[TF2] PropHunt 1.93

Post New Thread Reply   

BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2013 , 22:49   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
Anyone else getting regular (once per 1-6 hours) crashes on linux since the last major tf2 update? Still haven't pinned down the cause
yeah, I have spoke of problems on the Linux platform but no one believes me (its just me)
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-30-2013 , 11:45   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
Not sure if it's just me, but the 2.09 version had lots of bugs. I've got most of them squashed so far, but still am encountering a few problems (mainly RED team getting their melee weapons randomly nvm was last one alive thing). Once I get everything working like I think it should, I'll clean up what I've changed and push it to you. Some things I've done:

Added a global enable bool instead of unloading/loading the plugin
Fixed the BLU players not getting frozen on setup start
Changed some of the message displays to show at the proper time

...and more I can't think of off the top of my head.
Were you still updating things? I was hoping to make some changes to Prop Hunt this weekend, but as I recall, Git's merging sometimes leaves something to be desired...

As for the global bool, the way Prop Hunt handles the control point entities will be a problem unless said entities are recreated every round. I'm not sure if it's possible to hide the control point HUD... luckily, Prop Hunt 2.x sets the cap unlock time ludicrously high (5000 seconds) so it shouldn't actually ever unlock. That ALSO needs to be reset when Prop Hunt is disabled.

One of the reasons I'm stressing this is that I'm writing a new multimod plugin called Opt-In MultiMod. It's not done yet, but I've already added hooks for it to the next version of Huntsman Hell... and Prop Hunt is one of the plugins that I intend to support it. (One of its notable features is asking a plugin if it supports a particular map. Including the next map after a map vote.)

Quote:
Anyone else getting regular (once per 1-6 hours) crashes on linux since the last major tf2 update? Still haven't pinned down the cause
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
yeah, I have spoke of problems on the Linux platform but no one believes me (its just me)
I just reviewed my tf/logs/ files for the last day or so. The only non-standard log close I see is when my server updater sent a quit message to my Prop Hunt server for the mandatory update. Likewise, my SourceMod logs don't show anything weird.

This is on a Ubuntu 12.04 server running TF2 with MetaMod: Source 1.10 final and SourceMod 1.5 final.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-30-2013 at 11:58.
goosmurf
Old 08-31-2013 , 01:56   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1133

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
Yep also getting crashes every few hours but can't figure out why :S

Running on Linux.

sourcemod-1.5.0-hg3855
metamod-1.10.0-hg848

Last edited by goosmurf; 08-31-2013 at 01:57.
Darkimmortal
Old 08-31-2013 , 03:58   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I just reviewed my tf/logs/ files for the last day or so. The only non-standard log close I see is when my server updater sent a quit message to my Prop Hunt server for the mandatory update. Likewise, my SourceMod logs don't show anything weird.

This is on a Ubuntu 12.04 server running TF2 with MetaMod: Source 1.10 final and SourceMod 1.5 final.
Is the server regularly active? There seems to be a correlation with number of players - 32 players will crash after an hour or so while less than 16 will last for 6 hours or so.

So I guess a specific player action or equipped item (in combination with the removal code) may be causing the issues

The only thing I've not tried is reverting from my snapshot builds to the stable builds of SM and MM:S, will have to give that a try

Last edited by Darkimmortal; 08-31-2013 at 04:00.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-31-2013 , 11:18   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1135

Quote:
Is the server regularly active? There seems to be a correlation with number of players - 32 players will crash after an hour or so while less than 16 will last for 6 hours or so.

So I guess a specific player action or equipped item (in combination with the removal code) may be causing the issues

The only thing I've not tried is reverting from my snapshot builds to the stable builds of SM and MM:S, will have to give that a try
It's usage is pretty random. In fact, I'm somewhat annoyed they had an update that day as my server was actually pretty full when it happened.
Old 08-31-2013 , 15:48   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1136

Hello, I'm just posting to tell you I also have the same problem of random crashes since the lastest TF2 update.
My server specs : 24 slots, Debian Wheezy, MM:S 1.10.0 stable, SM 1.5.0 stable.

Nothing interesting in the logs (neither the tf2 nor the sourcemod ones) except that the logs are truncated when the server crashes (but that is actually normal xD).
I was on the server when it crashed, and it crashed right after killing a scout.
goosmurf
Old 08-31-2013 , 23:12   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisprols58 View Post
Nothing interesting in the logs (neither the tf2 nor the sourcemod ones) except that the logs are truncated when the server crashes (but that is actually normal xD).
Yep my console logs are also truncated.

Is there some switch/config I can setup so that those of you who know what you're doing can get a usable crash dump or something?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-31-2013 , 23:25   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosmurf View Post
Yep my console logs are also truncated.

Is there some switch/config I can setup so that those of you who know what you're doing can get a usable crash dump or something?
-nobreakpad on the server's command-line... because at some point, Breakpad got linked against the wrong version and doesn't create a crash dump.
BANNED
Old 09-01-2013 , 05:25   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1139

Weird, I still run PropHunt 2.04 with the latest SourceMod & MetaMod on an Ubuntu 12.04 server....no crashes whatsoever.

It seems like the recent TF2 update that fucked with Linux stuff doesn't affect Ubuntu. Same goes for these apparent crashes.

Guess I'm lucky, using Ubuntu.

Speaking of 2.09, can someone post the link to the github so I can grab the latest version?

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 09-01-2013 at 05:27.
Krisprols58
Old 09-01-2013 , 06:34   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Weird, I still run PropHunt 2.04
Maybe that is the reason why.
I'm running 2.07 and it crashes (sometimes).

As for the Ubuntu part, since Ubuntu is based on Debian I don't think using Ubuntu will change anything.
I may try to recompile the plugin and see what happens ...

Last edited by Krisprols58; 09-01-2013 at 06:36.