Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Pinion Discussion Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Huntereb
>:) (:<
Old 10-01-2013 , 10:35   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Would it be possible to make a client-side modification to force all "connect" commands issued to end with "matchmaking"? I, and many other people would be very thankful.

Right now I just disable HTML MOTD's, and then remind myself to connect to servers from the server browser through the console with "connect IP matchmaking". Pinion has become a non-issue because of this now.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 10-01-2013 , 11:02   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntereb View Post
Would it be possible to make a client-side modification to force all "connect" commands issued to end with "matchmaking"? I, and many other people would be very thankful.

Right now I just disable HTML MOTD's, and then remind myself to connect to servers from the server browser through the console with "connect IP matchmaking". Pinion has become a non-issue because of this now.
Or you could just play on different servers.
Old 10-01-2013 , 13:16   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Or you could just play on different servers.
Why would I do that? Servers with Pinion are cool because I have an advantage over people who connected without the console, so while everyone else is stuck at the spawn, I can just start playing and capping points as scout!

Also, there is absolutely no disadvantage to connecting to Pinion servers using this method. I just get to see "...stay tuned for the Pinion Pot-O-Gold!" in the middle of my screen for a second.

I love Valve so much for adding this feature, and that it doesn't appear they are gonna change it any time soon!
serpentine
I don't have a problem
Old 10-01-2013 , 13:55   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Why would I do that? Servers with Pinion are cool because I have an advantage over people who connected without the console, so while everyone else is stuck at the spawn, I can just start playing and capping points as scout!

Also, there is absolutely no disadvantage to connecting to Pinion servers using this method. I just get to see "...stay tuned for the Pinion Pot-O-Gold!" in the middle of my screen for a second.

I love Valve so much for adding this feature, and that it doesn't appear they are gonna change it any time soon!
Chances are you're missing out on other plugins that use the MOTD if you connect using this method. I myself use the radio almost every day.
Old 10-01-2013 , 14:01   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

!radio, !bp, !rules, etc.

If it becomes apparent to me that a player connected in this way, because I appear to be unable to force the Rules page on him, it's generally a permaban for him, no questions asked.

Last edited by ddhoward; 10-01-2013 at 14:01.
serpentine
I don't have a problem
Old 10-01-2013 , 14:25   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
!radio, !bp, !rules, etc.

If it becomes apparent to me that a player connected in this way, because I appear to be unable to force the Rules page on him, it's generally a permaban for him, no questions asked.
No need to go that far. McKay made a simple plugin that kicks people who connect this way if I remember correctly. I just can't seem to find the link.
Old 10-01-2013 , 14:34   Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
No need to go that far. McKay made a simple plugin that kicks people who connect this way if I remember correctly. I just can't seem to find the link.
Nope. That plugin is dead, don't use it.
Old 10-01-2013 , 16:32   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:

You'd most likely have to hook into the client for that so you'd have to bypass VAC (not that hard anyway).
Server owners could also reply to that by slowhacking you so to remove that parameter from the connect command, then again I think you'd be better off not playing on Pinion servers at all at that point.
Old 12-23-2013 , 20:05   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Latest News from Pinion

Quote:
First of all - it’s already Xmas and the New Year is just around the corner. We have a jam packed 2014 planned with plenty of exciting new initiatives! But 2013 hasn't come to an end yet so here's a taste of what’s to come.

We've taken the forward steps to ensure the ongoing support of all communities by locking away budgets with advertisers for the next 12 months! The result of that hard work means we can now offer higher rates, in most cases from US$2.20 to US$3.00

2014 Budgets

The rates of US3.00 will apply to the major countries that our gamers reside in with effect from January 1, 2014. Happy New Year!
Guaranteed regions of the United States, Australia and United Kingdom – Pinion will purchase ALL of your inventory at the new rates of US3.00 CPM. That’s right 100% of your inventory no matter if there is an ad or not, provided the ad is watched in full.
Non-Guaranteed Regions of Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, New Zealand and Norway, – Although Pinion will not purchase 100% of your inventory, we’ll still pay you the higher rate of US3.00 CPM.
Rest of World– All other countries will remain on the current rate of $2.20 CPM.

By Pinion paying for ad slots in the guaranteed regions it effectively increases the eCPM. For example: 100,000 ad slots with a 70% fill rate and a CPM of US$3.00. Pinion will pay US$300.00 (which is an eCPM of US$4.23) compared to others who will only pay US$210.

And as you will have already experienced, unlike the other fly by nighters Pinion always pays its communities in full and on time!

But that's not the only good news for communities within the Pinion network.

From time to time our advertising and game partners are kind enough to send us product. As such the cupboards at Pinion are overflowing with cool stuff and we'd like to give it away to all those players that have supported us. In the past we ran "Pot o Gold" as way to keep those cupboards from overflowing whilst giving back to the community - but in 2014 Pinion will be launching its very own Tournament System.

PTS - (Pinion Tournament System)

Pinion, in partnership with a group of awesome dev folk, have designed a tournament plugin for Pinion servers. The plugin simply captures game data (nothing personal) like kills, deaths etc and passes the information into leader boards. At the end of every month those at the top of the leader boards will win prizes. They could be anything from signed Valve merch, gaming peripherals and hardware to games and steam credit. The events themselves will be built to give ALL players a chance to win, not just the best (that's right, you could win big by being the worst)!

For community owners it isn't just another offering for players on your servers, it will also lead to additional income! Any advertising displayed on the leaderboard page will count as extra impressions that Pinion will pay you for. As the value of prizes increase along with a players appetite to check updated results you'll earn more money! And as the popularity of the Tournament System grows our sponsors will up the prize ante, and the budgets……..are big!

PTS may sound like other tournie systems but it was designed with one specific difference. As gamers, we didn't like having to compete on 3rd party servers at a time/date that was nominated for us. So we decided to create a system that would work within our own community, when we wanted to game and on the servers we felt most comfortable playing on!

Build has begun and the beta will be in launch this side of Xmas! As those results come through we'll be reaching out to more communities to join our ranks. In the future we see everything from a complete network competition right down to community level events. That's right for any particular month Pinion will be looking to supply your community with prizes to reward those gamer's that compete on your servers only!

And that's not all.........we've got two more big announcements to make in January, and we expect the goodness to keep on flowing through to our partner communities, so please stay tuned and make sure you like our Facebook page to get all the latest updates!!

Finally, if you're not a Pinion community please take the time to calculate the benefits of becoming one and stay in touch - you're going to love what we've got planned.

Stay classy people!

Pinion Tech
PBSGTS
Old 12-23-2013 , 22:01   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Phew, I was worried something bad was happening since this thread was bumped.
Closed Thread