Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)

Post New Thread Reply   

mugen
Old 01-10-2012 , 05:03   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #431

very nice i suppose that you tried it on your server, can you give us the files we needed?

downloadtables, links to files, thank u
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 01-10-2012 , 07:29   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #432

hmm, well as I said you will have to find them on L4Dmaps.com, just goto mods section for l4d2 and then weapons, you'll find them all in there. Then come to allied modders and download sm file/folder downloader and precacher, set it up as to what you want on your server, yes i've tested it myself, there is a limit as to how many melee weapons you can have, if you exceed this you will get glitching...think its around 7 custom melee. I will do you one additional favor...the following vpk is the Ultimate Melee Unlocker for all campaigns, which I created from scratch, didn't take that one from L4DMaps, that one was incomplete and didn't unlock all melee on all campaigns like it said it does, so I rebuilt it and included every melee I added to Melee in the Saferoom, If you are desperate and need help, just PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as I can...I will eventually create a package including all melee weapons on L4DMaps.com, however this will take a fair amount of time to do so.....
Attached Files
File Type: zip ultimate melee unlocker.zip (5.4 KB, 409 views)

Last edited by MasterMind420; 01-10-2012 at 07:32.
xxcarlosxxx
Old 01-10-2012 , 17:44   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #433

Hi mastermind would you mind helping me add this to the server, im a relative novice, read all 44 pages, a quick briefing on what exactly to do in 1 post would be very handy please mate.

Appreciate it.
mugen
Old 01-11-2012 , 08:13   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #434

request total package ready to go
chatyak
Old 08-26-2012 , 03:56   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
hmm, well as I said you will have to find them on L4Dmaps.com, just goto mods section for l4d2 and then weapons, you'll find them all in there. Then come to allied modders and download sm file/folder downloader and precacher, set it up as to what you want on your server, yes i've tested it myself, there is a limit as to how many melee weapons you can have, if you exceed this you will get glitching...think its around 7 custom melee. I will do you one additional favor...the following vpk is the Ultimate Melee Unlocker for all campaigns, which I created from scratch, didn't take that one from L4DMaps, that one was incomplete and didn't unlock all melee on all campaigns like it said it does, so I rebuilt it and included every melee I added to Melee in the Saferoom, If you are desperate and need help, just PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as I can...I will eventually create a package including all melee weapons on L4DMaps.com, however this will take a fair amount of time to do so.....
Would like to see this plugin! As of now, I have this plugin working (from 1st page), but I'd like to get the garbage can, etc.. working as well.

Are you saying we have to 1) downloaded your zip from previous, page 2) download this vpk 3) download l4dmaps skins - then it will work?

I lost you on the sm file precacher portion - never had to use that.

Thank You,
chatyak
Old 08-26-2012 , 16:36   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #436

Also - how would I get the sledgehammer etc... to work online? I do own my server, so is there any way I can add custom melees server side and have it work for everyone?
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 09-02-2012 , 23:45   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #437

yes there is and its a pain in the butt...i fell out of this for awhile and am just getting back into this again...when i have time ill setup mine again and then show you how...its pretty straightforward...the instructions are in Tutorials and snippets under DownloadsTableBlackScreenFix...it requires this and uploading the custom melee files to clients connecting...it took me like 3 weeks to figure it out...if u really need the help send me a PM...
Stixsmaster
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2012 , 10:22   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #438

This mod should actually use my mod here: ALL melee weapons in ALL official campaigns.

Needa description of my mod?

Quote:
Get access to ALL melee weapons you want in ALL official campaigns. This mod supports all 11 official melee weapons and several weapon pack mods.

Host a local game and if anyone's to join and does not have this mod installed themselves it shall not matter. They still will have access to all melee weapons randomly as long as they are connected to YOUR game hosting.

They will see an ERROR for weapons added on to campaign if they do not have the respective mod providing the models installed though.

READ CHANGELOG TO SEE CHANGES MADE AND TO COME!
I jest updated it to v5.0 too. & with my mod you can have up to a total of 29 different melee weapons. + my mod supports ALL official campaigns including ALL official DLC campaigns.

---Stixsmaster

Last edited by Stixsmaster; 09-07-2012 at 10:26.
Send a message via AIM to Stixsmaster Send a message via MSN to Stixsmaster
chatyak
Old 09-07-2012 , 13:50   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixsmaster View Post
This mod should actually use my mod here: ALL melee weapons in ALL official campaigns.

Needa description of my mod?

I jest updated it to v5.0 too. & with my mod you can have up to a total of 29 different melee weapons. + my mod supports ALL official campaigns including ALL official DLC campaigns.

---Stixsmaster
Your mod requires clients to download all the skins, does it not? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Currently I have this working well, and I also got the knife and riot shield to work with it too - by finding 2 vpks on the internet linked off a steam forum. Together, these files give random melees at each map start. The only issue is adding in things like the tennis racket, or foam finger - on all campaigns.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 09-07-2012 , 18:01   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #440

haha not really an issue...i've discovered a way to add any custom models to a server and succesfully upload them to all connecting clients that don't have them...been away from the game for awhile but my work on my ultimate melee unlocker.vpk(unlocks all melee even 6 custom melee on all campaigns) and ultimate melee pack, which includes all the models for 6 different custom melee weapons. The hard part(well not really for me but...)is setting everything up to work properly...but yes it is possible with 2 vpk addons to not only add all melee to all maps but also to add custom ones that clients will successfully download(no black screen on connect issue do to downloadstable glitch...U can PM me if u have questions...and yes without properly uploading the models to clients the new weapons, even knife and riotshield will just glitch, disappear reappear over n over, or better yet u see a giant error sign in place of the melee weapon...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 09-07-2012 at 18:03.