Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!

Post New Thread Reply   

Century19
Old 09-06-2012 , 02:37   [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #1

POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED!

Thank you.

Last edited by Century19; 09-09-2012 at 12:27.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-06-2012 , 04:28   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
There are many skilled coders on these forums, but the ones that are worth hiring are not going to waste time contacting you. Give us what you want up front, or settle for one of the lower wretches that copy/paste code and then complain here to have us fix it, only to drop support as soon as you pay them.
Quote:
As with every topic of this nature, you'll receive far more quality responses if you simply give us basic information as to what your request is.

Quote:
That being said, you're far more likely to find quality coders if you ask on a per-plugin basis with a detailed outline of what you're wanting to commission. Not only does this let us know what we're getting into prior to accepting any job, but you can usually find coders that can be vetted by the community (when in doubt, ask in IRC!). Of course, once you find someone interested you can always keep going back to them for more work if you're satisfied, but if you're just waving dollar signs with no additional information, you're bound to get a lower wretch that doesn't know what he/she is doing, wasting your money and our time (when we have to fix their work!)
Old 09-06-2012 , 13:05   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #3

Saved me from having to go and copy/paste from your other posts panda. lol.
Old 09-06-2012 , 14:20   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #4

For 100$ you would be lucky to get a very limited plugin.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-06-2012 , 16:36   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #5

I think he typo'd and meant 500$
Old 09-06-2012 , 18:27   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #6

Donor plugins definitely don't deserve that high of a payment...
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-06-2012 , 18:43   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #7

It depends on the plugin, these days they're fairly complex or loaded with as many features as a store.
Old 09-06-2012 , 18:57   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #8

They do tend to be outrageously expensive.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-06-2012 , 20:49   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
It depends on the plugin, these days they're fairly complex or loaded with as many features as a store.
Depends on how much they want jam packed. This guy emphasized full. Hey, twisted, how much would you charge for a store/donor/etc. plugin that provided every feature in the playbook?
lol. I watched someone resell skyrpg1 for 80$ (when it used to be posted for free on AM) so I can only imagine what something else as jam packed as that would sell for.

Last edited by Skyy; 09-06-2012 at 20:52.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-06-2012 , 22:04   Re: [REQ] Paying up to $100 for FULL VIP Plugin!
Reply With Quote #10

Skyy, if I had to, I'd write one for $25-30 USD. I see no reason to charge more than that because of the typical demand for store plugins. Although generalizing, I consider donator plugins an offshoot of the store plugin, with just a limited scope of players. It seems that server operators, particularly those of the younger/naive variety, see store plugins as the easy button to populating their server. At that price, one could easily have several buyers with the potential for many more if the store provided desired features. Eventually the market becomes saturated with the plugin and one releases an improved version with all new features and repeat the process.

However, I would only write one under the following circumstances:
  • A core plugin would handle all the credit transactions providing the necessary forwards and natives to other plugins for adding store support.
    • Each "feature" of the store would be segregated into its own plugin, allowing features to be enabled/disabled by disabling the plugin.
      • All-in-one stores are typically very poorly coded as it's so easy to get lost within the code and lose track of what was needed to be done.
  • The plugin would be limited to a single mod type so there's no cross-game maintenance. The mod would likely be limited to one that I have excessive experience playing.
  • And most importantly, core elements of the plugin would only operate as I intended in the interest of efficiency and expandability regardless of what the end-user wants. For example, a common trait of store plugins is to allow players to buy individual trails. I would instead opt for purchasing "categories" or a page of trails, with each category or page providing up to 7 trails. Luckily, the reasoning behind this is relatively simple. Efficiency.
    • Individual: If you want to save what trails players have in a column, you can only have 31 trails using the binary operator &. (1, 2, 4, 8, n..., 1073741824). More than that, your number is too high for SourceMod to use. If you want to save more, you're forced to use a string column and do some fancy exploding ("1,_,3,_,_,_,7,8,9" and then converting that into an array in-game).
      • PHP Code:
            iClientTrails 7;
            if(
        iClientTrails 1)

//add 1 trail from array.

if(iClientTrails 2)

if(iClientTrails 4)

• Page / Category: You can provide support for up to 217 trails using the binary operator &, which is more than enough for normal operation. If you want to save more, then you can simply call the client a buffoon and refuse as 217 is plenty. The trails for each page is stored in an array and that's what is checked with the & operator.
      • PHP Code:
            iClientTrails 7;
            if(
        iClientTrails 1)

//add 7 trails from array.

if(iClientTrails 2)

if(iClientTrails 4)

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 09-06-2012 at 22:21.