Post New Thread Reply   

Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2012 , 00:25   Re: [L4D2] ﮒkצ Plugins
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jоnny View Post
I think this should be unapproved
on what basis? people post links to their plugins hosted on github and googlecode all the time - for everyones convenience.
Old 10-02-2012 , 01:46   Re: [L4D2] ﮒkצ Plugins
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
on what basis? people post links to their plugins hosted on github and googlecode all the time - for everyones convenience.
People do use those sites, but the people who use them generally post those links in the thread that they belong in. You deleted your plugin threads and now for the people who use the Sourcemod plugin search, will most likely overlook your plugins. (And probably this thread unless they know how to type Sky the way you titled it.)

With that being said, this thread would be better posted in the general section as it's not a plugin. It's also not something that a plugin approver can approve.

Last edited by Sreaper; 10-02-2012 at 02:28.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2012 , 02:28   Re: [L4D2] ﮒkצ Plugins
Reply With Quote #13

the plugin threads were deleted so i could centralize everything. It's more convenient in this form for me, and makes it easier for people to find my plugins. Most people search by my name when looking instead of the title, anyway, due to all of my plugins requiring the same dependency. There are several other plugins posted under new plugins that are set up the exact same way this thread is set up. Since they aren't unapproved - or moved, it would appear the moderators feel it's fine where it is.
Old 10-02-2012 , 04:20   Re: [L4D2] ﮒkצ Plugins
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jоnny View Post
I think this should be unapproved
agreed. if you read the rules of how your posting plugins in this forum, this is not the way you do it.
no one is gonna support plugins that get updated over google code, plus when i checked it out I couldn't even find were to downlaod the plugins, neither how to comment
and start posts etc. if you can't put your plugins here like normal people, then dont do it at all.

Last edited by jake84; 10-02-2012 at 04:23.
Simca
Old 10-02-2012 , 09:26   Re: [L4D2] ﮒkצ Plugins
Reply With Quote #15

Sky you should just upload everything on this thread. And update description so people who don't know ur plugins know what the hell this is... Is it complicated? :/ It would be a shame if this gets unapproved...

Last edited by Simca; 10-02-2012 at 09:29.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2012 , 11:36   Re: [L4D2] ﮒkצ Plugins
Reply With Quote #16

If people know what your plugins do, they can find them by searching for your name (er, wait, no they can't, because you used non-ASCII characters in the thread title).

If people are looking for new plugins, they'll never find your plugins because they aren't in the plugin search index.

While we're at all, all plugin threads require downloads in the thread ("All plugins must have downloads attached", said by Bailopan)

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-02-2012 at 11:38.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 10-02-2012 , 13:15   Re: [L4D2] ﮒkצ Plugins
Reply With Quote #17

There are a number of problems with this kind of thread. First and foremost, as said by Powerlord already, unless if it's a suite of similar plugins (SM Super Commands), they don't belong in the same thread. The result is confusion for the end user, and overall disorganization. While it may make sense for you to combine all your varying plugins into a thread, it's looking like more of a profile, which doesn't really belong in the plugins section either. The other problem is the plugin section doesn't support this behavior with Version Tracking, Categories, and a Description not lining up with what the plugins are. A little organization trick I use is to just watch threads I have a vested interest in, setup a mail filter with labels, and that's that.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-04-2012 , 09:39   Re: [L4D2] ﮒkצ Plugins
Reply With Quote #18

Hello Sky .... You provided the source of SkyRPG V2?!
I'm not able to compile the file: skyrpg_v2 > scripting > "skyrpg.sp"

Error while compiling:

/ / "skyrpg.sp (41): fatal error 120: can not read from file: skyrpg\definitions.sp"
/ / Compilation aborted.
/ / 1 error.

Help Sky !
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 10-04-2012 , 11:53   Re: [L4D2] ﮒkצ Plugins
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayOx View Post
Hello Sky .... You provided the source of SkyRPG V2?!
I'm not able to compile the file: skyrpg_v2 > scripting > "skyrpg.sp"

Error while compiling:

/ / "skyrpg.sp (41): fatal error 120: can not read from file: skyrpg\definitions.sp"
/ / Compilation aborted.
/ / 1 error.

Help Sky !
The web compiler does not support multi-file plugins or plugins that use third-party includes.
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-04-2012 , 18:21   Re: [L4D2] ﮒkצ Plugins
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
The web compiler does not support multi-file plugins or plugins that use third-party includes.
I did not use the webcompiler I downloaded the includes ... apparently just missing this: "skyrpg \ definitions.sp"