Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Assigns a random skin from a file to each player, either completely random or per team random.
    Old 05-20-2014 , 18:30   [ANY] Random Player Skins [CPS]
    Reply With Quote #1

Random Player Skins
    Uses the Custom Player Skins core to assign random skins, this is mainly for Fistful of Frags and CS:GO but I haven't tested this in any other games.
    This plugin WILL NOT force download custom models.

Mere warning for those who ask if this will work in tf2, the answer is no, nor am i going to make a version that works for tf2.

Installation
    Install Custom Player Skins Core
    You may get unexpected results due to bone merging, only certain models have the same bone structure as one another. Fistful of Frags has the same bone structure as all human/combine/zombie npcs, making this perfect for the game.
    Drag and drop the randomplayermodels.cfg into the sourcemod/configs folder.
    Edit the config file to your liking. (right now it is customized with models of hl2 characters.
    Drag and drop the compiled plugin (RandomPlayerModels.smx) into the sourcemod/plugins folder.

Config Examples
    Fistful of Frags
    Spoiler

CS: Global Offensive
    Spoiler

Known Issues
    If you were to forget to put the config file in the configs folder, or for some reason is not setup to what the server expects there to be atleast one skin inputted. This is not a very user friendly plugin.

Planned Features
    • Little less guessing, more checking.
    • If a skin is not found then it should probably not try and set one...

Downloads
    Plugin
    Config
    Source
    Include

GitHub Link

PLEASE READ!
    This is Pre-Alpha, as in i just made this all in one day, and have yet to test it. I have no idea if it will work, i will test this later on this week.

I DO NOT EXPECT THIS OR THE MODULE TO WORK RIGHT NOW, BUT TESTERS ARE WELCOME

Last edited by Mitchell; 06-16-2015 at 17:03.
    Weasel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 06-21-2014 , 17:45   Re: [ANY] Random Player Skins [CPS]
    Reply With Quote #2

OMG! I have been looking for something like this - specifically for Fistful-of-Frags (FoF). Not going to mess with my "normal" servers, but I was thinking of putting-up another server with lots of wierd mods on it. Regarding what type of models will work for it, I already have bunch of custom models on my TF2 servers and also different set of custom models for my CS:S server. Will either of those rigging's work? or is it just HL2 models?
    Weasel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 09-06-2014 , 17:44   Re: [ANY] Random Player Skins [CPS]
    Reply With Quote #3

I think your links for the config file and the include file are busted?
    The link for the config file downloads another copy of the source .sp file.
    The link for the include file yields "file missing from server" or some such.
    I noticed copies of the files on the GitHub, but when I try to use those , SRCDS is throwing some error about "unrecognized file format"?
    Weasel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 09-06-2014 , 19:18   Re: [ANY] Random Player Skins [CPS]
    Reply With Quote #4

Update: Got it installed and "working" (meaning not throwing errors) on a test server. However, the visual effect is probably not what you are intending. What it looks like is a secondary player-model sort-of overlapping the same space as the player (or bot's) default player-model - with the custom one sort-of being dragged-along with it.

Last edited by Weasel; 09-06-2014 at 19:25. Reason: Changes in the relative positions of the Sun, the Moon and the stars.
    Mitchell
    ~lick~
    Old 10-30-2014 , 23:20   Re: [ANY] Random Player Skins [CPS]
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Update: Got it installed and "working" (meaning not throwing errors) on a test server. However, the visual effect is probably not what you are intending. What it looks like is a secondary player-model sort-of overlapping the same space as the player (or bot's) default player-model - with the custom one sort-of being dragged-along with it.
    Curious, because I wasn't able to get these errors though. What this plugin is doing is bonemerging a new model ontop of the old model, and making the player ideally invisible.
    APACHE
    Old 01-24-2015 , 11:09   Re: [ANY] Random Player Skins [CPS]
    Reply With Quote #6

i like the idea of this plugin: when a player comes on the server they get a randon skin. Has anyone tested this with dod:S?
    Old 01-24-2015 , 13:43   Re: [ANY] Random Player Skins [CPS]
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by APACHE View Post
    i like the idea of this plugin: when a player comes on the server they get a randon skin. Has anyone tested this with dod:S?
    I'm not sure, i dont have a testing environment for dod:s.
    This was only used in cs:go and fof because fof had the same bone structure as the hl2 characters, so i could just parent a hl2 character to a fof character. and CS:GO players had the same bone structures as hostages, so i used those as skins for terrorists, etc.
    Lannister
    Veteran Member
    Old 06-16-2015 , 16:41   Re: [ANY] Random Player Skins [CPS]
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    I'm not sure, i dont have a testing environment for dod:s.
    This was only used in cs:go and fof because fof had the same bone structure as the hl2 characters, so i could just parent a hl2 character to a fof character. and CS:GO players had the same bone structures as hostages, so i used those as skins for terrorists, etc.
    Mitchen, could you put an example here of how it should be for CS:GO? because this plugin is exactly what i'm looking for but i couldn't understand the config file.
    Mitchell
    ~lick~
    Old 06-16-2015 , 17:04   Re: [ANY] Random Player Skins [CPS]
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
    Mitchen, could you put an example here of how it should be for CS:GO? because this plugin is exactly what i'm looking for but i couldn't understand the config file.
    Try this:
    Spoiler
    Lannister
    Veteran Member
    Old 06-16-2015 , 17:46   Re: [ANY] Random Player Skins [CPS]
    Reply With Quote #10

Thanks for your fast reply Mitchel, i installed everything correctly but i have this issue, player models are like mixed with many other skins, here's a pic.

[IMG]http://s22.************/7oewilcr5/Captura.jpg[/IMG]

But when i kill myself, and i spectate them, i see them normal, i've asked others and they said the same.

Thanks!