Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Jittering yet no lag! Need advice please!

Post New Thread Reply   

nitz
Old 09-05-2012 , 01:20   Jittering yet no lag! Need advice please!
Reply With Quote #1

I used to host my server at home but since my ISP has been screwing up with routings and my players complained a lot, I decided to move the server to a xen VPS that's powered by a Xeon with two cores, 2GB ram, Windows 2003 server and 5Mbps dedicated uplink. (They had plans for 100Mbps shared port but I decided to get the fully dedicated port).

The VPS performance is pretty good, the link U/D speed is at steady 5.2Mbps and the I/O performance is superb.

Most players complained their Counter-Strike would suddenly jitter every 5-15 seconds and I thought it was the crappy domestic connection since I had no issues through the local LAN. Problem is... The problem is still there! And I can feel it too now, I have monitored the server and there is NO FPS drop, NO lag spike... Counter-Strike just jitters in a weird peculiar way, stops then suddenly speeds up like speedhacking.

I've tried HLBooster, mm_timer and also a lot of different rates settings, the only thing that has really solved the problem was to disable every plugin in AMXX. This problem started when I cleared the server and started over with the same plugins like six months ago and it does not affect every player which makes it weird.

Server FPS is steady at around 512, sometimes it does drop but never below 400, my ping connected from the Internet is between 8 and 12, hardly varies and it doesn't when it jitters as seen with net_stat.

I do have many custom plugins but how can I troubleshot it? Do I need to remove one by one and figure out what's causing it?

Code:
amx_super.amxx
amx_super_menu.amxx
napalm_nades.amxx
admin_chat_colors.amxx
frostnades.amxx
amx_parachute.amxx
roll_the_dice.amxx
round_chat_msg.amxx
badspawnspreventer.amxx
bullet_whizz.amxx
damage_Control.amxx
damage_Killed_effect.amxx
galileo.amxx
grenade_enhancer_lite.amxx
map_weapons_manager.amxx
pick_ammo.amxx
pump_knockback.amxx
reconnect_features.amxx
shootGrenades.amxx
sillyc4.amxx
start_hp.amxx
quakesounds.amxx
antiCampersRadar.amxx
amx_gore_ultimate.amxx
auto_join_on_connect.amxx
grab_plus.amxx
lastmanbets.amxx
semiclip.amxx
catchthenade.amxx
amx_lights.amxx
voteban.amxx
knife_duel.amxx
real_flashbang2.amxx
anti_chat_spam.amxx
restrictnames.amxx
peepingTom2.amxx
resetscore.amxx
kifefrags.amxx
final_round.amxx

Last edited by nitz; 09-05-2012 at 01:26.
ancient1
Old 09-10-2012 , 13:59   Re: Jittering yet no lag! Need advice please!
Reply With Quote #2

First thing I would do is comment out the amx.dll from your metamod plugins.cfg

Then see if the server is fine without amx. If it is then comment it back in, and comment out every single 3rd party amx plugin your running, then slowely enable them one at a time, untill the problem comes back.

Thats what I would do!

Ancient