Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Bumper Cars 0x0D (Last updated 11/1/2015 | 3:30AM CDT)

Post New Thread Reply   

lionheart1066
Old 10-31-2014 , 12:01   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x08 (Last updated *Today* 10/30/2014 | 7:41PM CDT)
Reply With Quote #51

Also appears to be randomly forcing the cart onto some players that don't have access. Like on my server the self target is set to the a flag and there's a player without the a flag who's been forced into the bumper car.

EDIT: Also appears that you can instantly change teams and you'll be reset. Thankfully however SF2 doesn't consider people switching from Blue to Red as new or alive players, but the visible bug is well. Yeah there. Maybe something to force the player back to their original team if they're using the car?

Last edited by lionheart1066; 10-31-2014 at 13:09.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2014 , 13:15   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x08 (Last updated *Today* 10/30/2014 | 7:41PM CDT)
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4Told View Post
I found something else, my girlfriend actually pointed this out:
When you are forced into the car using respawn on 2, and set the overrides to "z" (so no one can use it), you can switch teams and switch classes and you're out of the car. Same thing works when you use spectator.
Is TeamOnly set?

Edit: Actually I don't quite understand what you're saying is happen, but I'll test it later.

Fixes for teamchanging incoming, and other things.

Last edited by Chdata; 10-31-2014 at 14:48.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2014 , 14:33   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars v⑨ (Last updated *Today* 10/31/2014 | 1:26PM CDT)
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
v⑨ (10/31/2014 | 1:26PM)

* Fixed 'always cart' setting not being cleared when a player disconnects.
* Fixed changing teams allowing you to instantly respawn on the other team.
* Added cvar to allow suiciding (Thanks McKay, yes I copied your method, just changed slightly).
* Added cvar to only allow entering a car after respawning, as opposed to as soon as you use the command.
* Changing cv_bumpercar_teamonly mid-game now removes people's bumpercars if they're on the wrong team.
- Warning: Does NOT check for sd_doomsday_event minigames yet!
Specifically, the 'only enter cart after respawn' should prevent people from making a bind for this command so they can just toggle the car as a way to negate fall damage.
Old 10-31-2014 , 14:52   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars v⑨ (Last updated *Today* 10/31/2014 | 1:26PM CDT)
Reply With Quote #54

Also if someone can report broken precache again in the latest vers that'd be cool.

edit: wow baby a triple

Last edited by Chdata; 10-31-2014 at 14:52.
medic917
Old 10-31-2014 , 15:09   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars 0x06 (Last updated *Today* 10/30/2014 | 12:12PM CDT)
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
The admin overrides only affect usage of the command itself.

Can you describe the bug more?

Do people spawn as a car as soon as they join and enter?

"Or is it a bug where people spawn as a car despite not having access to set themselves as a car?"

Or..?

-------------

Family's hyping me about doing chores so just a couuuple of more hours b4 update.
THis one:
Code:
Or is it a bug where people spawn as a car despite not having access to set themselves as a car?
Anyone else having this bug? It seems like it's only me...

Last edited by medic917; 10-31-2014 at 15:10.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2014 , 15:31   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars v⑨ (Last updated *Today* 10/31/2014 | 1:26PM CDT)
Reply With Quote #56

People being able to spawn as a car despite not having access should be fixed.

Note:

The admin override will only prevent access to /the command/ itself. If you set cv_bumpercar_respawn 2 (force everyone to enter a car), then it will always force them to enter the car.

I can add support for the admin flag to control that though.

Additionally: Before version 0x09, it was possible for a player to disconnect, and another player to connect "in that last player's spot", and if that last player was enabled for bumper cars, the new player would be too. This has been fixed in the latest though.
Old 10-31-2014 , 15:54   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars v⑨ (Last updated *Today* 10/31/2014 | 1:26PM CDT)
Reply With Quote #57

Great work Chdata, thanks mate. Will be testing as soon as my Mario servers are not full. I'll look out for the server console precache spam if nobody has reported on it beforehand.

BTW: You forgot to mention in the patch notes that you changed the name of the plugin ;-)

Last edited by MrBen; 10-31-2014 at 15:54.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2014 , 16:08   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars v⑨ (Last updated *Today* 10/31/2014 | 1:26PM CDT)
Reply With Quote #58

"Soon as my server's not full"

Do you have reserved slots set up for yourself? lel.

I didn't really change the name of the plugin, just the file. But I guess I'll note that.

Last edited by Chdata; 10-31-2014 at 16:09.
Thunderscunt Krazy
Old 10-31-2014 , 16:19   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars v⑨ (Last updated *Today* 10/31/2014 | 1:26PM CDT)
Reply With Quote #59

I'm not sure if it's the map I'm using but the cars don't seem to be making any type of noise. My console gets flooded with junk like:

SV_StartSound: )weapons/bumper_car_speed_boost_start.wav not precached (0)
SV_StartSound: )weapons/bumper_car_speed_boost_stop.wav not precached (0)
SV_StartSound: weapons/bumper_car_hit2.wav not precached (0)
SV_StartSound: )weapons/bumper_car_jump_land.wav not precached (0)
SV_StartSound: weapons/bumper_car_hit6.wav not precached (0)
SV_StartSound: )weapons/bumper_car_jump_land.wav not precached (0)

I mean, I don't expect you to hop on this as if it's top priority but I just don't know what this is. Enlighten me so to speak.

Last edited by Thunderscunt Krazy; 10-31-2014 at 16:20.
MrBen
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-31-2014 , 16:43   Re: [TF2] Bumper Cars v⑨ (Last updated *Today* 10/31/2014 | 1:26PM CDT)
Reply With Quote #60

We do have reserved slots and I might well be the owner of several servers, but I didn't grow my community by kicking out innocent players from the game just to make room for ugly old me :-) (unless I absolutely had to get in to ban someone urgently of course).

Also, what I meant by that is that I need to restart the game server itself, as from past bad experience I don't trust unloading and loading plugins on the fly, especially when new cvars have been added. It saves chasing errors that don't actually exisit - I spend enough time troubleshooting erros without adding to it :-)

Ok - the !car "only on respawn" is working great - nice one and thanks!

Precache errors have been reduced significantly and it's very hard to grab them as they don't go into the error log and server console text moves so fast, but I noticed the following still non precached errors:

weapons/bumper_car_Jump.wav
weapons/bumper_car_Jump_land.wav
weapons/bumper_car_speed_boost_start
weapons/bumper_car_speed_boost_stop
weapons/bumper_car_hit2
weapons/bumper_car_hit3
weapons/bumper_car_hit4
weapons/bumper_car_hit5
weapons/bumper_car_hit6
weapons/bumper_car_hit7

There might be more mate - I'll see if I spot any others, but a lot less than before.

I also noticed sparks coming from the rear of the kart on breaking now which is nice - that wasn't showing before, but the hit sound (when you crash into the wall etc) is nowgone again - probably linked to the above error messages.

It's coming together really nicely mate, so thanks again.

Last edited by MrBen; 10-31-2014 at 16:54.