Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

hi i am getting this error

Post New Thread Reply   

rulez_3
BANNED
Old 11-17-2013 , 16:19   hi i am getting this error
Reply With Quote #1

when some people join they get this error i dont k now why but some people dont get but my some friends are playing on diffrent servers they said your server has problem i dont know what problem
CookieCrumbler
Old 11-17-2013 , 17:23   Re: hi i am getting this error
Reply With Quote #2

The server has sv_consistency 1

Which means that the file in your game folder has to be the exact same as the one on the servers. That sprite I believe is a stock standard one, so the one in your game file directory needs to be the exact one that comes with the game. This is so you can't just make a sprite that does nothing when your flashbanged or smoke nades etc or to enforce that what you have in your game directory is the exact same file they have for any custom files they have allocated for there mod on there server.

They may of downloaded the file from entering another server with the same file or changed it to a custom one themself, then that file doesnt match the one on the server your trying to enter.

Last edited by CookieCrumbler; 11-17-2013 at 17:26.
rulez_3
BANNED
Old 11-17-2013 , 17:45   Re: hi i am getting this error
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrumbler View Post
The server has sv_consistency 1

Which means that the file in your game folder has to be the exact same as the one on the servers. That sprite I believe is a stock standard one, so the one in your game file directory needs to be the exact one that comes with the game. This is so you can't just make a sprite that does nothing when your flashbanged or smoke nades etc or to enforce that what you have in your game directory is the exact same file they have for any custom files they have allocated for there mod on there server.

They may of downloaded the file from entering another server with the same file or changed it to a custom one themself, then that file doesnt match the one on the server your trying to enter.
bro how can i fix it
will a sv_consistency 0 it will be fixed or not
CookieCrumbler
Old 11-17-2013 , 18:00   Re: hi i am getting this error
Reply With Quote #4

yes it should , try it and get back to me, and check that your not doubling them , like make sure you don't have the exact same ones somewhere further down your server.cfg file

sv_consistency 0
sv_pure 0
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_allow_dlfile 1

But with this you must heed this warning \/ . 0 is for if you dont really care 1 is for if you want to make sure people can't cheat in anyway by editing models or sprites and so forth. If you want the benifit of setting them on 1 sorry but you have to tell the clients trying to join that they must get the correct file as you don't tolerate cheating if that is the way you run your server.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Pure_Servers
A pure server is one that forces all clients on the server to use content that matches what is on the server. This, along with sv_consistency, prevents cheating by modifying game content, e.g. increasing the size of models or volume of footsteps, or making wall materials transparent.

Last edited by CookieCrumbler; 11-17-2013 at 18:07.
rulez_3
BANNED
Old 11-17-2013 , 18:04   Re: hi i am getting this error
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
yes it should , try it and get back to me.

sv_consistency 0
sv_pure 0
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_allow_dlfile 1

But wtith this you musy head this warning \/ . 0 is for if you dont really care 1 is for if you want to make sure people cant cheat in anyway by editing models or sprites and so forth. If you want the benifit of setting them on 1 soryy but you have to tell the clients trying to join they should get the correct file as you don't tolerate cheating if thats the way you run your server.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Pure_Servers
A pure server is one that forces all clients on the server to use content that matches what is on the server. This, along with sv_consistency, prevents cheating by modifying game content, e.g. increasing the size of models or volume of footsteps, or making wall materials transparent.
thanks bro
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 11-18-2013 , 09:51   Re: hi i am getting this error
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
sv_pure 0
CVAR does not exist in GoldSrc

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).