0% 

Pinion Discussion Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2013 , 00:59   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotfits View Post
Me an my team have been running pinion for a long time in the past an never have had an issue with them, but like i posted in the past on page 106 i have felt impressions have been dropping with every update.
Since then me an my team have split up and we run our own groups, i was told with pinion 1.12.21 the impressions are logging in ok. The time leading up to the team splitting up we ran motdplayer for 2 months, our first moth we ran we started about mid month and generated about 140$, they have a high payout of 3$ for 100% completed impressions.
Here is the problem with motdplayer our second month we generated about 280$ and this is where the "red flag" went up for them?
We were sent to the fraud department in june and were still waiting for the clear LOL. Heres the other great part 3 weeks ago we received a message stating we were cleared and will receive payment along with the new month on the 1st, and today on pay day the 1st we receive another message stating "Your June was ruled fraud as it exceeded the networks limit. We are still trying to get an answer if funds will be released."
So if you exceed their limit of impressions you automatically get picked up for fraud? & your waiting 6 weeks already to get an answer back from the networks?
lol this is a joke and will be heading back to pinion n a few weeks.
Sounds like BS to me. I have been payed more than $800 a month by motdplayer immediately after the month ends. Pinion, however, has disputed my payment on MANY occasions. Not only do they dispute it. They just don't pay you. It is up to you to bug them for 3 weeks to finally get payment.
igotfits
Old 08-04-2013 , 22:31   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie2020 View Post
Sounds like BS to me. I have been payed more than $800 a month by motdplayer immediately after the month ends. Pinion, however, has disputed my payment on MANY occasions. Not only do they dispute it. They just don't pay you. It is up to you to bug them for 3 weeks to finally get payment.
sounds like BS? just ask for evidence. alot of bashing goes on in here about pinion and its usually other coders who work for other motd ad companies and i guess that cool for them. Im just stating my personal experience with a different motd ad company. just a short experience thats all. 800$+ u say how many servers do you run 12+

http://imgur.com/jY0Jvsx

Link Above is what my team has been sent.

Last edited by igotfits; 08-04-2013 at 22:42.
igotfits
Old 08-06-2013 , 00:38   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

ah seems like this motdplayer problem is for all users now, im still waiting on my payment from 2 months ago looks like ill be waiting another month so about 3 months now.
This was just posted on their site.

Payment & Account hold. All payments for 08/01/13 have been frozen until 09/05/13. The delay is due to our network flagging us for exceeding the total impressions to unique impressions limit.
We are working with them now and trying to resolve the issue before 09/05/2013. Sorry for any issues this may cause.
-MotdPlayer Team
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2013 , 16:19   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

And... this is why you should use pinion and not some 2 bit shitty "wanna be"...

Pinion gives all of us our money on time every month with no issues...
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-14-2013 , 18:40   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
And... this is why you should use pinion and not some 2 bit shitty "wanna be"...

Pinion gives all of us our money on time every month with no issues...
That's kind of funny... there are many users on here who would disagree with you. Pinion's payouts have dwindled massively over the past year. I went from making $600/month to making $60/month. With every update they came out with you got less and less impressions.

I for one am very happy having left pinion months ago and was just checking in to see what was going on around this place. I can see nothing much has changed and people are still unhappy with their service.
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-15-2013 , 00:01   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMaster View Post
That's kind of funny... there are many users on here who would disagree with you. Pinion's payouts have dwindled massively over the past year. I went from making $600/month to making $60/month. With every update they came out with you got less and less impressions.

I for one am very happy having left pinion months ago and was just checking in to see what was going on around this place. I can see nothing much has changed and people are still unhappy with their service.

I haven't noticed much of if any of a dip in impressions...

I had close to 250 servers online at one time with pinion and only saw impression drops when I downsized my network..
Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-15-2013 , 04:13   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

When i started with Ads (pinion) i had about 4000 till 5000 impressions a day....

they updated the plugin,code.. and i went back torwards 1800 Impressions a day if i am Lucky.

My gameservers ar as steady played on as when i started. That is my experiance with Pinion ads in the past year or so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ Pitbull:

Serious 250 servers online.... That is big mate. Where do you get the time to manage that? And what is the fun of so much servers.?

And strange that you didnt notice the impressions went slowly down with each plugin, code updates.
Old 08-15-2013 , 20:13   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
I haven't noticed much of if any of a dip in impressions...

I had close to 250 servers online at one time with pinion and only saw impression drops when I downsized my network..
they must have been so unique and definitely not just to farm impressions
Old 08-23-2013 , 17:15   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

i Have been following this thread for months now, and i have come to a simple conclusion.

WE ALL WILL JUST HAVE TO AGREE TO DISAGREE.

so with that said, good luck to all the motd ad companies, and communities.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 08-28-2013 , 22:59   Re: Pinion Discussion Thread

Installed MOTDgd today, hoping to offset the lack of donors we're getting. Not even 3 hours later:

Quote:
Dear member,
It's unfortunate but necessary.

Our ad partner would like us to ensure that we're forcing ads for their duration. The average CTR % is currently less than expected average and so we are forced to take measures to help improve this. Effective tomorrow, unless another viable idea can be implemented, we will be taking steps to ensure ads are seen for at least around 30 seconds, which is the typical average duration of a video advertisement. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause some members.

The one positive attribute we can still hold onto is the fact we're paying almost four times the CPM rate that our competitors do.

If you have questions or ideas then please reply to this email or add IX3L on Steam if you would like to chat in real-time.

Regards,
MOTDgd.com.
So they're gonna start enforcing timers I guess. :/