Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Just checking in...

Post New Thread Reply   

jsauce
Old 02-03-2013 , 14:30   Just checking in...
Reply With Quote #1

Been a long time since I checked these threads, now that I no longer write plugins or even play counter-strike. It's funny to have read so many threads about my fuckoff plugin that was never really designed to be abused.

I just think its funny so many people think that I would have designed something for people to just abuse other people with, but its interesting to read it all.

It was meant to deal with cheaters and cheaters alone, on the Chronic server, not the entire Internet.

I never released it here, nor would I have done so. Any translations into a language other than English were done without permission, and anyone who straight ripped the code and called it something else also did so without permission.

Anyway, all the people that left me private messages, I'm sorry I will not be updating my plugins to make them work with a newer version of AMXX, nor will I be updating or rehashing the fuckoff plugin.

As for all the people who have left me PMs with niceties, thank you for your support.

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2013 , 00:29   Re: Just checking in...
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsauce View Post
I just think its funny so many people think that I would have designed something for people to just abuse other people with, but its interesting to read it all.

It was meant to deal with cheaters and cheaters alone, on the Chronic server, not the entire Internet.
It was designed to abuse people. Cheater or not, it's still abuse. People should use the better/non-abusive alternative called banning. What a novel concept!

Last edited by fysiks; 02-04-2013 at 00:31.
jsauce
Old 02-06-2013 , 16:23   Re: Just checking in...
Reply With Quote #3

Obviously, trying to explain the nature of the plugin or why it was created or anything wouldn't do any good at this point. I would say, I myself only ever used it twice. Like anything, even a kick or ban is technically abusive, its just a different kind of abuse.

When I wrote that plugin, I was a different person, who made a mistake. I presumed everyone was coming to our server and cheating, and probably 75% of them were. It was an effective tool for dealing with the cheaters for a long time. When I left CS, and left the community, I stopping writing this stuff and assumed it would end after that. I had no idea so many people would 1) Find the plugin, since I never released it 2) Spread it! It was just for the Chronic server I played on.

In my defense, I've had many conversations with people from Valve about it, and either they laughed, or didn't actually care. I said, "You know, if you don't like this, you can just block the code or remove the ability for someone to do this entirely." Like I said, they didn't care, and someone said, if it didn't belong in the game, it wouldn't be there.

I've also had people email me telling me they were going to sue, because it's illegal. Let me say, that's hogwash. When you install any game you accept a license, and part of it basically states that they are not responsible for you installing something on your computer. This is because if something happens as a result that is inherent in the design, than it's your responsibility to not install if you don't like that.

There is simply no law anywhere that would apply, since the game was designed to do exactly what that plugin does, and everyone who uses it, knows it. It's like buying an alligator and then complaining if it bites your foot off.

Having said all that, I've had lots of people email me, or contact me over the years and I just wanted to make clear what my intent was.

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
jonnzus
Epic Member
Old 02-06-2013 , 17:49   Re: Just checking in...
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
I've also had people email me telling me they were going to sue, because it's illegal.
'MURICA
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2013 , 21:18   Re: Just checking in...
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
even a kick or ban is technically abusive, its just a different kind of abuse.
That doesn't even make sense. Disallowing someone from coming onto my property is not abusive at all. They may not like it but it doesn't harm them in any way unlike the plugin in question.

Last edited by fysiks; 02-06-2013 at 21:18.
jsauce
Old 02-22-2013 , 19:45   Re: Just checking in...
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
That doesn't even make sense. Disallowing someone from coming onto my property is not abusive at all. They may not like it but it doesn't harm them in any way unlike the plugin in question.
I guess a ban might not technically be abusive, compared to something like a fence, if we are talking property. But a kick? Certainly, if you decided to kick someone off your property forcefully it would be abusive. So as I said, its technically abusive, which it is.

The Saucy Blog
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2013 , 23:27   Re: Just checking in...
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Certainly, if you decided to kick someone off your property forcefully it would be abusive. So as I said, its technically abusive, which it is.
Wow, you must be quite the aggressor if you assume the only way to get someone off your property would be abusively.

I'm done arguing with the stubborn.
Old 02-28-2013 , 19:18   Re: Just checking in...
Reply With Quote #8

jsauce, i used to play your server all the time under the name Revived Knifer. Miss you dude.