0% 

Bad Camper 1.4.239

Post New Thread Reply   

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-12-2005 , 12:50  
Reply With Quote #71

Thank you for the kind words.

I think my implementation of the Snark Attack is different than the one you had pointed out to me. Hopefully you find it on par with, or better than, the other implementation.
Madness
Old 12-25-2005 , 11:42  
Reply With Quote #72

Hey, I found it agravating to not be able to turn the plugin completely off when an admin wanted to, so I added an

amx_camp <on|off>: Turn Camp Meter on or off.

Also, when you restartround the Camp Meter gets buggy, so with this you can restartround then turn it off and then back on to not make it messed up.
Just thought it might be helpful for some of you.

On a side note if someone could give me +1 karma so I'm at 1 or 0 it would be greatly appreciated and I would return the favor.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-25-2005 , 13:51   Re: Bad Camper 1.1 [Released 2005DEC10]
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness
Hey, I found it agravating to not be able to turn the plugin completely off when an admin wanted to
It probably would have been less aggravating had you actually read the descriptions of the CVARs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Options (CVARS)

badcamper_punish <iFlags>
Specifies how a player is to be punished when they camp too long. A value of 0 will disable this plugin.

The flags are additive.
  • 1: Slap
    2: Health Reduction
    4: Sound (set sound via badcamper_sound)
    8: Blind
    16: Money Reduction (requires CSTRIKE module)
    32: Snark Attack (requires Monster Mod)
The default is 12 (snore and blind).
On top of what I had in the plugin since the beginning, the AMXX pause command is available to temporarily stop ANY plugin.

Quote:
Also, when you restartround the Camp Meter gets buggy
It's common practice, especially when a plugin is ACTIVELY maintained, that you tell the author about any bugs and allow them to fix it and make said fix available in the official plugin. Having said that, can you tell me how it gets "buggy"?

Quote:
On a side note if someone could give me +1 karma so I'm at 1 or 0 it would be greatly appreciated and I would return the favor.
Perhaps if you actually did something useful.
Ghost of Infamous
Old 12-25-2005 , 13:53  
Reply With Quote #74

Brad`watching_Pistons has smoten you.

Sounds like you deserved it.
Old 12-25-2005 , 15:54   Re: Bad Camper 1.1 [Released 2005DEC10]
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Stuff
That wasn't very nice.

I read all the cvars and I know what each of them do, that is why your plugin is outstanding.

1) However, the thing I changed was precisely so you don't need to do badcamper_punish and change the flags.

2) You can pause the plugin, but that will not stop the bug from happening.

3) This is not the forum for bugs, nevertheless, I will tell you what it is. When you restartround, the campmeter goes much faster, a result of "activating" itself twice. Therefore, you no longer have 30 seconds to camp, but much less. With the small change I did, you can completely stop the plugin.

4) I really don't understand your anger/annoyance at me. I didn't ruin your plugin, I didn't take it as credit, and I certainly did not target you in anyway. I have been on these forums for quite a while, I know what pausing is, I know what the Cvars do. That is especially not grounds to remove further amounts of karma, especially since I gave you +1 earlier today. :/

5) Its the holidays, kindness all around.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-25-2005 , 23:23   Re: Bad Camper 1.1 [Released 2005DEC10]
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
3) This is not the forum for bugs
Au contraire! If there is a bug with a plugin, you are SUPPOSED to post in that plugin's thread.

Quote:
When you restartround, the campmeter goes much faster, a result of "activating" itself twice. Therefore, you no longer have 30 seconds to camp, but much less.
Hmm... Is this because when you restart the round, the "round_end" event is never triggered?

Quote:
I really don't understand your anger/annoyance at me.
My annoyance is that you went ahead and posted a SMA with your changes without even trying to consult me first. It's, at the very least, common courtesy to contact the author of an actively maintained (hell, even inactively maintained) plugin if you have a problem with said plugin. I find what you did very disrespectful. That's why I'm annoyed.

Quote:
That is especially not grounds to remove further amounts of karma
I gave you negative karma soley because you were asking for karma. That's my standard operating procedure. Had nothing to do with anything else.
jsauce
Old 12-26-2005 , 02:15  
Reply With Quote #77

I found a small bug though I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. I had to go in the sma and completely remove all references to the sound playing and the precaching of the sounds because aupon verifying resources steam would just close. Everytime every person who was trying to connect. Now like I said I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but it was annoying enough to have to remove all the sounds references. After doing this everything works now I just don't get to use heartbeat or snore.

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-26-2005 , 10:48  
Reply With Quote #78

Which game mod are you running?
On Linux or Windows?
You tried it with just snore and then with just heartbeat and in both case the result was the same?
Madness
Old 12-26-2005 , 20:40  
Reply With Quote #79

Quote:
It's, at the very least, common courtesy to contact the author of an actively maintained (hell, even inactively maintained) plugin if you have a problem with said plugin. I find what you did very disrespectful.
The only situation where that would be true is if I took credit for the changes I made, and I did not.
Now, kindly fix the bug for your next update.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-26-2005 , 20:45  
Reply With Quote #80

I didn't say that you NEEDED to consult me, I said that it was common courtesy for one to do so.

Quote:
Quote:
When you restartround, the campmeter goes much faster, a result of "activating" itself twice. Therefore, you no longer have 30 seconds to camp, but much less.
Hmm... Is this because when you restart the round, the "round_end" event is never triggered?
If you answer this, I'll do my best to get the fix in for the next release.