0% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-04-2012 , 09:47   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanK. View Post
The problem is that power lord released a faulty 1st_set_abilities.ff2 that does not work at all (for me f didn't). Fixed it by downloading eggmans original in the OP
To be fair, both the version of 1st_set_abilities and freak_fortress_2 that I released immediately following the update were to fix issues caused by the Sound Precache table being filled by the MvM update. Since this problem no longer exists, you shouldn't be using those versions of either file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroAcrobat View Post
bwt: were can I find the config file for the weapons for FF2 ? I never found any :/ I always thought its hardcoded.
That was a feature I was planning on adding to the next version of FF2. However, I'm no longer working on FF2, so you're going to have to ask Otokiru or Steell about it instead.

I've noticed that Steell's Github repo hasn't had any changes pushed to it since he created it; all the changes were from code imported from my Google Code repository before I closed it. That doesn't mean he hasn't made any changes, just that none were pushed to central.

This is the last update I made to it before the MvM code was added and before I started merging in the updated code from VSH 1.39c.

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-04-2012 at 09:52.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-04-2012 , 11:59   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

If you didn't previously change all references to special_dropprop, you'll find as of SourceMod 1.4.5, it will no longer crash the server ("Fixed crash from plugins trying to access nested datadesc members").

However, it still won't work properly... SourceMod 1.4.5 will toss an error on ff2_1st_set_abilities line 595. SourceMod 1.4.6 will log an error (I think) but keep going... and players may be able to stand on the props (the 16 for m_usSolidFlags is FSOLID_NOT_STANDABLE)

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-04-2012 at 12:05.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-04-2012 , 12:08   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
SourceMod 1.4.6 will log an error (I think) but keep going... and players may be able to stand on the props (the 16 for m_usSolidFlags is FSOLID_NOT_STANDABLE)
No, it'll log an error and halt the stack's execution, as any error.
Behaviour will be identical to how it was before - setting those nested props has never worked.
Old 09-04-2012 , 14:11   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
No, it'll log an error and halt the stack's execution, as any error.
Behaviour will be identical to how it was before - setting those nested props has never worked.
In other words, that line should just be commented out?
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ff2_1st_set_abilities.sp - 283 views - 24.3 KB)
File Type: smx ff2_1st_set_abilities.smx (19.2 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-04-2012 at 14:13.
Elvin1396
Old 09-04-2012 , 18:20   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Starpaw View Post
Powerlord they fix the health bar for the eye boss on the update today
Dang it you beat me to it.

Help me gain more space for server files! Use this link to sign up for Dropbox and we both gain an additional 250 MB! http://db.tt/Z2vMLuF
lucasdidur
Old 09-04-2012 , 18:35   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

TF2 Update:

* Fixed Monoculus health bar not showing when Monoculus spawns

May fix boss health bar?

BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2012 , 19:10   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

ignore.. my error

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 09-04-2012 at 20:22.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2012 , 19:47   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I used to do alot of groupwork with Super Mario World hacking (collab coordinator of ASMT).

I dunno how hard this may be for you guys but it seems like console outputs errors, so test the two versions and see what causes problems and cut parts from each that work.

Some week(s) ago I saw people suggesting (or have made) a version of FF2 (infact I think I played it on a server) where instead of numeric health it was Monoculus's hp bar. Wasn't the reason for that because for some reason numeric health broke? Cause it's been fine for me on my test server. I could see it as an optional plugin though.

I'm very tempted to learn how you guys go about making mods/plugins in the first place and maybe doing some stuff myself. I did basically the same with learning Super Mario World hacking and 85c816 Assembly while joining the ASMT collab.

All because I'm a bit grammar nazi over the comments in this plugin.

And how noone can edit the OP to put new versions in.

I'm using 1.06d because I thought that was the latest version. But I'm also using a freak_fortress_2.smx with the ff2oldjump flag.

Last edited by Chdata; 09-04-2012 at 19:51.
Otokiru
Old 09-04-2012 , 19:52   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
This continues to become more and more confusing. What version of FF2 and subplugins are best to use now that we are weeks after MvM

FF2 (106e) ? with this subplugin? or 106d? it is getting very hard to keep track of who has done what and what is fixed or not.

I have seen the Caracter list set voting working on Ravenbro's server, which he said was an edited 106a. I tried his files on Linux and could not see the multiple character set voting to work.

Are we still limited to <25 bosses ?
And I think Powerlord had a version going that used the monoculous health bar, if that is now fixed, is this version now OK? and where is it as I think Powerlord deleted some of his posts when he announced he was walking away from FF2

I have so many versions now I am not sure what is what

++edited++
confirmed that the monoculous health bar is indeed fixed.
POWERLORD, could you repost your last version that used the moculous health bar, if as far as you know it is OK to use? I think you deleted your stuff earlier when MvM screwed us all up
1.06e is based on 1.06d. Which is before the MvM update.
And 1.06e is not a sub-plugin. Sub-plugins refers to all other plugins except for freak_fortress_2.smx (which is the 1.06e). I don't maintain sub-plugins btw~

//Edited
Since you said it Ravensbro char list works on 1.06a, did it work on your server when u're using 1.06a? =\

Last edited by Otokiru; 09-04-2012 at 20:01.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2012 , 20:12   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Well hey, since the latest update, suddenly the monoculus hp bar is showing up even though I didn't change any of my FF2 files.

Now to disable it.

Last edited by Chdata; 09-04-2012 at 20:12.
Closed Thread