Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Request: IP plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

d4rk
Old 06-01-2004 , 07:53   Request: IP plugin
Reply With Quote #1

I've written a thread on the AMX Mod forums requesting an IP plugin (nobody wants to make it), but now I'm using AMX Mod X so I thought that someone could make this plugin. I don't want to copy and paste the thread, because this request refers to AMX Mod plugins, which aren't made yet for AMX Mod X (I know that most of them are compatible).
The thread is little confusing but I'm hoping that you'll understand what I wanted to say ;).
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2004 , 12:14  
Reply With Quote #2

please post your request here not just a link.
Old 06-01-2004 , 15:11  
Reply With Quote #3

Ok, if you want to.

These are four plugins which I found on this forum and which have something common with logging and displaying players IP:
o Show IP and IP Ban
o WhoPlayerIPTracking
o Ipdb
o ID Logger and Player Tracking

I don't know how to create a plugin (I'm thinking about learning it) and I would like to ask somebody to create it. I always want to know who is playing on my LAN server, so that's why I'm using three IP plugins to identify people which very often change their nick names. I'm using Show IP and IP Ban (for showing people IP's), WhoPlayerIPTracking (for logging the IP's) and the ID Logger and Player Tracking plugin (for other IP logging).

I would like a plugin which would show a message on player connect such as ( [AMX] <player name> (<player IP> , <known name>) trying to connect, like in Show IP and IP Ban plugin), which ONLY admins could see.
I think that amx_ipban command in this plugin is unnecessary, because amx mod has build-in banning on SteamID and also on IP (if I'm mistaken, please correct me).

I would like also that this plugin could log into a file, players IP.
The WhoPlayerIPTracking plugin logs into /%moddir%/admin_logs/id_logs and the ID Logger and Player Tracking into
/%moddir%/addons/amx/logs/admin_logs/id_logs (in this plugin there is written that it logs into the same directory as WhoPlayerIPTracking, but it's wrong).
I think that better logging directory is /%moddir%/addons/amx/logs/admin_logs/id_logs or /%moddir%/addons/amx/admin_logs/id_logs. The Show IP and IP Ban plugin also prints the name, IP and description (written in ipdesc.ini) in a MOTD. I think that it's also unnecessary and it will be enough, if it only prints it in the console.

Please, can somebody create this plugin ?
It is necessary to make only the message be visible for admins and logging IP's into a file. I think, that it can be added into Show IP and IP Ban plugin.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2004 , 16:40  
Reply With Quote #4

Basicly what your asking is:

A plugin that check if ppls ip`s equal. IE their in a lan.
Logs if this happens and tells admins thats on the server?
d4rk
Old 06-02-2004 , 05:39  
Reply With Quote #5

Umm, not exacly... .

I'm requesting a plugin that:
- logs people IPs into a file
- makes a command eg. amx_ips which shows the IP's of the current people playing on the server and their description
- has a file in which you add an IP and description (real name), because when a person very often changes the name, I want to know who is he/she
- prints a message when a player connects to a server with his IP and description (real name) and which is visible only for admins

Is it clear now ? ;)
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2004 , 06:50  
Reply With Quote #6

that all depends on geoip module I believe, and that doesnt work... so no such plugin yet.
Old 06-02-2004 , 07:54  
Reply With Quote #7

I see, that you didn't read carefully.

Listen, all I need is a plugin created by compiling Show IP and IP Ban and WhoPlayerIPTracking into one and modifying them a little. No GeoIP module needed.
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2004 , 08:49  
Reply With Quote #8

here are both ported over. if they work lemme know and I will post both to the plugin section.
Attached Files
File Type: amx show_ip.amx (4.4 KB, 465 views)
File Type: amx whoplayeriptracking.amx (1.5 KB, 289 views)
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2004 , 08:52  
Reply With Quote #9

ahh crap! This is not good. I no of a lot of hackers that are just willing to get there hands on sum IPS! Please make it so only the admin can see it. (if it already doesnt). This is a scary plugin if u ask me!
Old 06-02-2004 , 09:37  
Reply With Quote #10

kingpin, I see that you don't understand...

When I had AMX Mod installed on my LAN server, I used two plugins to log people IP's to a file and to check who is who. I used Show IP and IP Ban and WhoPlayerIPTracking plugins. First was logging and showing people IP's, but the second didn't log but only showed them (in the console and also in the MOTD) and also showed a message such as [AMX] <player name> (<player IP> , <known name>) trying to connect when a player connected to my server. Now I'm using AMX Mod X (nobody on AMX Mod forum wanted to create this plugin), so I wroted here ;). I want a plugin which has this both 'functions'.

I need this plugin, because people from my LAN very often change their nick names and I want to know all the time who is playing under that fake nick. I also want to know who is connecting to my server before I see him in the spectators (this option has the WhoPlayerIPTracking plugin).
So don't port me those two plugins, because I have them and I don't need them separated .