

I found the comment funny. I didn't take offense.
Old 02-21-2015 , 18:36   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1468

I'm actively updating this plugin at long last. Won't necessarily be adding too many features, other than those that I already have after the release here, unless they're small and relatively easy to implement.

If there's anything that you'd like to see me address, please let me know.
Old 02-21-2015 , 23:18   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1469

Quote:
Originally Posted by feifei
I don't believe it will. You'll have to try it to make sure -- I could be wrong.
It will. I have used this on many different servers with timelimit 0 and timelimit 20/30. And the rtv will work nomatter what ;)
zaludan
Old 02-22-2015 , 04:51   Re: Galileo 1.1.290 (a feature rich map voting plugin)
Reply With Quote #1470

Quote:
I'm actively updating this plugin at long last. Won't necessarily be adding too many features, other than those that I already have after the release here, unless they're small and relatively easy to implement.

If there's anything that you'd like to see me address, please let me know.
So, you are going to be usefull after all

There are two things I want to mention.

First - a bug.
I have "extending current map" enabled, but it usually just makes plugin somehow stopping.
When players vote for map extension, it is impossible to get a vote for next map. Rtv by anybody, and gal_startvote by admins just returns with "vote already in progress", but it never comes up, and, when time runs up, it changes map to de_nuke (always).
What is interesting there is that I have this plugin on two servers. One server runs app 180 different maps, and it happens almost every time extension gets voted, and it's always de_nuke.
Second server is smaller - 12 slots only - so it has app 70 smaller maps. But, it came with all default maps, and though in any map related files only small maps were listed, it too was changing to de_nuke, untill I've deleted it from maps folder. Now, it changes to fy_snow which is server's "start up" map.

Second - is it possible to limit nominations, and plugin's map "offerings" by number of players on server?
This problem can partially be solved by "groups" option, but, there is very often an idiot than nominates aim_headshot on full server, and, since it gets in slot "1", there is serious chance for it to be next map.
If you think this could be adresses, I'd elaborate further what I think should be done...

Of course, third thing would be that voting menu doesn't start with "1", but you've already sad it's not possible, so...