Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

switching mods (configs.ini)

Post New Thread Reply   

ineedhelpz
Old 03-17-2013 , 18:28   switching mods (configs.ini)
Reply With Quote #1

Hey ya'll !

I'm new on this forum, and I have a couple of questions.
- Counter Strike 1.6
- Amx Mod X
- Dedicated server

What I'm trying to achieve with my dedicated server, is to be able to switch mods using:
amxmodmenu
Configuration
1. hns
2. deatmatch
3. surf
4. gungame

Problem is first of all, I have no clue how to costumize the configs.ini file located: (cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs\configs.ini)

I found an example:
"Cstrike DeathMatch" "exec deathmatch.cfg;servercfgfile \'\'" "a" "h"

Is servercfgfile, the same file as server.cfg, who's located in the cstrike folder?
Whats the difference between amxx.cfg and server.cfg?

Say I have different plugins for different mods, how do I do this?

Also tried this in the deatmatch.cfg:
amx_pausecfg pause gungame
amx_pausecfg enable allchat
amx_pausecfg enable deathmatch

this does not work

I also made deathmatch.cfg + deathmatch.plugins.ini + deathmatch.plugins.ini.

To be able to load all of these, and stop the other plugins I dont want on deatmachwhen I hit "2. deathmatch" in the amxmodmenu - configuration, do I need to write this:
"Cstrike DeathMatch" "exec deathmatch.cfg;deathmatch.plugins.ini;deathma tch.plugins.ini \'\'" "a" "h" ? I'm clueless

Really need help.

Last edited by ineedhelpz; 03-17-2013 at 18:31. Reason: misspelled
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-17-2013 , 18:30   Re: switching mods (configs.ini)
Reply With Quote #2

*.plugins.ini is only read on map start, so you would need to change the map to get them to load. Look at the Multi Mod plugins that are available, they do exactly what you are wanting

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
ineedhelpz
Old 03-17-2013 , 18:35   Re: switching mods (configs.ini)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
*.plugins.ini is only read on map start, so you would need to change the map to get them to load. Look at the Multi Mod plugins that are available, they do exactly what you are wanting
Wow thanks for quick answer! But yeah, I was looking into the Multimod. But I dont want players to choose mods, only myself. in the amxmodmenu - configuration

you feel me ?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2013 , 18:38   Re: switching mods (configs.ini)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
*.plugins.ini is only read on map start
IIRC, that is not even a valid plugin ini file and will not load anything at any time. The valid format is: plugins-anything.ini.

@ineedhelpz, The point is that what you are trying to do (switch mods dynamically) is not possible for most mods. A map change is often required. Polymorph and MultiMod are the only options available to do what you want.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedhelpz View Post
Wow thanks for quick answer! But yeah, I was looking into the Multimod. But I dont want players to choose mods, only myself. in the amxmodmenu - configuration
With Polymorph, you can configure it such that only admins can change the next mod. But, as I previously stated, you have to change the map or restart the current map to enable the next mod.

Last edited by fysiks; 03-17-2013 at 18:43.
ineedhelpz
Old 03-17-2013 , 18:43   Re: switching mods (configs.ini)
Reply With Quote #5

Well, I could go back to manually type/remove ";" in the plugins.ini, but thats kind of lame, and I want my admin friends to be able to switch mods using the amxmodmenu-configuration-and choose the mods they want the server to be

Was playing on a free hosted server, who had this kind of system, so I know its possible. But how is another question :/

Last edited by ineedhelpz; 03-17-2013 at 18:46. Reason: miss spell
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2013 , 18:45   Re: switching mods (configs.ini)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Well, I could go back to manually type/remove ";" in the plugins.ini, but thats kind of lame, and I want my admin friends to be able to switch mods using the amxmodmenu-configuration-and choose the mods they want

Was playing on a free hosted server, who had this kind of system, so I know its possible. But how is another question :/
Did you read my post? I'm guessing it's Polymorph. PM me the server IP and I can probably tell you what they are using.
Old 03-17-2013 , 18:58   Re: switching mods (configs.ini)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Did you read my post? I'm guessing it's Polymorph. PM me the server IP and I can probably tell you what they are using.
It's not Polymorph sir. Was looking into your post about Polymorph, gj btw

Ill try to be more clear about my problem/question.

Me and my friends are using my dedicated server, and are playing for fun. Sometimes we play hidenseek, and when we get sick of hidenseek war, and just want to do gungame, I have to remove/add ";" in the plugins.ini then restart the server to get the action done.

What I want, is to type amxmodmenu > configuration in the console (for me and my admin friends) and then choose either hidenseek training, hidenseek war, surf, gungame, deathmatch, and the plugins for each mod gets enabled, and the other plugins not relevant to the mod we choose gets paused. (only in the console not in the chat)

also I want a effect like PCW, with restart and text in the center of the screen "GunGame is loaded - Get ready" something like that.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2013 , 19:03   Re: switching mods (configs.ini)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
What I want, is to type amxmodmenu > configuration in the console (for me and my admin friends) and then choose either hidenseek training, hidenseek war, surf, gungame, deathmatch, and the plugins for each mod gets enabled, and the other plugins not relevant to the mod we choose gets paused. (only in the console not in the chat)
As I said before, it's not possible to do this without changing the map or restarting the map. Trust me, this is why I wrote Polymorph the way I wrote it. It may be possible for some small, less integrated mods but not for most mods, especially deathmatch (CSDM). When pausing and unpausing certain mods they do not work correctly. As I said, PM me the server IP that you claim can do this and I will find out what they are using.
Old 03-17-2013 , 19:08   Re: switching mods (configs.ini)
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
As I said before, it's not possible to do this without changing the map or restarting the map. Trust me, this is why I wrote Polymorph the way I wrote it. It may be possible for some small, less integrated mods but not for most mods, especially deathmatch (CSDM). When pausing and unpausing certain mods they do not work correctly. As I said, PM me the server IP that you claim can do this and I will find out what they are using.
Aight sir, I'll PM. Just give me a sec
ineedhelpz
Old 03-19-2013 , 18:10   Re: switching mods (configs.ini)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Hmmm...
Would it be possible to make a code to just add a "server-restart/mapchange"? (so my request can be done). Really doesn't matter if that happends