Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Pinion Discussion Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Daniel.PinionGG
Old 01-30-2013 , 22:05   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Hi All,

I'd just like to point out an error in our email. The completion based payments come into effect in MARCH not February - apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loranger View Post
If we just look at Adfoc.us who's offering up to 6$ cpm for a 10 seconds ads + 1 click, im really curious to know why you guys cant do better than that when you are forcing people to watch the ads for 16 seconds+
It's not my style to comment on another companies offering, but I will point out that Pinion buys all impressions from eligible regions, whether we sell them or not. At the times of the year where advertising is slow, you're still getting paid.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 01-30-2013 , 22:07   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel.PinionGG View Post
Hi All,

I'd just like to point out an error in our email. The completion based payments come into effect in MARCH not February - apologies.

It's not my style to comment on another companies offering, but I will point out that Pinion buys all impressions from eligible regions, whether we sell them or not. At the times of the year where advertising is slow, you're still getting paid.
Keep up the good work. Regardless of how much you're getting bashed, you guys are doing all you can, and I respect that.
Old 01-30-2013 , 22:15   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

@Daniel

What ever happened to the Community Council? I got a email a while back about it then never again.
Old 01-30-2013 , 23:16   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

They have proprieties.
Send a message via Skype™ to ElitePowered
cocacolafire
Old 01-30-2013 , 23:45   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

So how are the completion rates working out for people? I plan to start hosting a server, but am unable to constantly pay for it monthly with no income coming from it.

Would some people mind posting their most recent completion rates (january 27th+) so I could see if I should start a server off, or wait until March and see if Pinion goes down the drain?
loranger
Old 01-31-2013 , 06:46   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolafire View Post
So how are the completion rates working out for people? I plan to start hosting a server, but am unable to constantly pay for it monthly with no income coming from it.

Would some people mind posting their most recent completion rates (january 27th+) so I could see if I should start a server off, or wait until March and see if Pinion goes down the drain?
I have a 16 seconds timer which gives me 60-65% completion rate.

That mean im getting paid and average of 1.10$ cpm for forcing people to watch a 16 seconds ads... Im I the only one to realize how much we are getting pwned?

Please dont give me that BS about how they buy impression from all countries.
Proof: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

edit: I just removed pinion from all my servers and I wish good luck to everyone who will force his players to watch the ads for 25+ secs.

Last edited by loranger; 01-31-2013 at 07:12.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 01-31-2013 , 08:42   So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Nobody ever said that Pinion buys impressions from all countries.
Old 01-31-2013 , 12:34   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Why are you all so reliant on Pinion? I just looked up a random server provider (in this case its gameservers.com) and the rate is $15 a month for a 16 slot server. I'm sure other hosts have similar plans.

I made $23 dollars in a day off of two donations on my server with no issue.
So why are people yelling at pinion to increase their rates when you can pay your rent off of a donation or two?

Last edited by Sreaper; 01-31-2013 at 12:35.
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2013 , 13:02   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
Why are you all so reliant on Pinion? I just looked up a random server provider (in this case its gameservers.com) and the rate is $15 a month for a 16 slot server. I'm sure other hosts have similar plans.

I made $23 dollars in a day off of two donations on my server with no issue.
So why are people yelling at pinion to increase their rates when you can pay your rent off of a donation or two?
You lost any credibility the second you said gameservers.com. Good luck with providing your gamers with limitless lag.
Daniel.PinionGG
Old 01-31-2013 , 13:06   Re: So, who will be dropping Pinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Keep up the good work. Regardless of how much you're getting bashed, you guys are doing all you can, and I respect that.
You just made my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearts View Post
@Daniel

What ever happened to the Community Council? I got a email a while back about it then never again.
We've still got a few names, but to be honest we only had four respondents, and I'm hoping to get a few more before we kick it off properly.
Closed Thread