Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)

Post New Thread Reply   

ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2014 , 21:28   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.3, 2014-04-22)
Reply With Quote #221

Sorry for repeating myself (my post was the lat one in the last page) , but is there any easy way to add damage to the scout when he runs? (Only after the round started and pyros can move).
KiRRA
Old 05-07-2014 , 22:31   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.3, 2014-04-22)
Reply With Quote #222

@Powerlord:

I have a quick question/concern of sorts that I just noticed while spectating our server running PHR. I noticed that in first person view, some of the viewmodels that are showing for props are actually pyros. Is there something I missed that changed what class the props were technically spawned as? Or are the viewmodels just incorrect? I do believe they are still scouts, as at the end of the round I think they get scout weapons still...but the viewmodels seem to always show a pyro with the fireaxe equipped.

I JUST noticed this little graphical glitch the other day so not sure if it's just my computer showing a false representation of the player but I will ask others who play to confirm that they are seeing this too or not.
FuG's TF2 PropHunt/Dodgeball Server - 209.144.30.29:27015
unlucky ducky
Old 05-08-2014 , 12:49   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.3, 2014-04-22)
Reply With Quote #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRRA View Post
I have a quick question/concern of sorts that I just noticed while spectating our server running PHR. I noticed that in first person view, some of the viewmodels that are showing for props are actually pyros. Is there something I missed that changed what class the props were technically spawned as? Or are the viewmodels just incorrect? I do believe they are still scouts, as at the end of the round I think they get scout weapons still...but the viewmodels seem to always show a pyro with the fireaxe equipped.
From what I can tell the viewmodel is just a visual glitch that doesn't actually represent the actual class the prop spawned as. The props are all still scouts and when there's just one prop alive it always gets scout weapons.

Someone I talked to a while ago suspected it might have to do with the method used to strip weapons from players on the prop team.

Last edited by unlucky ducky; 05-08-2014 at 12:51.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-08-2014 , 13:03   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.3, 2014-04-22)
Reply With Quote #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
Sorry for repeating myself (my post was the lat one in the last page) , but is there any easy way to add damage to the scout when he runs? (Only after the round started and pyros can move).
It's possible, I'm just not sure I want to add it to the main version of PHR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky ducky View Post
From what I can tell the viewmodel is just a visual glitch that doesn't actually represent the actual class the prop spawned as. The props are all still scouts and when there's just one prop alive it always gets scout weapons.

Someone I talked to a while ago suspected it might have to do with the method used to strip weapons from players on the prop team.
It could be due to how props are stripped... odd how I haven't run into this viewmodel bug myself, though.

Does switching to third person and back fix it?

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-08-2014 at 13:05.
KiRRA
Old 05-08-2014 , 13:08   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.3, 2014-04-22)
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
It's possible, I'm just not sure I want to add it to the main version of PHR.

It could be due to how props are stripped... odd how I haven't run into this viewmodel bug myself, though.

Does switching to third person and back fix it?
Unfortunately not, I've switched between first person and back to third person multiple times with no luck. And when I am spectating players I've switched between the views and even changed my spec targets but with no luck. It's not game breaking in the least so it hasn't really BOTHERED anyone, just confusing at first. No biggie....
FuG's TF2 PropHunt/Dodgeball Server - 209.144.30.29:27015

Last edited by KiRRA; 05-08-2014 at 13:09.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-09-2014 , 22:58   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.3, 2014-04-22)
Reply With Quote #226

So, I think the next version of PropHunt is ready for testing. I'm not aware of any bugs in the new features, but it never hurts to have other people take a look at it before I post it as a full new version.

PropHunt Redux 3.2 changes are currently being done in a separate Github branch.

Without further ado, here's the changelist.

Version 3.2.0 beta 1:
  • The main PropHunt stats page now uses the !phstats command instead of just the unobvious !help.
  • Prop Hunt Redux now supports morecolors and all colors in the plugin were moved to the translation file. All colors in the translation file were converted to their colors/morecolors equivalents. morecolors.inc is now a mandatory requirement to compile PropHunt.
  • New cvar: ph_setuplength. How many seconds long should setup time be? Default is 30, valid values are 30-120. Note to mapmakers, your map config's map time should include 30 seconds for setup time... this is for compatibility reasons with older PropHunt versions which didn't have a separate setup time.
  • Prop Hunt Redux now checks if a model exists before letting you manually change to it via "propmenu modelname" and tosses an error if it doesn't. Requires new translation file.
  • Prop Menu Restrict is now off by default due to the above fix. Note: it doesn't update your existing config file so you have to edit your prophunt_redux.cfg to disable it if you created a new config file since 3.1.2.
  • Bugfix: Props are given their weapons for 0.1 seconds before they are stripped at the start of a round. This is to prevent RED players from being given the wrong viewmodel for first-person view. This is ONLY done at round start to prevent issues with visible weapons (note: RED cosmetics are always stripped.)
  • Fixed some issues with the TF2Attributes optional dependency. It should no longer throw errors when you change ph_preventfalldamage or ph_airblast.
  • The Flamethrower self-damage logic now checks if a prop is alive during last prop mode. This should fix some rare issues where it was tossing errors.
  • The pregame timer no longer causes the announcer to say "Mission Ends in 10 seconds" and doesn't start announcing the count until 5 seconds before setup begins. Unfortunately, the siren at the end of this timer can't be fixed as it's hard-coded in the client code.
Things that aren't fixed:

If you're team scrambled to RED by GScramble, you end up not having a prop model until Setup begins. This should be caught by the player_spawn handler and isn't... I'll have to look at it more in-depth.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 75 views - 108.7 KB)
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (51.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: txt prophunt.phrases.txt (3.7 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-09-2014 at 23:05.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2014 , 20:10   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.3, 2014-04-22)
Reply With Quote #227

Hey Power, has anyone reported seeing red and blue spawn together? not on the beta above but from using files on OP

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 05-21-2014 at 20:14.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-21-2014 , 22:02   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.3, 2014-04-22)
Reply With Quote #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
Hey Power, has anyone reported seeing red and blue spawn together? not on the beta above but from using files on OP
In 3.1.3? Not that I'm aware of. I think 3.1.2 and earlier had some reported issues with that, though.

Edit: It was because of a possible race condition between SourceMod and the game server itself.

Honestly, I've been trying to find a better way for the server to switch team by manipulating the CTeamplayRoundBasedRules's bSwitchTeams, but we can't seem to do that directly from SourcePawn because we only have access to the proxy entity instead of the actual C++ side object. The proxy doesn't have any of the logic for team switching.

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-22-2014 at 16:27.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-22-2014 , 17:36   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.3, 2014-04-22)
Reply With Quote #229

I'm going to test out some experimental changes to how teams are switched at round change using the DHooks extension... here's hoping it works.

(Basically, I'm overriding SetWinningTeam's bSwitchTeams to always be true.)

Right now, these changes live in the 3.2.0-dhooks branch in my repository and use a new gamedata file.

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-22-2014 at 17:38.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-22-2014 , 22:13   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.3, 2014-04-22)
Reply With Quote #230

OK, so that worked pretty much on the first try, but I added a bunch of code to make it actually work with multimod stuff and to add some logging data.

Anyway, here's PropHunt Redux 3.2.0 beta 2. This version adds a new Optional Dependency on DHooks. If DHooks is present, it will be used to override the team switch behavior instead of relying on the (unreliable) timer method. Otherwise, if DHooks isn't loaded or it couldn't find the gamedata or hook it properly, it will fall back to the timer method that prior versions use.

There is also a new define in PropHunt itself...
#define DHOOKS

There's not much point to undefining this except if you're running DHooks and the SetWinningTeam offset (in CTeamplayRoundBasedGameRules) has changed, but no one has found the new one yet.

Note: tf2-roundend.games.txt goes in the gamedata folder.

Note 2: DHooks has a known issue where it will crash the game server on unload.

Edit: Use attachments in my next post as I fixed a bug since these were posted.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tf2-roundend.games.txt (134 Bytes, 68 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-23-2014 at 17:30.