Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

cssBOT
Old 04-11-2014 , 23:42   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4021

Bug (umc-rockthevote v3.4.5): Disabling umc-rockthevote with sm_umc_rtv_enabled doesn't fully stop RTV processing.

Running this with SM-GunGame. GG has a feature to trigger disabling RTV at certain level. If you use the cvar sm_umc_rtv_enabled 0 to stop RTV's it blocks any future RTV's but any RTV in progress is still active after the cvar change. Specifically found that despite the default setting sm_umc_rtv_duration "20" (Specifies how long a vote should be available for.) and sm_umc_rtv_enabled set 0 (disabled), that if enough players disconnect so that the number of vote threshold is reached it processes an RTV map change. The 20 second rtv duration and rtv enable setting are ineffectual.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2014 , 14:36   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4022

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssBOT View Post
Bug (umc-rockthevote v3.4.5): Disabling umc-rockthevote with sm_umc_rtv_enabled doesn't fully stop RTV processing.

Running this with SM-GunGame. GG has a feature to trigger disabling RTV at certain level. If you use the cvar sm_umc_rtv_enabled 0 to stop RTV's it blocks any future RTV's but any RTV in progress is still active after the cvar change. Specifically found that despite the default setting sm_umc_rtv_duration "20" (Specifies how long a vote should be available for.) and sm_umc_rtv_enabled set 0 (disabled), that if enough players disconnect so that the number of vote threshold is reached it processes an RTV map change. The 20 second rtv duration and rtv enable setting are ineffectual.
It looks like UMC is built to ignore changes to sm_umc_rtv_enabled until the next map. From umc-rockthevote.sp:

PHP Code:
cvar_rtv_enable CreateConVar(

"sm_umc_rtv_enabled",

"1",

"Enables RTV.",

0true0.0true1.0

); 
PHP Code:
HookConVarChange(cvar_rtv_enableHandle_RTVChange); 
Code:
//Called when the cvar to enable RTVs has been changed.
public Handle_RTVChange(Handle:convar, const String:oldVal[], const String:newVal[])
{
    //If the new value is 0, we ignore the change until next map.

//Update (in this case set) the RTV threshold if...
    //    ...the new value of the changed cvar is 1.
    if (StringToInt(newVal) == 1)
        UpdateRTVThreshold();
}
Edit: Looks like you could insert a check of the cvar here and return if disabled:
PHP Code:
//************************************************************************************************//
//                                            COMMANDS                                            //
//************************************************************************************************//

//sm_rtv or sm_rockthevote
public Action:Command_RTV(clientargs)
{

AttemptRTV(client);
    return 
Plugin_Handled;

Edit 2: Actually, you'd want to do it in AttemptRTV, but it looks like it already is:
PHP Code:
//                                          ROCK THE VOTE                                         //

//Tries to enter the given client into RTV.
AttemptRTV(client)
{

//Get the number of clients who have RTV'd.

new size GetArraySize(rtv_clients);

if (!
rtv_enabled || !GetConVarBool(cvar_rtv_enable) || size >= rtv_threshold || client == 0)
        return; 
Are you sure it's not the regular SM RTV activating?

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera

Last edited by Bittersweet; 04-12-2014 at 14:45. Reason: Addition/Correction
cssBOT
Old 04-14-2014 , 04:53   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Are you sure it's not the regular SM RTV activating?
Yes I'm sure it's not. SM RTV is not running.

I Haven't tried to figure out how the plugin works but what it needs to do is when sm_umc_rtv_enabled is set 0, any current RTV's are cleared.

Last edited by cssBOT; 04-17-2014 at 01:03. Reason: fix wording.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 04-14-2014 , 10:09   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4024

Quote:
Yes I'm sure it's not. SM RTV is not running.

Haven't tried to figure out how it works but what it needs is when sm_umc_rtv_enabled is set 0, it clears and current RTV's.
Yeah, my bad. rtv_enabled isn't set to false except OnConfigsExecuted and when the mapcycle is reloaded. It seems like it was designed this way, looking at the (previous) comment in Handle_RTVChange. This should work to disable RTV as soon as the cvar is changed:
PHP Code:
//Called when the cvar to enable RTVs has been changed.
public Handle_RTVChange(Handle:convar, const String:oldVal[], const String:newVal[])
{

//If the new value is 0, we immediately disable

if (StringToInt(newVal) == 0

rtv_enabled false;

//Update (in this case set) the RTV threshold if...
    //    ...the new value of the changed cvar is 1.

if (StringToInt(newVal) == 1)

UpdateRTVThreshold();

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
cssBOT
Old 04-17-2014 , 01:02   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Yeah, my bad. rtv_enabled isn't set to false except OnConfigsExecuted and when the mapcycle is reloaded. It seems like it was designed this way, looking at the (previous) comment in Handle_RTVChange. This should work to disable RTV as soon as the cvar is changed:
I already worked around it by just having gg unload the plugin instead of disabling via the cvar.

You should really contact Steell and ask him to allow you assist in developing UMC. I hate to start patching here there too much because it gets painful to track from official releases.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2014 , 01:16   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4026

Quote:
I already worked around it by just having gg unload the plugin instead of disabling via the cvar.

You should really contact Steell and ask him to allow you assist in developing UMC. I hate to start patching here there too much because it gets painful to track from official releases.
There is a repository, as listed in the OP: https://github.com/Steell/Ultimate-Mapchooser

There hasn't been an "official" release of UMC since 3.4.5. I'm not familiar enough with the source, and have too many other things on my plate to take on that task at this point, but you are welcome to make pull requests. I just provide support in these forums when I can.

My plugins:
utaker
Old 04-17-2014 , 08:57   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4027

is it any better than "mapchooser extended"
musosoft
Old 05-05-2014 , 13:14   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4028

EDIT: Discovered a way, how to do what I wanted. Only thing I didn't fixed is, that UMC changes map sooner, as CS:GO drops at mapend appear... Does anyone know workaround to this?

Last edited by musosoft; 05-05-2014 at 16:46.
St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2014 , 19:21   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4029

Quote:
Originally Posted by musosoft View Post
EDIT: Discovered a way, how to do what I wanted. Only thing I didn't fixed is, that UMC changes map sooner, as CS:GO drops at mapend appear... Does anyone know workaround to this?
Hi,

You might want to ask this to Powerlord, IF he has time, AND IF he found a solution to this, when making his mapchooser extended compatible for CS:GO.

++

-My plugins-

Last edited by St00ne; 05-05-2014 at 19:23.
Wilczek
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-07-2014 , 17:56   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4030

Is it possible to start a runoff-vote at the beggening of a new round instead 5 sec delay? I tried to dive into UMC sourcecode, but it looks like black magic to me :/