Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Protecting Plugins Plugin?

Post New Thread Reply   

HolyDuFF
Old 07-05-2014 , 16:56   Re: Protecting Plugins Plugin?
Reply With Quote #11

Amroth

So the server couldn't be cloned in the regular way that Swedish ppl did. My server was the most popular in Sweden and many joined my server to look what plugins I ran to use them on their own server (Server cloning/stealing). Thx dude

The IP address could be obtained through the website, tracking the domain name or the steam server list anyways. Or simply selecting the domain name as the destination of the attack.

Oshizu (Reply deleted)

I'm not "red" and "spitting words". I didn't even call you names or nothing lol. I just made logical statements to protect my side of the discussion. It's called arguing. And how the fuck am I supposed to know if you are serious or not? You laughed at my shit and called it fake. Of course I'm gonna take it seriously wtf? A "fight"? This is not a fight. It's still called arguing. And yes I use foul language to express things and I think that is just fine. But when ppl start calling each other names and attacking their looks, body and family and shit that's when it becomes a fight. And are you calling me a kid? Cus I'm not.

Last edited by HolyDuFF; 07-05-2014 at 17:25.
JoB2C
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-06-2014 , 10:00   Re: Protecting Plugins Plugin?
Reply With Quote #12

Are you really hosting on Windows?

Please justify this first
HSFighter
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2014 , 16:31   Re: Protecting Plugins Plugin?
Reply With Quote #13

A small question by the way:

Why to protect name and author of a plugin?
Without the rcon-password it is not possible to list plugins!

Sorry for my very bad english
Greetings HSFighter

Last edited by HSFighter; 07-06-2014 at 16:41.
Send a message via ICQ to HSFighter
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2014 , 16:44   Re: Protecting Plugins Plugin?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFighter View Post
A small question by the way:

Why to protect name and author of a plugin?
Without the rcon-password it is not possible to list plugins!
Incorrect. You do not need any sort of admin access in order to type "sm plugins list" into your client console while on a server running Sourcemod, and actually get a response back.

Last edited by ddhoward; 07-06-2014 at 16:46.
HSFighter
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2014 , 16:54   Re: Protecting Plugins Plugin?
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
Incorrect. You do not need any sort of admin access in order to type "sm plugins list" into your client console while on a server running Sourcemod, and actually get a response back.
You're right.
Has until now never worked on my server.
Now i can list without rcon

p.s.

Simple Way:
PHP Code:
public Plugin:myinfo 
{

name "Protected",

author "by Protected",

description "Protected",

version "1.4.4",

url "http://sourcemod.com"

Sorry for my very bad english
Greetings HSFighter

Last edited by HSFighter; 07-06-2014 at 16:55.
Send a message via ICQ to HSFighter
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-07-2014 , 11:10   Re: Protecting Plugins Plugin?
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDuFF View Post
"Access denied fucker!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxvSyTsWrtk
But how did we do it? Forever mystery I guess haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
More than likely they compile their own version of SM.
You'd almost think someone already answered that.
Old 07-07-2014 , 16:35   Re: Protecting Plugins Plugin?
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoB2C View Post
Are you really hosting on Windows?

Please justify this first
Cus I have barely used Linux at all. So I knew nothing about it kind of. But I've used Windows my whole life so and I never saw a reason to start all over by switching to Linux. Windows worked just fine. Also [SG] Paul told me that some maps crashes on Linux servers. Some of them where some of his great maps. That's also one of the reasons why their servers are running on Windows. (SteamGamers) And that didn't really convince me to switch to Linux cus most of his maps were running on my MG server.

Last edited by HolyDuFF; 07-07-2014 at 16:39.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-08-2014 , 18:29   Re: Protecting Plugins Plugin?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
But how did we do it? Forever mystery I guess haha
It's not a mystery. Just edit the .SP file of all the plugins you use and do this:

PHP Code:
public Plugin:myinfo 
{

name "Protected",

author "Protected",

description "Protected",

version "Protected",

url "Protected"
}; 
Of course, some plugins will have things like PLUGIN_VERSION defined for a version convar, so you'd obviously have to strip all the version convar code, remove the PLUGIN_VERSION define and manually enter the version # into the "version" field of Plugin:myinfo. You'll often also see PLUGIN_AUTHOR defined.

Some people like defining things like PLUGIN_AUTHOR because it allows them to not only list their name as the plugin author, but also pull that name for use in chat advertisement messages and whatnot. A simple CTRL+F for PLUGIN_AUTHOR or PLUGIN_VERSION will find everywhere the define is called, allowing for easy removal of that specific code.

Or you could just be a goof and replace the version number with this:

PHP Code:
version SOURCEMOD_VERSION 
And the plugin version will take on the version number of whatever SourceMod snapshot you're using.

Of course, there are other ways of figuring out what plugins HolyDuff uses and I won't go into them here (needless to say they DO NOT involve hacking of any sort). Only a slapnuts hides the plugins their server(s) use(s).

Also, I lol'd at running several servers off a computer in your room. Hopefully you have unlimited bandwidth internet (as I do, from a company here in Canada called Netfox).

EDIT: As for hiding "sm plugins list", you can probably set up a plugin that does a command callback or whatever it's called, and when someone tries "sm plugins list" you can hide the original message that's being sent (of all the plugins) and instead send something like "[REDACTED]". Of course, again, only a slapnuts would do that shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDuFF
(Server cloning/stealing)
What the heck. Who cares if someone else makes a similar server to yours? Excuse me while I join your server and quickly figure out what plugins you use so I can start my own server up just like yours.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 07-08-2014 at 18:50.
HolyDuFF
Old 07-08-2014 , 19:42   Re: Protecting Plugins Plugin?
Reply With Quote #19

Yes you can do it like that but it's still a mystery because no one can prove how I did it. Or at least no one has so far and idk how anyone would because they don't have the server files. What is so funny about buying your own server to host in your own room instead of paying hundreds of dollars for online services each month? If any, I would lol at those who pay for online services when they could do it cheaper buy buying their own server. Yes I've unlimited bandwidth. Who doesn't except for those who use 3G/4G? I care and most people in Sweden because many ppl liked this so no one could copy my server anymore in the way they did it so they wouldn't steal population from my server. Also some Swedish server owners asked me how I did it because they wanted it for their servers as well for the exact same reason that I used it for. But I never told them how haha. So ppl began to copy other Swedish servers instead that was much worse than mine. So my plan worked perfectly
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 07-08-2014 , 23:13   Re: Protecting Plugins Plugin?
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Yes you can do it like that but it's still a mystery because no one can prove how I did it. Or at least no one has so far and idk how anyone would because they don't have the server files. What is so funny about buying your own server to host in your own room instead of paying hundreds of dollars for online services each month? If any, I would lol at those who pay for online services when they could do it cheaper buy buying their own server. Yes I've unlimited bandwidth. Who doesn't except for those who use 3G/4G? I care and most people in Sweden because many ppl liked this so no one could copy my server anymore in the way they did it so they wouldn't steal population from my server. Also some Swedish server owners asked me how I did it because they wanted it for their servers as well for the exact same reason that I used it for. But I never told them how haha. So ppl began to copy other Swedish servers instead that was much worse than mine. So my plan worked perfectly
tl;dr

We've proven how you've done it. You've recompiled every plugin and done a simple copy & paste of a modified Plugin:myinfo field.