Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.

Post New Thread Reply   

sheo
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-28-2014 , 15:21   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #11

Thats surprising, are you sure that other clients DO know my IP address? They don`t need it, that is what game servers exist for - manage players activity without communicating with each other

Last edited by sheo; 06-28-2014 at 15:24. Reason: oh god, my grammar
Chesterfield
Old 06-28-2014 , 16:25   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #12

So you are saying that he needs to join the server yes or yes to check everyones ip? he can't do it outside?
xf117
Old 06-28-2014 , 17:00   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #13

He can't do it outside, unless he also has rcon access to your server.
Send a message via ICQ to xf117
Chesterfield
Old 06-28-2014 , 17:56   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #14

Something which he isn't have, i'm sure, all i'm thinking now is simply add his country to the block list of my server (with Country filter) if he uses a Proxy he'll automatically have high ping, he may still be abble to join with 60 or 70 ping, that's where i modifiy the High Ping Kicker to automatically kick people with 40+ ping.

I think that's the best solution i can find, a paranoic solution but that's all i can do, i guess to get the ips from everyone he needs a little time? or he can just simply do it in a second? plus, when he gets the IP does he get the nickname of the person also? i mean, for example Chesterfield - IP: ....., or he doesn't get all that information?

Last edited by Chesterfield; 06-28-2014 at 17:58.
xf117
Old 06-28-2014 , 18:35   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #15

If he has access to your server, than yes.
But, in case of indirect way, most likely, he can't tell which ip address belongs to whom.
Send a message via ICQ to xf117
Chesterfield
Old 06-29-2014 , 10:40   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #16

Thanks for all your replys guys, it's really helpfull, i've added this command to my server cfg host_players_show "0" so the server appears as "offline" from find server and also from webpages like GameTracker, now i see that this command doesn't seems to work with HLSW you are still abble to see everyones playing, it may be possible to make a plugin or something to block the view from HLSW?

Thanks in advance.
sheo
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-29-2014 , 10:55   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #17

As for L4D2, "setmaster disable" prevents your server from replying to info queries. I don`t know about CS:GO
Old 06-29-2014 , 13:46   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
Thanks for all your replys guys, it's really helpfull, i've added this command to my server cfg host_players_show "0" so the server appears as "offline" from find server and also from webpages like GameTracker, now i see that this command doesn't seems to work with HLSW you are still abble to see everyones playing, it may be possible to make a plugin or something to block the view from HLSW?

Thanks in advance.
host_info_show 0
Old 06-29-2014 , 18:00   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczek View Post
host_info_show 0
Hello, i've added that command in my server.cfg but it won't let my server go ON, it's offline, any idea why? or where should i put it? thanks in advance.

Also, i've seen this

"- Server operators can now list game rules cvars in gamerulescvars.txt file, those cvars when marked as FCVAR_NOTIFY will be included in A2S_RULES response packet to server management software and 3rd party clients. The total size of A2S_RULES response packet must be within approximately 1Kb (MTU). File gamerulescvars.txt.example is provided.
- When a server is running with the -nomaster parameter, it will not register on GMS and will not respond to direct queries."

I couldn't understand what this mean, could someone explain me it? thanks!
delirium_trigger
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-06-2014 , 04:57   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #20

I'm pretty sure its just some kid using a cracked version of the game (some cracked versions give dynamic Steam IDs since it is not linked to any account - that change just like a dynamic IP address) and is most likely not using proxies.

As stated, the person needs to join the server to obtain everyone's IP address (assuming he doesn't have admin access. If he did have access the first thing a hacker would do is slay / kick / change cvars / ban people) Since he hasn't started banning or messing with server settings people, he is just trying to scare you into thinking he does.

Use process of elimination:
Every time he comes in, find his IP address and log it or save it so you can reference it later. Ban him by IP address (not by Steam ID or else he can come back in)

Then if that does not work and he comes in again, find out the new IP address and save it.

Do this every time he comes in. Once you have 2-3 IP addresses that you know are his trace them. If they are all from different countries (highly unlikely) then ban by region. If they are all from the same country, same region, and ISP, you can rest assure that he is an idiot and you have discovered he is using the same network to harass you and your server.

From this point you can then send an email to his ISP stating that their customer has been involved in malicious cyber activity and they can then investigate and punish from then on.

Last edited by delirium_trigger; 07-06-2014 at 04:58.