Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Need help associating an IP address with SourceBans Steam ID entries

Post New Thread Reply   

Otter
Old 09-21-2014 , 23:35   Need help associating an IP address with SourceBans Steam ID entries
Reply With Quote #1

Basically I want to create a plugin that will ban a client's IP address when they get banned by their Steam ID in SourceBans. Currently, when banning someone by their Steam ID, SourceBans doesn't grab their IP address unless you manually enter it into the web panel, which is a pain in the ass even for me. I know SourceBans IP banning isn't that great, which is why I only ever ban by ID. I just want to make sure that everytime someone gets banned by their Steam ID, there's an IP address associated with it, so I can see if they're trying to bypass the ban with an alt account.

If there's a way to modify or change settings in SourceBans itself, that would be even better.

I want to know how so I can do this myself, but if someone else takes the initiative to do it and share it with me, I'll give them a TF2 key or something.

My Steam Group My Forum RFC
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2014 , 08:21   Re: Need help associating an IP address with SourceBans Steam ID entries
Reply With Quote #2

I believe the game plugin hooks when a ban is added which is probably where it inserts the info to the database.
Old 09-22-2014 , 11:32   Re: Need help associating an IP address with SourceBans Steam ID entries
Reply With Quote #3

You could try this.
I know it dosnt ban the ip, but it works pretty much the same way since it checks the ip's of a ban and then bans the new account, which imo is even better

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1818793
Old 09-22-2014 , 12:16   Re: Need help associating an IP address with SourceBans Steam ID entries
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoPe^ View Post
You could try this.
I know it dosnt ban the ip, but it works pretty much the same way since it checks the ip's of a ban and then bans the new account, which imo is even better

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1818793
That's exactly what I'm trying to do. The only problem is that there needs to be an IP address in the banlist in order for it to work. As you can see here: http://norulestf2.clanservers.com/bans/index.php none of the banlist entries have an IP address. I just need to find a way to automatically add a player's IP address to the banlist when they are banned by Steam ID.

DoPe^
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2014 , 13:01   Re: Need help associating an IP address with SourceBans Steam ID entries
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
That's exactly what I'm trying to do. The only problem is that there needs to be an IP address in the banlist in order for it to work. As you can see here: http://norulestf2.clanservers.com/bans/index.php none of the banlist entries have an IP address. I just need to find a way to automatically add a player's IP address to the banlist when they are banned by Steam ID.
ehm, it should also add an ip to the ban if you are banning from ingame.

You have prob messed up the sourcebans page when you added sourcecomms

As you can see here it's showing up fine on my sb page

If you take a look at your sourcebans database you should be able to see if its also adding a ip to the ban

as you can see here under the sb_bans table

Last edited by DoPe^; 09-22-2014 at 13:07.
Otter
Old 09-22-2014 , 13:54   Re: Need help associating an IP address with SourceBans Steam ID entries
Reply With Quote #6

That's what it was. Most of mine are web bans, because more often than not, I or my admins don't get much chance to ban them in-game. We're a pretty lenient community as the name implies, but when someone does something they know is bad, they usually hit and run if you know what I mean. So then I look through the "Recently Played With" tab of my friends list, or I go through the server logs. I forget to add the IP address because I'm retarded lol.

The other thing is, if I web ban someone while they're in my servers, does it add an IP address when it boots them? I haven't had the chance to test it and find out for myself.

Otter
Old 09-22-2014 , 14:07   Re: Need help associating an IP address with SourceBans Steam ID entries
Reply With Quote #7

Nvm, I answered my own question after looking through my banlist details. There are some entries that say they were banned from within TF2, but they have custom reasons that I manually typed in, so they have to be web bans that were made while the player was in my servers. There are no IP addresses associated with them. Maybe I can modify the Sourcebans plugin so that it adds an IP address when someone is booted using the "KickIt" functionality of Sourcebans.

I'm not too concerned about Sourcecomms though, since I rarely mute people for longer than a session. And I don't think it's messing anything up though.

Last edited by Otter; 09-22-2014 at 22:17.