Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Grenade Spam Punish

Post New Thread Reply   

v3x
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2006 , 09:54  
Reply With Quote #11

... Why are you storing this in vault? There are such things as global variables you know.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
DaSoul
Old 01-10-2006 , 10:46  
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel3
Well... lets say I play fy_pool_day and I pick up another grenade from pool then I get slayed? If so.. then you should make another cfg file or u can use the same one where I can put map names where I want to use more than one grenade. Propably some he_* maps
I am not sure the best way to handle this. It maybe best to just create a single file where the admin would place the following:

de_dust 2 1 1
cs_assault 2 1 1
fy_pool_day 2 20 1

This keeps it all in one place where you could place exceptions for different maps. This would say on fy_pool_day you could throw 2 flashes 20 he and 1 smoke for example...

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
... Why are you storing this in vault? There are such things as global variables you know.
I agree with you. This is my first public plugin. I saw someone using the vault and thought maybe I should do it this way. But I guess a better option would be that when someone connects I wipe their global variable spot in the array and just use that. I will see about updating it tonight.
pixel3
Old 01-10-2006 , 11:40  
Reply With Quote #13

So ... default for all maps would be 2 flashbangs 1 smoke and 1 he grenade? And if i want make exceptions for some maps I just add something like? :

Code:
fy_pool_day 2 20 1
This is a nice plugin. I could use it tho ...
DaSoul
Old 01-10-2006 , 12:14  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel3
So ... default for all maps would be 2 flashbangs 1 smoke and 1 he grenade? And if i want make exceptions for some maps I just add something like? :

Code:
fy_pool_day 2 20 1
This is a nice plugin. I could use it tho ...
Yes ... this is what I hope to do...
jsauce
Old 01-10-2006 , 12:34  
Reply With Quote #15

I still don't see the problem with so-called Grenade Spamming. They wouldn't put buyzones in certain areas if they didnt want to allow you to buy anything you wanted anytime. Me I like to stand in the kitchen on cs_militia and continually toss grenades at the doors, its effective and keeps them from getting in the house. I just need to block the fireinthehole message and Im set. A more useful plugin would be one that stops saying fireinhole after you throw a second one within a certain time.

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
DaSoul
Old 01-10-2006 , 12:55  
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsauce
I still don't see the problem with so-called Grenade Spamming. They wouldn't put buyzones in certain areas if they didnt want to allow you to buy anything you wanted anytime. Me I like to stand in the kitchen on cs_militia and continually toss grenades at the doors, its effective and keeps them from getting in the house. I just need to block the fireinthehole message and Im set. A more useful plugin would be one that stops saying fireinhole after you throw a second one within a certain time.
I built this specifically for assault. And when its already so much to the Ts advantage they dont need to be grenade spamming on my server. If you dont like the plugin or dont think its needed thats fine. But some of us want to limit that type of play.
DaSoul
Old 01-10-2006 , 14:26  
Reply With Quote #17

I updated the plugin to not use the vault and to also have map specific configurations.

Any more ideas or suggestions please let me know.

Soul
FrontLine
Old 04-20-2006 , 10:05  
Reply With Quote #18

this needed to be done, especially for maps, such as bloodstrike.

+1 Karma

FL.
Old 05-27-2006 , 11:27  
Reply With Quote #19

I found a bug that seemed to only show it self with version 1.71 and will be uploading a new version soon.
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2006 , 21:04   Re: Grenade Spam Punish
Reply With Quote #20

I personally think spamming grenades in small maps like fy_2forts, even if only for the first 15 seconds of buying.. is cheap. Props and if there was +karma I'd give u some ... GJ on this plugin!