Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

MOTDgd Advertisements (3.0.2 2020/01/04) ** Added 'rewards' (works with CSGO) **

Post New Thread Reply   

Protako
Old 12-05-2014 , 12:40   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.5 beta - 12/10/14)
Reply With Quote #391

That hurts not work this advertising csgo.
They save if someday will work with csgo?

8:59:10: [motdgd_adverts.smx] Advertisement preload is not possible as the cURL Either or Socket extension is not installed or this server is running an unsupported game

Last edited by Protako; 12-05-2014 at 12:42.
Send a message via Yahoo to Protako
danne2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-05-2014 , 12:45   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.5 beta - 12/10/14)
Reply With Quote #392

I've been getting my payments every month. Don't know what's wrong with yours.
Protako
Old 12-05-2014 , 13:23   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.5 beta - 12/10/14)
Reply With Quote #393

Well, if there is support for css and compatibility but csgo or no support or compatibility and causes the server to fall
If that works and have baner but it gives you an error and you pull the server
mlov420
Old 12-06-2014 , 19:08   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.5 beta - 12/10/14)
Reply With Quote #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protako View Post
That hurts not work this advertising csgo.
They save if someday will work with csgo?

8:59:10: [motdgd_adverts.smx] Advertisement preload is not possible as the cURL Either or Socket extension is not installed or this server is running an unsupported game

You need to disable the preload function if you're using the current version of the plugin for CS:GO. A better option is to just contact Ixel (motdgd owner) on Steam and ask him to give you a copy of their 1.6.6 version of the plugin. Every version they've distributed of 2.x.x has been no good for CS:GO.
Protako
Old 12-12-2014 , 11:56   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.5 beta - 12/10/14)
Reply With Quote #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
You need to disable the preload function if you're using the current version of the plugin for CS:GO. A better option is to just contact Ixel (motdgd owner) on Steam and ask him to give you a copy of their 1.6.6 version of the plugin. Every version they've distributed of 2.x.x has been no good for CS:GO.

Mlov420 Hi Thanks for your reply.
You are absolutely right, put the plugin version 1.6.6 with CS GO and e been watching for a few days and perfect works great.
For those who need ... http://motdgd.com/downloads/motdgd_sourcemod.zip
Thank you

Last edited by Protako; 12-12-2014 at 13:17.
BoBzY
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-21-2014 , 06:56   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.5 beta - 12/10/14)
Reply With Quote #396

Received also 3 payments, without any problems, rly nice plugin
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-21-2014 , 08:29   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.5 beta - 12/10/14)
Reply With Quote #397

How does this compare as an alternative to Pinion? The FAQs don't really give a clear answer on what you can expect for payments.

Quote:
We offer a generous revenue share of 80% to all our members (as standard); we believe a revenue share is more beneficial to our members, than quoting a fixed CPM rate.
Is this still based on view counts?
Can anyone post how much they are receiving and how many servers they are running?
Old 12-21-2014 , 09:33   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.5 beta - 12/10/14)
Reply With Quote #398

Im going to try version 2.2.5 for cs:go now and I will disable preloading. Should I use version 1.6.6 again or will it work correctly now?
Old 12-21-2014 , 17:24   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.5 beta - 12/10/14)
Reply With Quote #399

MOTDGD is by far a superior platform to Pinion.

Ad views & Frequency Capping:

After your first month with Pinion, they will start capping your ad views if you go over a certain threshold. If you don't meet that threshold, at some point down the road you will be harassed constantly via email by Arthur (Pinion's rep) to identify the exact types of servers you are running and to provide him with a working list of all your servers, all of which is optional when you sign up. He will then decide whether or not to place limitations on your account. You can tell if you have been capped manually by Pinion because you will receive that big ugly orange page that says NO AD AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME, as opposed to their normal orange/black page which will just show an empty black box if the advertisers have no ad available to you.

MOTDGD typically has very minimal frequency capping and that's only if you are not providing quality traffic over a long period of time (mainly determined by CTR). Their ads load very quickly and you can prioritize the types of ads you want to see in your control panel. They have additional options to input banner+video tags into your own webpage.

eCPM and payouts:

Pinion and MOTDGD are both Net60 in payment terms. Pinion's eCPM ($ per 1000 views) are locked. You get paid $3.00 for every 1000 Tier 1 ad views and something like $2.20 for Tier 2+3 ad views. You have to manually "process" your invoice at the beginning of each month. The upside to Pinion in terms of payouts is that they always pay you on the 1st of the month, so it is a true Net60.

MOTDGD's eCPM are variable, which in my personal OPINION is better, especially living in NA. They have a more sophisticated ad network & interface. Their waterfall system always looks for the highest bidding available ad, then continues down the line in the same manner until it either serves you the highest paying available ad or determines there is not an ad available for a player at that time. Your invoice will automatically be generated at the end of every month. Here is the downside, if you want to call it that. MOTDGD is NET60 like Pinion but they give themselves a buffer of up to 15 days before they guarantee payout, so it COULD be up to NET75 (but it never is). In almost all cases, you will be paid between the 4th-7th of each month from MOTDGD.

In my opinion, after around 1.5 years of comparing the 2, motdGD is a much better experience all around for players and server owners. Ixel is one of the nicest dudes ever too. I've had my issues with motdGD like any other company, but honestly, his service and willingness to work 1 on 1 with individuals to handle their problems (with considerable priority as well) will keep me using their company as long as I'm still in need of this type of service.

TL;DR - MOTDGD bettuh
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-21-2014 , 20:32   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.5 beta - 12/10/14)
Reply With Quote #400

Thanks for the info but what I am really looking for is an idea of how much it pays. If it pays more than pinion then it would be worth looking into.

Which is why I asked if someone using this could give an example of what they may bring in for ~3 servers.