Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Hack Cam

Post New Thread Reply   

Madness
Old 12-27-2005 , 01:00   Hack Cam
Reply With Quote #1

I can't wait until Hack Cam comes out, sadly I haven't heard any news from them in a while.

Don't know what Hack Cam is?
In simple words:
Quote:
Hack Cam introduces a new concept - spot a cheater by what he does, not what he uses
I suggest you read http://www.steambans.com/news.php?id=1342 and read the interview http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/interview-hackcam.htm to understand.

And you should check out their amazing video of how well it works.
(Mirrors)

http://www.tagtaw.com/The-Space/HCPromo.zip
http://www.grafxd.com/stuff/HCPromo.zip
http://floyd.the-space.net/HCPromo.zip
Psycho-Path
Old 12-27-2005 , 01:53  
Reply With Quote #2

omfg that looks awsome, I looked at the vid's That is the coolest thing ever!

Is that just for source?
Madness
Old 12-27-2005 , 02:10  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho-Path
omfg that looks awsome, I looked at the vid's That is the coolest thing ever!

Is that just for source?
NO! It's for basicly EVERY FPS!
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 12-27-2005 , 04:26  
Reply With Quote #4

HORRIBLE!!

Its a great idea. But im pretty sure its not gonna be a 500kb server plugin.

Quote:
the main system was over 500MB and took nearly all the resources available to it. The current revisions and development versions are less then 1/10th that size now and are requiring less resources by the compile.
Wow that a server plugin that is a little less then 50MB. HOLY SHIT!!!! i would kill myself before i put something like that on my server. I imagine the resources it will need. And there talking of making a CLIENT for it too? Get the F*** outta here.

I agree that this sure is a GREAT product, but not for any FPS game. Especialy something like Source. Since source already takes up alot of resources.

So with that being said, i will tell you that this product will flop. Its like a manufacturer making a 500 inch screen TV trying to sell it. You know it wont sell anything because not ALOT of people have space in their living room for TV that big.
[+]
Old 12-27-2005 , 05:11  
Reply With Quote #5

Woah, a 500 MB plugin. Yea...umm...I'd have to say no. That would have to cause at least some if not a lot of lag. Nice idea though, maybe they could tone it down a bit and it would be an amazing plugin.
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 12-27-2005 , 20:57  
Reply With Quote #6

it was 500. now its less then 1/10th of that. That means < 50 mb. Still thats alot. And im sure valve has thought of it before, but didnt go with it because, well its not an easy thing to do. You need to build a whole architecture for recognizing stuff and the apply it to the game. And thats not something that will take 1-5mb.
Madness
Old 12-27-2005 , 21:25  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecode
it was 500. now its less then 1/10th of that. That means < 50 mb. Still thats alot. And im sure valve has thought of it before, but didnt go with it because, well its not an easy thing to do. You need to build a whole architecture for recognizing stuff and the apply it to the game. And thats not something that will take 1-5mb.
I still think its cool. I'm not saying it'll work businesswise, though. Mostly cause of its size. But I have confidence that it does what it says it does.
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 12-27-2005 , 21:40  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecode
I agree that this sure is a GREAT product, but not for any FPS game. Especialy something like Source. Since source already takes up alot of resources.

So with that being said, i will tell you that this product will flop.
Jordan
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2005 , 22:07  
Reply With Quote #9

I've been waiting for it to be released for SOOO LONG OMG -.- And yes, I'll download it on my server no matter how freaking big it is - I'll remove EVERYTHING for it.
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 12-27-2005 , 23:15  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanwoj
I've been waiting for it to be released for SOOO LONG OMG -.- And yes, I'll download it on my server no matter how freaking big it is - I'll remove EVERYTHING for it.
wont help. i wouldnt be able to join ur own server