Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[l4d2] Ready Up v3.3.2 [06/24/2014] [Major Update]

Post New Thread Reply   

Dscheng
Old 01-31-2014 , 04:57   Re: [l4d2] Ready Up v3.2.2 [28/01/2014]
Reply With Quote #81

Btw what is the diff between rum zip n readup.zip, which one should I download??
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-01-2014 , 01:35   Re: [l4d2] Ready Up v3.2.2 [28/01/2014]
Reply With Quote #82

The difference is the version number indicated by the name of the archive. RUM simply stands for Ready Up Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
I having error on readyup. It show wrong format of versus.cfg, anyone can help??
A.) Please make sure you download and use the coop.cfg located in the RUM_v3.2.2 archive; you can simply change the coop.cfg to versus.cfg and it should work as intended.
Make sure the config file is in your sourcemod/configs/readyup/ folder, as well.

If Formatting is the issue, it's likely that you edited the config and made changes, and forgot to put all variables and their values within quotes.
You should double check, and if all else fails simply do the part in A.) and try again.

Last edited by Skyy; 02-01-2014 at 01:39.
Dscheng
Old 02-01-2014 , 22:43   Re: [l4d2] Ready Up v3.2.2 [28/01/2014]
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
The difference is the version number indicated by the name of the archive. RUM simply stands for Ready Up Mod.

A.) Please make sure you download and use the coop.cfg located in the RUM_v3.2.2 archive; you can simply change the coop.cfg to versus.cfg and it should work as intended.
Make sure the config file is in your sourcemod/configs/readyup/ folder, as well.

If Formatting is the issue, it's likely that you edited the config and made changes, and forgot to put all variables and their values within quotes.
You should double check, and if all else fails simply do the part in A.) and try again.
Ya tks. I figure it out by using the coop.cfg to versus.cfg. But there is a small problem, when I put freeze player, it doesn't freeze player saferoom?? Any idea what went wrong?

"freeze players?" "1" // Do we freeze all players during the warmup period?

Last edited by Dscheng; 02-01-2014 at 22:46.
Dscheng
Old 02-01-2014 , 22:53   Re: [l4d2] Ready Up v3.2.2 [28/01/2014]
Reply With Quote #84

Sorry some question. Please help to assist me.

1) "coop finale rounds" "3" // How many rounds are played on coop finales? This is the number of times a finale can be attempted. <-- I don't understand this? Meaning, if team player finale more than 3 time lost, it will auto change map?

2) "header?" "Header" // This is the header that shows up at the start of many phrases.
Meaning every message by this plugins will display [header] ? If change from [Header] to [Admin], it will display [admin] ?

3) "freeze players?" "1" // Do we freeze all players during the warmup period?
Seem like it doesn't works on me, it don't freeze the player at all.
irogue
Old 02-09-2014 , 05:34   Re: [l4d2] Ready Up v3.2.2 [28/01/2014]
Reply With Quote #85

Hey sky, great work and ty for making it all public.

I would like to use (for now) only the readyup plugin, and compile it myself but upon downloading the RUM20v3.2.2.zip from the OP and i try to compile the readyup.sp .sp i am met with "fatal error 120: cannot read from file: "parser.sp"" error, i then added the parser.sp and compiled it with spcomp.exe to my scripts folder and it compiles but i tested it with compile.exe and i received the following error
Code:
//SourceMod Batch Compiler
// by the SourceMod Dev Team

//// readyup.sp
// E:\Downloads\2014_FEB_09_HYPERNIA\addons\sourcemod\scripting\readyup.sp(93) :
 warning 203: symbol is never used: "b_IsSurvivalConfig"
// E:\Downloads\2014_FEB_09_HYPERNIA\addons\sourcemod\scripting\readyup.sp(56) :
 warning 203: symbol is never used: "g_ProcessConfig"
// Header size:           6276 bytes
// Code size:            42820 bytes
// Data size:             7240 bytes
// Stack/heap size:      16384 bytes; Total requirements:   72720 bytes
//
// 2 Warnings.
//
// Compilation Time: 0.3 sec
// ----------------------------------------

Press enter to exit ...
but it did compile, just with the above error when using compile.exe, is there something i am missing (i noticed the include folder has readyup.inc and warp.inc) but i am guessing they are only for developers? since the readyup.sp file does not say it requires them in the #include section or am i wrong about this and i need either the warp.inc and readup.inc or both in the include folder?

All i want is to use the readyup plugin and compile it myself for now and i have hit those roadblocks or i am missing some file'(s) as so far i only have the following 3 in there required locations -

readyup.phrases.txt (i copied into translations folder)
parser.sp (i copied into addons\sourcemod\scripting folder)
readyup.sp (i copied into addons\sourcemod\scripting folder)

thanks

EDIT: I forgot to mention i am using windows dedicated server and mmsource-1.10.1-hg875-windows & sourcemod-1.5.3-hg3955-windows, also i have the config files in the correct location but since im only using the readyup plugin i assume i only need the coop.cfg and rename it to versus.cfg?

Last edited by irogue; 02-09-2014 at 05:52. Reason: See EDIT:
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2014 , 21:53   Re: [l4d2] Ready Up v3.2.2 [28/01/2014]
Reply With Quote #86

Hi, I'm unsure of what you're trying to edit in the source that requires you to compile the plugin yourself, as binaries of both the core and all of the modules I've written are included in the archive, but none of the warnings in the compiler window are errors. The compiler is simply notifying that there are declared variables that are currently not in use. However, for reasons related to headaches, I don't assist users in compiling edited versions of my plugins. Ready Up is modular by design, so any changes you're looking to make, you can do by simply writing a module to accompany it.

Last edited by Skyy; 02-09-2014 at 21:56.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2014 , 01:45   Re: [l4d2] Ready Up v3.2.2 [28/01/2014]
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Hi, I'm unsure of what you're trying to edit in the source that requires you to compile the plugin yourself, as binaries of both the core and all of the modules I've written are included in the archive, but none of the warnings in the compiler window are errors. The compiler is simply notifying that there are declared variables that are currently not in use. However, for reasons related to headaches, I don't assist users in compiling edited versions of my plugins. Ready Up is modular by design, so any changes you're looking to make, you can do by simply writing a module to accompany it.
There is no valid reason why an open source piece of software should not compile easily.
Binaries should not have to be used, IMO, they should not even be provided.
Plugin authors should release human readable code.
This code should compile, and be free of compiler errors/warnings...

Really, use the preproccessor.
irogue
Old 02-10-2014 , 03:03   Re: [l4d2] Ready Up v3.2.2 [28/01/2014]
Reply With Quote #88

Quote:
I am not editing it in any manner and didnt say that i was, i am simply just wanting to compile it (the readyup.sp only) as i dont want any of the other plugins for my server myself, as I find it is better compiling myself rather than using a pre commpiled plugin is all for a few reasons.

As for the warnings, thx for the heads up i wasnt certain so i thought it best to ask.

The main issue is all i wanted was to use the readyup plugin and compile it myself, and in trying to do so i found the warnings i mentioned and the readyup.sp wouldn't compile without the parser.sp in the scripting folder, and since it wasnt mentioned about requiring the parser.sp in the OP or subsequent pages i was assuming i was doing something wrong until i used the compile.exe instead of spcomp.exe i realised what it was i needed due to the "fatal error 120: cannot read from file: "parser.sp"" (parser.sp) when compiling it with compile.exe.

I think the OP should note that in order to compile readyup.sp they need to have the parser.sp in the same folder when compiling it is all, otherwise they may end up being confused and or not have it compile and then ask in here why it didn't.

Anyways again thx for the plugin, great job.

Last edited by irogue; 02-10-2014 at 03:12.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-11-2014 , 23:20   Re: [l4d2] Ready Up v3.2.2 [28/01/2014]
Reply With Quote #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
There is no valid reason why an open source piece of software should not compile easily.
Binaries should not have to be used, IMO, they should not even be provided.
Plugin authors should release human readable code.
This code should compile, and be free of compiler errors/warnings...

Really, use the preproccessor.
a.) The archive is set up in such a format where all directories are created and properly populated, minus the base sourcemod directories, as it's up to the user to have the latest versions of those files. You simply need to extract the files and compile. If a user extracts the archive as-is and then moves the appropriate sourcemod files into the /scripting/ and /scripting/include/ folders, it'll compile without issues. This means that it compiles extremely easily.
b.) Binaries are included because some users (note the user above) have trouble figuring out how to compile source, whether they decide to not extract a carefully constructed archive or can't read the requirements at the top of the code, as well as for convenience for the users who just don't want to compile. I've included archives in the past where there is no binary included, and it creates headaches. There are simply users who don't know the basics of how to compile code.
c.) The source code is both commented and very readable. I'll chalk this up to you not even looking at the source.
d.) The source compiles, assuming the user has extracted the files properly, hence their correct structure already set up in the archive. I'm not quite sure any way to make it any easier than how easy it already is. As for compiler warnings, the current version was released as an emergency fix to a critical issue that was reported, in the middle of an update I was working on. This means there are features that are half-developed, and as a result, warnings issued. Rarely do you find software that has 100% of its code used in every update.
e.) I appreciate in the future that you take the time to properly evaluate if your comments are in proper perspective to the related thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irogue View Post
I think the OP should note that in order to compile readyup.sp they need to have the parser.sp in the same folder when compiling it is all, otherwise they may end up being confused and or not have it compile and then ask in here why it didn't.
It's not necessary to list where the files should go, since I've done that by formatting the archive. All you need to do is extract the archive, and appropriately insert the sourcemod developer files.

Last edited by Skyy; 02-11-2014 at 23:36.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2014 , 00:44   Re: [l4d2] Ready Up v3.2.2 [28/01/2014]
Reply With Quote #90

Most approved plugins compile without any errors or warnings, be them even superfluous things such as unused variables... Depreciated functions... Etc, which have no "real" impact on functionality.

It's not required, but it's a problem for people to just pick up the plugin and want to compile it with little knowledge of it's inner workings.