Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!

Post New Thread Reply   

Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2012 , 12:09   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Century19 View Post
I will not pay over $100 for this script
I don't usually like to get involved in pissfights like these, but a bug-free, fully-featured donor plugin with continuing support and updates from the coder is going to cost more than that. You probably won't have any luck finding someone who will provide quality service and a quality plugin for any less than $250.

Or, you could get lucky and somebody will code and publicly release a plugin similar to what you want. It's happened before.
Century19
Old 09-07-2012 , 14:29   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #22

If you don't the amount of pay, you are not fit for the position.

I had a fully functional VIP plugin that worked flawlessly, coded in just a couple of days, and ran me below $100 for a different game.

At this point, its about who wants the money bad enough to want to be able to invest time to building good code.

If you are interested, continue to PM. If you are uninterested, ill ask you keep your comments to yourself.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-07-2012 , 15:59   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #23

And as it has been stated before, if you're not willing to give us some basic information as to what you want, decent coders are not going to waste the time pming you. The ones that will pm you are not the ones that you usuallywant to work with.
Old 09-07-2012 , 16:57   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
And as it has been stated before, if you're not willing to give us some basic information as to what you want, decent coders are not going to waste the time pming you. The ones that will pm you are not the ones that you usuallywant to work with.
Lol I learned that the hard way
dyceman
Old 09-08-2012 , 02:53   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
Well your got it all wrong. The ones that want to work are the ones that will take the time to see what he needs. The lazy ones will complain and won't pm him.
Century19
Old 09-08-2012 , 07:18   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyceman View Post
Well your got it all wrong. The ones that want to work are the ones that will take the time to see what he needs. The lazy ones will complain and won't pm him.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 09-08-2012 , 07:59   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #27

you expect someone to code you a donor plugin for $100 that will earn you thousands a month and when you are told that $100 wont be enough for such you start insulting coders, you seem someone whom everyone would work with..

Last edited by Zephyrus; 09-08-2012 at 08:01.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 09-08-2012 , 11:27   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyceman View Post
The ones that want to work fill out an application that meets an employers expectations. If you don't meet those expectations then you wont get hired.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-08-2012 , 11:35   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #29

Afraid not dyceman, but then again, I wouldn't expect someone who just created an account on these forums to understand. This thread has already derailed a good bit since the original author is not willing to oblige us, so a few more posts of such nature shouldn't be an issue. (waits for a certain to appear)

For those of you that can't understand, many of the programmers here that take requests have rather precious time. We have jobs, families, actual hobbies beyond the little glowing screen in front of us, etc. We're not taking paid requests because we're greedy - it's because our time is better spent elsewhere and your precious idea isn't something the general community can benefit from it. But we're willing to provide a service for a fraction of what we would get paid elsewhere for our experience. We ask that people requesting our time be considerate enough to provide us with some basic information. If you were tasked with going through resumes for a job, would you be morel likely hire the guy with just a cover letter or the resume with work experience, education, past jobs, and goals within the company?

Some of us like to concentrate on specific games. I for example, find CS:S to be within my comfort zone because I have ~10k hours on the game. I know every aspect of the game, so plugins are quite easy. Others like to only concentrate on new or challenging ideas. And even more only take requests based on how long it will take to complete. We as for this basic information because it saves everyone time. Requests like these pop up every day; you expect us to PM each and every one when some of us have been taking requests for years? I don't think so. But that's fine and dandy - if you don't want to provide the information up front, you'll end up getting stuck with one of the coders here that like to stay out of the public eye (for good reason). Good luck!

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 09-08-2012 at 11:42.
Century19
Old 09-08-2012 , 11:47   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #30

thetwistedpanda, I understand where your coming from.. I will take the time to provide a more detailed summary of what I am hoping to have done.

Currently, the only current reward i can offer my players are the standard commands only an actual admin should have access to. I would like to still allow admin powers but to a certain extent limiting some people to maybe only kick/slap while others not given the ability to ban and kick. Perhaps presenting more options to my donors would prompt more players to be more interested in what i have to offer aside from the ability to slap or slay a player for breaking the rules. An example of something i would not want would be player trails as these can typically cause aggravation to the first timers on our community servers. I am open to ideas and may have some ideas i would like to present as well to see if they would be possible. A cool example of something simple i would probably want could be a very simplex 'store' where players can purchase benefits relevant to the mod of the server i am running. Once such a simple beginner friendly system is ready to be thrown on my server, i would also like my players to be greeted with a professional yet friend interface where they can proceed to checkout to begin enjoying the benefits they donated for. I would like my community donors to be thanked and even tracked publically including the amount they donated if possible. Perhaps even receive in-game access to upcoming server events that will take place on our private server? I am looking for innovation simply to make the supporters of my community feel more ease in a home-like environment. I feel any experienced coder has the ability to take on this job. As my money is limited, i recognize quality and i am more than willing to compensate a coder for his work and his time.

If you would like to talk to me first hand more about this position, please do not be afraid to send me a message introducing yourself.

Thank you.

Last edited by Century19; 09-08-2012 at 11:50.