[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2013 , 20:50   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4181

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpes View Post
With my install of CS:GO, SM:GG, and Sourcemod I've found that when it comes to loading specific map configs (such as to use the cvar gg_enable 1 and other features related to the gungame maps like sticky nades, dissolving bodies, knife fights), the values I place in there will never load even with the sm_cvar tag before it. I sat down with another server admin and we tried 2 nights in a row trying to get things to load/work, and we accomplished nothing. We attempted 2 other ways of trying to get specific map configs to load, without success. It was only until we got the map prefix configs working that we were finally able to enable/disable gungame on a map prefix basis to create a Classic Competition/SM:GG mix server, but alas Knifefights and Stickynades are still enabled all the time (which is no biggy, it's an interesting twist).

I was happy to get it working, I pretty much accepted that the problem A: resides between the keyboard and the chair, B: my sourcemod install was wonky or something was interfering, C: I didn't sacrifice a virgin to the gods, or D: there's a ridiculously easy solution that a few other sets of eyes and my own have overlooked, or E: All of the above. Regardless, it's working (somewhat), I'm happy.

However... Being that with Steam Workshop maps the map is listed as /steamworkshopidnumber/mapname it's nigh near impossible to go the map prefix route.

I'm looking into UMC's command section, maybe it can do what I want to accomplish, and it is able to work with Steam Workshop maps with their mapname, and not that long string.

As for the "English, do you speak it?" kind of post, I can speak English, it aren't that hard. I was half out the door when I posted on my phone, sorry Alltex. I was wondering if this version of SM:GG was CS:GO safe, as I couldn't remember if I had used a protobuf/beta version on my server and I didn't have time to glance through the 418 pages of thread. Sorry for the inconvenience and poor, hurried grammar
Glad you got it working without a virgin sacrifice.

About the grammar, I don't if you noticed Altex's location listed under his avatar in his posts. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that English is not his first language, which is why he wouldn't understand what you said, it's slang really. We all can get in a hurry sometimes, but the thread is called CS:S/CS:GO GunGame.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera

Last edited by Bittersweet; 05-28-2013 at 20:52.
altex
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2013 , 03:34   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4182

Quote:
With my install of CS:GO, SM:GG, and Sourcemod I've found that when it comes to loading specific map configs (such as to use the cvar gg_enable 1 and other features related to the gungame maps like sticky nades, dissolving bodies, knife fights), the values I place in there will never load even with the sm_cvar tag before it. I sat down with another server admin and we tried 2 nights in a row trying to get things to load/work, and we accomplished nothing. We attempted 2 other ways of trying to get specific map configs to load, without success. It was only until we got the map prefix configs working that we were finally able to enable/disable gungame on a map prefix basis to create a Classic Competition/SM:GG mix server, but alas Knifefights and Stickynades are still enabled all the time (which is no biggy, it's an interesting twist).

I was happy to get it working, I pretty much accepted that the problem A: resides between the keyboard and the chair, B: my sourcemod install was wonky or something was interfering, C: I didn't sacrifice a virgin to the gods, or D: there's a ridiculously easy solution that a few other sets of eyes and my own have overlooked, or E: All of the above. Regardless, it's working (somewhat), I'm happy.

However... Being that with Steam Workshop maps the map is listed as /steamworkshopidnumber/mapname it's nigh near impossible to go the map prefix route.

I'm looking into UMC's command section, maybe it can do what I want to accomplish, and it is able to work with Steam Workshop maps with their mapname, and not that long string.

As for the "English, do you speak it?" kind of post, I can speak English, it aren't that hard. I was half out the door when I posted on my phone, sorry Alltex. I was wondering if this version of SM:GG was CS:GO safe, as I couldn't remember if I had used a protobuf/beta version on my server and I didn't have time to glance through the 418 pages of thread. Sorry for the inconvenience and poor, hurried grammar
1) what do you mean by "specific map configs" and "map prefix configs"? I want to find the bug and fix it, so i need all the information.
2) sm:gg is absolutely safe for csgo and css, thats why it has "[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame" in title
3) it's not impossible, it's quite easy to make it works with /steamworkshopidnumber/mapname in any plugin, all you need is to contact author of a plugin and post a feature request. neigher gungame nor umc is not exception of this rule.

so let me help all the people with similar bugs/issues/missed features as you has so please post all the details for that
Old 05-29-2013 , 03:44   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Glad you got it working without a virgin sacrifice.

About the grammar, I don't if you noticed Altex's location listed under his avatar in his posts. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that English is not his first language, which is why he wouldn't understand what you said, it's slang really. We all can get in a hurry sometimes, but the thread is called CS:S/CS:GO GunGame.
You're absolutely right, sorry for not been able to understand slang (i didn't even know it's slang, i thought he's from Russia too) i wish i could

Last edited by altex; 05-29-2013 at 03:46.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2013 , 16:05   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4184

Quote:
Originally Posted by altex View Post
You're absolutely right, sorry for not been able to understand slang (i didn't even know it's slang, i thought he's from Russia too) i wish i could
It's all good buddy.

While we are on the subject of map configs, etc. I was looking at the OP in this thread, the plugin list section:

Quote:
gungame_config.smx - Config Reader
No dependencies
Mandatory plugin
Read all config files
Can load different configs (*.config.txt, *.equip.txt) depending on map
prefixes and map names in configs/gungame/maps.
gungame.config.txt will be read first before prefix map name.
Prefix map name will be executed first before map specfic map.
Then map specifc config files will be loaded.

What that sounds like is there is some way built into GunGame to load different configs depending on the map that loads. If that is the case, I never got that to work. Instead, I used a separate .cfg file for each gungame map in ...\cstrike\maps\cfg\, which loads all of the gungame plugins that I use. This is how I am able to run different gametypes side by side on my server.

Now I see this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=389

and maybe I wasn't doing it correctly. I never did get that working. Does that feature indeed work?

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
herpes
Old 05-29-2013 , 17:59   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4185

Quote:
Originally Posted by altex View Post
1)3) it's not impossible, it's quite easy to make it works with /steamworkshopidnumber/mapname in any plugin, all you need is to contact author of a plugin and post a feature request. neigher gungame nor umc is not exception of this rule.
Well if you could the shortened Steam Workshop mapnames to work with gg/fy/ar/de/cs.config.txt's that would be golly gee darn swell ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Now I see this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=389

and maybe I wasn't doing it correctly. I never did get that working. Does that feature indeed work?
The gg/ar/fy.config.txt works, that's how I'm able to do what I do. I have the exact opposite problem, I can't get those individual map configs to work
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2013 , 21:15   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4186

Quote:
...The gg/ar/fy.config.txt works, that's how I'm able to do what I do. I have the exact opposite problem, I can't get those individual map configs to work
I believe someone was saying in another thread that the location for the map configs is different in CS:GO...after some searching, it look like your map cfgs should go in csgo\maps\cfg\

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...my_cfg_file.3F

My plugins:

Last edited by Bittersweet; 05-29-2013 at 21:16.
herpes
Old 05-29-2013 , 23:00   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4187

But also from that same page:

"The following list contains the ConVars that may be included in your cfg file.
Note: This list may be out of date. See bspconvar_whitelist.txt located in "..\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\" for a complete updated list."

This could be why I'm having trouble loading SM related configs? It's getting nix'd by the whitelist?

(EDIT: Tomorrow I'll tack a few of cvars in there and experiment a bit.)

Last edited by herpes; 05-30-2013 at 01:55.
altex
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2013 , 03:31   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4188

Quote:
Well if you could the shortened Steam Workshop mapnames to work with gg/fy/ar/de/cs.config.txt's that would be golly gee darn swell ;)
Sure i'll do it. But you should give me some examples with as much details as possible. All the names/paths/what's done/etc

Quote:
The gg/ar/fy.config.txt works, that's how I'm able to do what I do. I have the exact opposite problem, I can't get those individual map configs to work
do you mean that
- config maps/de.config.txt works
- config maps/de_dust2.config.txt does not work?
Old 05-30-2013 , 11:52   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4189

Alright.

Here are some workshop maps:
[Steam URL] - [Full Workshop Mapname when loaded] - ["fuzzy"* mapname]
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=147259190 - /147259190/gg_lego_spacetower - gg_lego_spacetower
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=147575915 - /147575915/gg_simpsons_glock_tok - gg_simpsons_glock_tok
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=147052492 - /147052492/gg_wolfenstein_3d - gg_wolfenstein_3d

*Term used by Ultimate Map Chooser and their use of Workshop maps, if memory serves...

I'm not sure if this is what's happening or not, but last night/this morning I tested the BSPconvarwhitelist.txt out. Looking through whatever documentation there is, there are several whitelists that block non-stock CS:GO cvar's from being loaded in CS:GO. There's the BSPcvarwhitelist.txt or whatever, and when a map loads it is actually loaded through several layers of configs (to set the game mode, game type, various rules, etc). I think when I place a mapname.cfg in maps/cfg/mapname.cfg to manually unload/load plugins, or enable/disable gungame and other mods through cvars, it's getting stripped/blocked.

IE maps/cfg/de_dust.cfg reads "sm_knifefight_enabled 0" or "sm_cvar sm_knifefight_enabled 0" "sm_cvar gg_disabled" or the commands to manually load/unload plugins, it doesn't happen. Any configs, such as the gg.config.txt that are loaded by the plugin and not map load, will work.

This lead me to this thought: So many plugins go with GunGame, but not with Regular game play. I'll take a peak at the gungame_config plugin and see how you do it, but I think probably the best way to accomplish what I (perhaps a few others?) need is to set up prefix configs to accept other plugin's cvars so that when gungame is enabled, it will enable/disable the related plugins for that maps prefix.

Another thing too: Can you specifically limit/create some code so that in CS:GO the SM:GG mod will enable only when the GameType and GameMode are set to Classic Competition or Classic Casual? My group is looking at possibly playing other gametype/modes, but I'm pretty sure with the prefix configs (for example gg.config.txt) if I were to pop the map gg_lego_spacetower in CS:GO's Deathmatch mode it would probably interfere.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm overly gung ho about this, this has bothered me for awhile. I'm also leaving in the next few days for work in Alaska for 2 months so I'd like to get things settled with my community server before I jet out to nowhere. lol

Last edited by herpes; 05-30-2013 at 12:26.
altex
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2013 , 13:16   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #4190

Quote:
Alright.

Here are some workshop maps:
[Steam URL] - [Full Workshop Mapname when loaded] - ["fuzzy"* mapname]
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=147259190 - /147259190/gg_lego_spacetower - gg_lego_spacetower
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=147575915 - /147575915/gg_simpsons_glock_tok - gg_simpsons_glock_tok
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=147052492 - /147052492/gg_wolfenstein_3d - gg_wolfenstein_3d

*Term used by Ultimate Map Chooser and their use of Workshop maps, if memory serves...

I'm not sure if this is what's happening or not, but last night/this morning I tested the BSPconvarwhitelist.txt out. Looking through whatever documentation there is, there are several whitelists that block non-stock CS:GO cvar's from being loaded in CS:GO. There's the BSPcvarwhitelist.txt or whatever, and when a map loads it is actually loaded through several layers of configs (to set the game mode, game type, various rules, etc). I think when I place a mapname.cfg in maps/cfg/mapname.cfg to manually unload/load plugins, or enable/disable gungame and other mods through cvars, it's getting stripped/blocked.

IE maps/cfg/de_dust.cfg reads "sm_knifefight_enabled 0" or "sm_cvar sm_knifefight_enabled 0" "sm_cvar gg_disabled" or the commands to manually load/unload plugins, it doesn't happen. Any configs, such as the gg.config.txt that are loaded by the plugin and not map load, will work.

This lead me to this thought: So many plugins go with GunGame, but not with Regular game play. I'll take a peak at the gungame_config plugin and see how you do it, but I think probably the best way to accomplish what I (perhaps a few others?) need is to set up prefix configs to accept other plugin's cvars so that when gungame is enabled, it will enable/disable the related plugins for that maps prefix.

Another thing too: Can you specifically limit/create some code so that in CS:GO the SM:GG mod will enable only when the GameType and GameMode are set to Classic Competition or Classic Casual? My group is looking at possibly playing other gametype/modes, but I'm pretty sure with the prefix configs (for example gg.config.txt) if I were to pop the map gg_lego_spacetower in CS:GO's Deathmatch mode it would probably interfere.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm overly gung ho about this, this has bothered me for awhile. I'm also leaving in the next few days for work in Alaska for 2 months so I'd like to get things settled with my community server before I jet out to nowhere. lol
i definetely want to help to solve this issue (it seems to be easy - just fix the paths in plugins), no metter where it is - in gg or umc or default game configs.
i'm not sure if i'm fit it into few days (because as i know some issue takes time to be fixed, especially such a new functionality like workshop and new game types), so you'd better leave someone to take care about your server while you'll be out there
but i think in alaska there is internet too, so i wish you good luck with the job

Last edited by altex; 05-30-2013 at 13:16.