Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Taunt 'em (v1.0.1, 06/23/2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

friagram
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2014 , 23:09   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #51

It was my servers that have the /taunts command, but I prefer not to post that, because all you have to do is change the command access level and >> instant donator plugin (which sarge specifically requested people not do). Now if people want to do it, they will anyways. But at least ones they know nothing can't.

@sarysa
A better way is to just change their buttons with runcmd and alter the VEL... use bitwise to remove ad keys or whatever.. which is what I use. It prevents them from doing any movement or stopping it also. Of course there's gonna be some CSP problems. If you do the taunt thing you can change the speed, you just gotta do it on a think post, or add velocity to them constantly, also probably on something like a think post.
also, stops copies me.
pendrive148
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-09-2014 , 00:22   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #52

I'm having some problems: I have to use the command a few times to work, and appears in the chat:
[SM] Could not find CEconItemView for taunt

robotortoise
Old 07-09-2014 , 03:03   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
I'd like that feature request too. How do people normally submit feature requests to Valve?
http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.p...ipient=TF+Team

This seems to be the requested way. Valve even posted about it on their TF page when mentioning the beta update, so....

If you ever need help with Wii/Gamecube/DS sounds/music/ect., I'm your man!

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

How to loop and compress .wav files

Me and my friends' server
Nighty
Old 07-09-2014 , 05:23   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
It was my servers that have the /taunts command, but I prefer not to post that, because all you have to do is change the command access level and >> instant donator plugin (which sarge specifically requested people not do). Now if people want to do it, they will anyways. But at least ones they know nothing can't.
so you think i better remove that? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...6&postcount=46
==> removed =)

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Don't worry about posting or not posting your own versions or adaptations of this.
==> added again

Last edited by Nighty; 07-12-2014 at 05:40.
sarysa
Old 07-09-2014 , 10:21   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
@sarysa
A better way is to just change their buttons with runcmd and alter the VEL... use bitwise to remove ad keys or whatever.. which is what I use. It prevents them from doing any movement or stopping it also. Of course there's gonna be some CSP problems. If you do the taunt thing you can change the speed, you just gotta do it on a think post, or add velocity to them constantly, also probably on something like a think post.
also, stops copies me.
Actually Friagram, people can get out of your version. I've also noticed people can stop taunting and then spam attacks or duck jumps or something to keep from taunting again...it's fickle but it works in some cases, like an engie can bang their wrench on a building and for whatever reason it keeps the force taunt (square dance and conga on VSP) from working. A jumping scout is also more or less immune...I was able to navigate to goomba position (soda popper) and goomba'd the boss 4 times while everyone else (including the boss) was square dancing in one instance.
There seems to be a considerable amount of privilege that the client gets re: movement. The server can only do so much which is why I lock the user's perspective like I do so I can at least stop the rocks from hard-turning. The same would apply to vehicles if turn speed were ever opened up.

And I do change the buttons in my version, but I've also done things like give the rocks -100% jump height to minimize the way players can escape the taunt. Also gave melee 100% damage penalty.

re: altering the vel, I'm guessing from my scout instance that you might not be doing that properly. You have to both alter the velocity vector (SetEntPropVector) -and- teleport the entity. I made a quicky glide rage (as an alternative to Flutterbat's parachute which couldn't be scaled/limited) and I noticed I had to modify both for this otherwise simple m_vecVelocity[2] < something capping ability to work.

Last edited by sarysa; 07-09-2014 at 10:41.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2014 , 00:20   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
I'd suggest that you not make access to this plugin a donator feature or a pay-to-use feature, as it may prompt Valve to inhibit its functionality.
As you'll notice, my plugin in itself could probably be used as a donator feature just by using the admin overrides (players with access will only be able to target themselves if they can't target others).

It was just a suggestion to server operators.

Don't worry about posting or not posting your own versions or adaptations of this.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2014 , 13:38   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #57

Taunts will only succeed if they pass the distance/elevation filters. Now, there are hidden cvars to change those if you want to force someone to say, high five point blank against a wall. I don't remember them all, but there are more than a few.

I was speaking of something completely unrelated to taunting all together (using commands to control movement which they can not prevent, like this). As far as goomba goes... Well it's a very poorly designed mod that lends itself to abuse in all manner of situations unless you perform gymnastics to go around it.
sarysa
Old 07-10-2014 , 17:26   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
I was speaking of something completely unrelated to taunting all together (using commands to control movement which they can not prevent, like this). As far as goomba goes... Well it's a very poorly designed mod that lends itself to abuse in all manner of situations unless you perform gymnastics to go around it.
I'm not sure about the older goomba mod, but the latest goomba mod has forwards similar to OnPlayerRunCmd that allows modifying the goomba. (so you could easily make someone immune) It's:

public Action:OnStomp(attacker, victim, &Float:damageMultiplier, &Float:damageBonus, &Float:JumpPower)

I use it with the minions.

Last edited by sarysa; 07-10-2014 at 17:27.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2014 , 20:32   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #59

I think Friagram was referring to the idea that you don't have to use a taunt, per se, to force a player's movement. However, I'd think that using stuff built into TF2 to make TF2 move a player causes less clientside prediction errors than forcing their movements serverside. Valve's blog post about the suction flamethrower is kinda case in point.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
sarysa
Old 07-14-2014 , 10:13   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #60

Yep. The higher the player's ping is, too, the more jarring the experience is. It's why I'm glad your research let me avoid it in this case.