Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown

Post New Thread Reply   

dcx2
Old 09-29-2013 , 06:00   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #601

There's no real guide...I believe I used Visual C++ Express 2010 for the compiler, and TortoiseHG as the source control client for grabbing the latest source from the repositories. I also followed the instructions for compiling Sourcemod, but I don't know if you really need to do that if you just want to build the extension. http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Compiling_SourceMod

I think there are some environment variables you need in order for the l4dt2 project to compile.

For what it's worth, unless you want the experimental forwards I've been (slowly) working on, there's no reason not to use the Windows binary from the first post, as long as you grab the latest gamedata from the link (also in first post)
Old 09-29-2013 , 06:02   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #602

There is a make file for linux and a Microsoft Visual Studio project file for Windows. Find out how to use those
bo70x
Old 09-29-2013 , 12:50   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #603

I Download the Microsoft Visual C + + Express 2010, hlsdkl4d2, SourceMod sdk (1.5), metamod sdk (1,10). but I have no idea where to put them. when I try to compile I get these errors:

Code:
1>------ Operación Generar iniciada: proyecto: left4downtown, configuración: Release - Left 4 Dead 2 Win32 ------
1>  change_finale_stage.cpp
1>  end_versus_mode_round.cpp
1>  get_script_value_float.cpp
1>  get_script_value_string.cpp
1>D:\Adrian\Desktop\compilar\left4downtown\sdk\smsdk_ext.h(41): fatal error C1083: Can not open include file: 'IExtensionSys.h': No such file or directory
1>D:\Adrian\Desktop\compilar\left4downtown\sdk\smsdk_ext.h(41): fatal error C1083: Can not open include file: 'IExtensionSys.h': No such file or directory
1>  select_weighted_sequence.cpp
1>  send_in_rescue_vehicle.cpp
1>  start_melee_swing.cpp
1>  l4d2calls.cpp
1>  cthrow_activate_ability.cpp
1>d:\adrian\desktop\compilar\left4downtown\l4d2sdk\l4d2calls.h(35): fatal error C1083: Can not open include file: 'KeyValues.h': No such file or directory
1>  get_mission_versus_boss_spawning.cpp
1>  fast_get_survivor_set.cpp
1>  get_crouch_top_speed.cpp
1>  has_configurable_difficulty.cpp
1>  get_run_top_speed.cpp
1>  get_survivor_set.cpp
1>  get_walk_top_speed.cpp
1>  shoved_by_survivor.cpp
1>  spawn_mob.cpp
1>  spawn_it_mob.cpp
1>  extension.cpp
1>  meleeweaponnatives.cpp
1>  natives.cpp
1>  timernatives.cpp
1>  util.cpp
1>  l4d2timers.cpp
1>  vglobals.cpp
1>  smsdk_ext.cpp
1>  clear_team_scores.cpp
1>d:\adrian\desktop\compilar\left4downtown\l4d2sdk/CTerrorWeaponInfo.h(34): fatal error C1083: Can not open include file: 'weapon_parse.h': No such file or directory
1>  detour.cpp
1>  first_survivor_left_safe_area.cpp
1>  get_script_value_int.cpp
1>  mob_rush_start.cpp
1>d:\adrian\desktop\compilar\left4downtown\sdk\smsdk_ext.h(41): fatal error C1083: Can not open include file: 'IExtensionSys.h': No such file or directory
1>  set_campaign_scores.cpp
1>  spawn_tank.cpp
1>  spawn_witch.cpp
1>  spawn_special.cpp
1>  spawn_witchbride.cpp
1>  try_offering_tank_bot.cpp
1>  on_revived.cpp
1>  patchmanager.cpp
1>  weaponnatives.cpp
1>d:\adrian\desktop\compilar\left4downtown\codepatch\patchmanager.h(35): fatal error C1083: Can not open include file: 'sh_list.h': No such file or directory
1>  directornatives.cpp
========== Generar: 0 correctos, 1 incorrectos, 0 actualizados, 0 omitidos ==========
greetings
Send a message via MSN to bo70x
dcx2
Old 09-29-2013 , 13:19   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #604

Looks like you forgot to set the environment variables. That's the beauty of environment variables, you can put the source anywhere and the env var points to it.

You need an env var, named SOURCEMOD14, that points to the base of the Sourcemod folder. Yeah, I know you are using SM 1.5, but the L4DT2 project file expects the environment variable to be named SOURCEMOD14. You could call it SOURCEMOD15 if you want, you just need to change the project properties C++ additional include directories. I suggest just calling it SOURCEMOD14.

You also need HL2SDKL4D2 environment variable, pointing to that folder. Finally, you need MMSOURCE19, for Metamod; again, I know you're using MM 1.10, but just call it MMSOURCE19 anyway.

For example, my HL2SDKL4D2 is C:\temp\hl2sdk-l4d2
Old 09-30-2013 , 04:41   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #605

I may or may not remember correctly but L4DT2 might also expect a certain folder layout. Let me check how it was setup for me ...

Well, i placed it in sourcemod-central/extensions/, resulting in a sourcemod-central/extensions/left4downtown2/makefile folder structure.
eric0279
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-13-2013 , 14:18   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #606

I just wanted to know the difference between playerslot and noslot? for eight slot server?

Last edited by eric0279; 10-13-2013 at 14:18.
dcx2
Old 10-14-2013 , 14:46   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #607

playerslots version will patch a couple of routines to allow 8+ players, but you still need other plugins.

noslot does not patch for 8+ players. Use this if you use L4DToolz for 8+, or if you don't care about 8+ at all.
Old 10-14-2013 , 18:35   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #608

Ok thank dcx2.
V1SoR
Old 10-16-2013 , 07:30   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #609

Updated my L4DT2 fork to v0.5.7. Details on my git.

Some new stuff(list is not complete):
PHP Code:
/**
 * @brief Called whenever CBasePlayer::WaterMove() is invoked
 * @remarks Couple it with a FL_INWATER check to be sure
 * @param client    the client that is moving in the water
 * @noreturn
 */
forward L4D2_OnWaterMove(client);

/**
 * @brief Called whenever CTerrorPlayer::OnStaggered(CBaseEntity *, Vector const *) is invoked
 * @remarks Source is always null for Charger impacts(Valve)
 * @param target    the client that is about to get staggered
 * @param source    the client that is about to stagger the target
 * @return         Pl_Handled to block, Pl_Continue otherwise
 */
forward Action:L4D2_OnStagger(targetsource);

/**
 * @brief Called whenever CTerrorWeapon::OnHit(CGameTrace &, Vector  const&, bool) is invoked
 * @remarks Called for every single shovable and even some of the unshovable entities in the game
 * @param client    survivor who did the shoving
 * @param entity    entity that is about to get shoved
 * @param weapon    weapon that has been held while shoving
 * @param vector    not sure what are these coordinates, probably some kind of shove distance
 * @param bIsHunterDeadstop        a boolean to determine if it was a pounce from a height or not; reliable to a certain degree and should only be considered for hunters
 * @return         Pl_Handled to block, Pl_Continue otherwise
 */
forward Action:L4D2_OnEntityShoved(cliententityweaponFloat:vector[3], bool:bIsHighPounce);

/**
 * @brief Called when the client's material system is expecting instructions from the server in regards to addons
 * @remarks Doesn't fire if l4d2_addons_eclipse is -1 or 0
 * @param SteamID   SteamID of the client expecting a matsys reply
 * @return      Pl_Handled to let the client through with addons, Pl_Continue otherwise.
 */
forward Action:L4D2_OnClientDisableAddons(const String:SteamID[]); 

Last edited by V1SoR; 10-16-2013 at 07:35.
BassSurge
Old 10-17-2013 , 01:58   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #610

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1SoR View Post
Updated my L4DT2 fork to v0.5.7. Details on my git.

Some new stuff(list is not complete):

Could you post instructions on compiling this in linux? I run CentOS, so unlike other distros, it has GLBIC 2.12 <