Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] TFGunGame - [1.2.1] - [8/14/13]

Post New Thread Reply   

Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2013 , 08:51   Re: [TF2] GunGame Fortress 3 - [ v.1.0.0] [7/26/13] (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesomePhantom View Post
Im not getting any guns in game and getting this error in the console

Native "TF2Items_GiveWeapon" reported: Plugin owning this native is currently paused.
L 07/29/2013 - 22:04:16: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf2gungame.smx":
L 07/29/2013 - 22:04:16: [SM] [0] Line 341, tf2gungame.sp::GiveClientWeapons()
L 07/29/2013 - 22:04:16: [SM] [1] Line 464, tf2gungame.sp:isableLockerRoom()
L 07/29/2013 - 22:04:16: [SM] [2] Line 220, tf2gungame.sp::OnRoundStart()
That error means you didn't install TF2Items_GiveWeapon correctly.

Follow these steps:
1. Download and Install the latest version of TF2Items and extract it to sourcemod directory.
2. Download and Install tf2items_giveweapon.smx from TF2items Give Weapon to your sourcemod/plugin directoy.
3. Download and Install tf2items_randomizer.txt to your sourcemod/gamedata directoy.
4. Update to Sourcemod 1.5 and Metamod 1.10 to the updated version.
5. Optional Install: Updater: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=169095
6. Download the gungamefortress3.zip file and unpack the files to your TF2 directory, also unpack the FastDl to your webserver if you have fastdownload on your server, otherwise ignore it.
7. Do a full map restart or map change.
8. Success!

Last edited by Chaosxk; 07-29-2013 at 09:06.
Rd1981
Old 07-29-2013 , 15:07   Re: [TF2] GunGame Fortress 3 - [ v.1.0.0] [7/26/13] (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #12

ctf_2fort
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2013 , 21:53   Re: [TF2] TFGunGame - [1.1.0] - [7/31/13]
Reply With Quote #13

Updated.
PHP Code:
Renamed plugin since it was too similar with the other one
Added tf2attributestf2itemsinfo...plugin now requires them
You can now add attributes to each weaponssee O.P on gungame_weapons.cfg for details
Renamed levels_config to weapons_config in the gungame_maps.cfg
Renamed gungame_levels.cfg to gungame_weapons.cfg
Fixed ctf_ maps where winning does not reset the round
Added HUD display of levels 
Also added video gameplay of it.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 07-30-2013 at 21:54.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2013 , 18:06   Re: [TF2] TFGunGame - [1.1.0] - [7/31/13]
Reply With Quote #14

Well I am pleasantly surprised. TBH after trying mecha and then zero version of gungame I was a little jaded. They both seemed to crash on linux, anyhow, for no reason that anyone could peg down is my understanding. Both would crash after a few mins or rounds, even on uptodate, clean installs.

Anyhow, this baby has been rock solide since installing it yesterday. I mean have played for a few hours and more, unloading/loading configs on the fly all without one crash. Kudos to you .

I believe it was zero who recommended the advanced infinite ammo plugin and is a nice feature to add, but may need a few tweaks to your liking.

Cheers Mate!

Oh..how about any who using this share some weapon configs? I will start with an old one I had from other versions.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg gungame_weapons2.cfg (2.6 KB, 259 views)

Last edited by MaloModo; 07-31-2013 at 18:15.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-31-2013 , 18:11   Re: [TF2] TFGunGame - [1.1.0] - [7/31/13]
Reply With Quote #15

The timer on most maps is a team_round_timer, but I'm not sure what will happen if you try to get rid of it.

Still, this probably works best on koth maps.... and you can probably change arena maps as appropriate by swapping out the tf_logic_arena entity and opening the doors.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-31-2013 at 18:13.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2013 , 18:18   Re: [TF2] TFGunGame - [1.1.0] - [7/31/13]
Reply With Quote #16

These might be two plugins some could be interested in if goign to run on ctf/etc.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=70793
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=140862

Last edited by MaloModo; 07-31-2013 at 18:19.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2013 , 18:36   Re: [TF2] TFGunGame - [1.1.0] - [7/31/13]
Reply With Quote #17

@MaloModo
TBH i had no idea why they both crashed. I just wrote it from scratch and made sure not to copy the way both gave weapons to player, or else i would of copied the problem. Also made sure not to create so much weapons at one time, or else it might cause the no-edict crash.

Thanks for the plugin recommendations and weapons config, i'll upload those on the 2nd post.
As for the plugins, i'm not sure yet but it might conflict with the way this plugin disables control points/flags/etc. If you can confirm that it doesn't that would be great.

@Powerlord
Don't we need to use Stripper:Source to swap out logic entities? I don't think a plugin alone can do it before a map starts?

Last edited by Chaosxk; 07-31-2013 at 18:41.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2013 , 19:09   Re: [TF2] TFGunGame - [1.1.0] - [7/31/13]
Reply With Quote #18

Just a fast update. Still rock solid adsolute "crash" wise. Works well with bots on supported maps. One thing about the resize. People can get "stuck" in the environment from one to the next level if involves resizing. Classic example is default config from tine engi to heavy. I know the resize plugin has option to slay or respawn in this case. Possible to implement? Doesn't seem to crash server but peeps don't like it

Cheers! Oh and for the lawls or what have you made 2 levels with HHH and Mer...nice idea.

Also would it somehow be possible to add into gungame map config number of levels from config loaded for that map? The problem being say you do load different configs for different maps with different number of levels it isn't reflected on map load. I assume by this it follows the tfgg_level cvar. I tried to add this to map specific cfg but is overridden by plugin cvar? Not sure which one loads last? Must be plugin?

Last edited by MaloModo; 08-02-2013 at 19:18.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2013 , 18:33   Re: [TF2] TFGunGame - [1.1.0] - [7/31/13]
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
Just a fast update. Still rock solid adsolute "crash" wise. Works well with bots on supported maps. One thing about the resize. People can get "stuck" in the environment from one to the next level if involves resizing. Classic example is default config from tine engi to heavy. I know the resize plugin has option to slay or respawn in this case. Possible to implement? Doesn't seem to crash server but peeps don't like it

Cheers! Oh and for the lawls or what have you made 2 levels with HHH and Mer...nice idea.

Also would it somehow be possible to add into gungame map config number of levels from config loaded for that map? The problem being say you do load different configs for different maps with different number of levels it isn't reflected on map load. I assume by this it follows the tfgg_level cvar. I tried to add this to map specific cfg but is overridden by plugin cvar? Not sure which one loads last? Must be plugin?
I will have to look into the resize plugin. Don't know how it exactly works but i'll take a look.

Yes it would be easy to add tfgg_level into the map specific config, would be better than using a convar. I'll be adding it next update.
Old 08-05-2013 , 19:59   Re: [TF2] TFGunGame - [1.1.0] - [7/31/13]
Reply With Quote #20

Hey there, thank you for reviving this! Any chance you can take a look at this error?
Code:
[tf2gungame.smx] [GunGame] Error: Can not find filepath addons\sourcemod\configs\
[SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
[SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Error: Can not find filepath addons\sourcemod\configs\
[SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf2gungame.smx":
[SM]   [0]  Line 564, tf2gungame.sp::SetUpGungameWeapons()
[SM]   [1]  Line 554, tf2gungame.sp::SetUpGungameMap()
[SM]   [2]  Line 107, tf2gungame.sp::OnPluginStart()