Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)

Post New Thread Reply   

FallenNT
Old 06-30-2013 , 11:39   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #821

Code:
L 06/30/2013 - 17:23:44: [SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds
L 06/30/2013 - 17:23:44: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "quakesounds_css.smx":
L 06/30/2013 - 17:23:44: [SM]   [0]  Line 542,
That it for an error. The plug-in perfectly worked earlier. Now here it got out. I assume that it as that is connected to it.
Send a message via ICQ to FallenNT
AnyChris
Old 06-30-2013 , 22:34   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #822

Exist one working Version for CSGO?
legionfalls
Old 07-02-2013 , 13:31   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #823

Hey everyone,

The sounds work fine on my tf2 server, they play, download, and are overall a great experience.

A strange problem occurs when I try to get them to download via fastdl. The files download, but they are just not saving on the clients computer.

The only difference I do is add sv_downloadurl to the server.cfg, and load the files up exactly how they are on the local server (tf/download/sound/quake), yet the files download but just don't save on the clients computer, and therefore don't play.

If I removed the sv_downloadurl from server.cfg, the files download straight from the server and work fine.

What's the problem? I don't see how this could be a plugin problem, but more of a steampipe/permissions/incorrect directory problem. I've tried everything I could think of and nothing seems to work.
cocacoala
Old 07-14-2013 , 14:30   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #824

i need help... where can i adjust that the tones don't longer overlap?
thx for ur answers!
Syrup
Old 07-18-2013 , 20:20   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #825

Hey guys i have a problem, my server wont load mp3 files, only wav what i have to do?
Because when im converting to wav the file have 300kb and 100 kb... :S
adamnp
Old 07-21-2013 , 13:04   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #826

Quote:
Originally Posted by legionfalls View Post
Hey everyone,

The sounds work fine on my tf2 server, they play, download, and are overall a great experience.

A strange problem occurs when I try to get them to download via fastdl. The files download, but they are just not saving on the clients computer.

The only difference I do is add sv_downloadurl to the server.cfg, and load the files up exactly how they are on the local server (tf/download/sound/quake), yet the files download but just don't save on the clients computer, and therefore don't play.

If I removed the sv_downloadurl from server.cfg, the files download straight from the server and work fine.

What's the problem? I don't see how this could be a plugin problem, but more of a steampipe/permissions/incorrect directory problem. I've tried everything I could think of and nothing seems to work.

One reasoning for this is if the client joins a different server, downloads a mp3 named the same as the mp3 you are sending them (For example, modified quake sounds). The file sizes will be different, so when they join your server, it will redownload it, but won't overwrite the other file---Therefor, downloading it again, and again, and again, and again. A way around this is to modify your server configurations to utilize different mp3 names, and then rename all the mp3's associated with the plugin.

Adam

Send a message via AIM to adamnp Send a message via Skype™ to adamnp
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-21-2013 , 15:55   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #827

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnp View Post
One reasoning for this is if the client joins a different server, downloads a mp3 named the same as the mp3 you are sending them (For example, modified quake sounds). The file sizes will be different, so when they join your server, it will redownload it, but won't overwrite the other file---Therefor, downloading it again, and again, and again, and again. A way around this is to modify your server configurations to utilize different mp3 names, and then rename all the mp3's associated with the plugin.

Adam
In my experience, the client won't bother trying to redownload it.

I've only seen three things that would cause a file to keep redownloading:
  1. The file doesn't exist on a fast download server and thus the client is never actually downloading it, but it tries at the start of every map anyway.
  2. sv_pure rules are blocking the file from being loaded on a client. I have no idea why this causes constant redownloading, but it does.
  3. Switching from an sv_pure 1 server to a different sv_pure 1 server with a different pure_server_whitelist will cause the client to use the old whitelist. This may have been fixed in the SteamPipe update as I haven't seen it lately.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-21-2013 at 15:57.
foo bar
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-24-2013 , 18:52   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #828

Hello,

I've moved my repository for quakesounds_hl2dm to a dedicated github repository, it now lives at https://github.com/foobarhl/foo_quakesounds_hl2dm

My most recent version (2.7foobar3) includes a few changes:
* Fix for headshot detection - it should be more accurate now
* Works with hrcbot's now

I've also sent a message to Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr about whether he's still maintaining this plugin but have not heard back. I'm willing to take over maintenance of the plugin unless any of the plugin authors object.

[foo] bar

Last edited by foo bar; 07-24-2013 at 18:55. Reason: can't spell
Spartan_C001
Old 07-30-2013 , 19:44   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #829

Here is my version FOR TF2 ONLY.

I updated the AskPluginLoad to AskPluginLoad2 for completeness, and cleared out everything that was not for TF2.

Does not include configs, but includes sounds and plugin/scripting.

I guess this has been abandoned by its owner too?

I may attempt to make a single plugin with a simple check on plugin load to alter the game types instead of the hundreds of statements i found when fixing the tf2 version xD okay having 5 different versions is fine, but one single one that works for all is much better in my opinion!
Attached Files
File Type: zip quakesounds.zip (1.54 MB, 134 views)
foo bar
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-31-2013 , 13:42   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan_C001 View Post
Here is my version FOR TF2 ONLY.

I updated the AskPluginLoad to AskPluginLoad2 for completeness, and cleared out everything that was not for TF2.

Does not include configs, but includes sounds and plugin/scripting.

I guess this has been abandoned by its owner too?

I may attempt to make a single plugin with a simple check on plugin load to alter the game types instead of the hundreds of statements i found when fixing the tf2 version xD okay having 5 different versions is fine, but one single one that works for all is much better in my opinion!

Hey Spartan:

I think a single plugin would be better as well, I'm not sure if there are enough differences in game engines to warrant separate editions. My main focus atm is with hl2dm but I'm interested in collaborating.

[foo] bar