Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[replaced by seDirector] SRCDS Admin

Post New Thread Reply   

br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-29-2012 , 12:49   Re: [v2.3.1.0] SRCDS Admin - manage your Source servers
Reply With Quote #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0nw0nk View Post
That sounds cool like a all rolled up in one bundle Looking forward to the new update Although with registry changes reboots are required for effects to be noticed. Will it include the windows firewall settings ?
Oh yeah! My goal is to include everything you mentioned in your post. The program will warn about a restart, of course.

I'm working on getting a forum, bug tracker, and idea box set up for SRCDS Admin. This will greatly improve the current situation.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2012 , 00:56   Re: [v2.3.1.0] SRCDS Admin - manage your Source servers
Reply With Quote #152

CURRENT STATUS
So far so good! I have been making changes and optimizing some of the code. Many users experienced issues due to .NET Framework updates, general Windows updates, and Source engine updates, which ultimately broke the code. I am adding error handlers to prevent cryptic errors and provide more useful errors if they appear in the future. A handful of the bugs have been fixed, but I am continuing to run more tests to ensure compatibility across several environments.

Over the weekend, C0nw0nk gave me the idea to add a Security section to SRCDS Admin due to his detailed post about network security in his post, SRCDS Windows Firewall Security / Hardening. In addition to that, I came up with the idea to add a Troubleshooting section to SRCDS Admin that will perform various troubleshooting tasks such as ping, port tests, and remote testing without the need to launch a server browser.

I will also need to work on the SRCDS Admin Plugin to fix the broken code so that servers will automatically update servers when Steam's content changes.

ADDITIONAL INFO
I am also working on adding a forum, bug tracker, idea box, and an update newsletter for SRCDS Admin. This will greatly improve the current situation of handling things.

In the long run, I plan on developing a mobile app so that you will be able to connect to SRCDS Admin from your mobile device and perform tasks on your servers if needed.

ETA
As you can imagine, this will take a bit more time. The ETA for an update is ASAP. I cannot determine when it will be released because of the amount of testing, and because of the additional Security and Troubleshooting sections. My goal is to have an update released by 8/4/12, with or without the additional sections. This date may change, but I will continue to let everyone know what is happening.

---

I'm grateful for the users that have e-mailed me and posted on forums. If you have ideas or bugs that were not already mentioned, send them to the e-mail address in my signature.

Keep in mind I still have a day job, so if you're checking the forum for updates, I'll most likely see posts outside of M-F 8 AM - 5 PM CST. Right now it is 11:56 PM on Sunday 7/29/12. If your forum settings are correct, it should show the time of this post in your timezone.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
C0nw0nk
Old 07-30-2012 , 07:01   Re: [v2.3.1.0] SRCDS Admin - manage your Source servers
Reply With Quote #153

Sounds brilliant br5dy keep up the good work really looking forward to the beta or new release , Another feature i think would be good is a possible auto update for the application itself to save people constantly checking back to the topic itself for updates.

You are turning it into the ultimate srcds administration tool just the way it used it be. If you need a beta tester i will happly dedicated my srcds servers for the task.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-02-2012 , 10:36   Re: [v2.3.1.0] SRCDS Admin - manage your Source servers
Reply With Quote #154

Hello br5dy, Welcome back !
Only issues I been having is the server restart function (I set it to daily at 4am) doesn't seem to work at all.
None of the servers restart at all.
Also after a server crashes or updates, it will sometimes restart 2 instances on the same server, very odd. This doesn't happen often.

Also are you planing on updating this plugin to steams new (SteamCmd) update tool if Tf2 ever switches to it?

Thanks
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2012 , 20:27   Re: [v2.3.1.0] SRCDS Admin - manage your Source servers
Reply With Quote #155

We manually edit the objects.txt file (in the scripts folder), which after updates, we have to manually copy that back over before we can restart the server......would there be *ANY* way to have something like this automated? If not, that's cool.....if it *is* possible, I'd definitely "pay" for this feature....
ToNic
Old 08-13-2012 , 09:59   Re: [v2.3.1.0] SRCDS Admin - manage your Source servers
Reply With Quote #156

It just continues to restart any server every 30 seconds because it cant check it. I'm on Windows Server 2008 with Agnitum Outpost Firewall. What it uses for test? If it use standard query protocol, I dont see any similar packets.

Last edited by ToNic; 08-13-2012 at 10:28.
Bento
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-14-2012 , 04:19   Re: [v2.3.1.0] SRCDS Admin - manage your Source servers
Reply With Quote #157

Feature Request:

Would be nice to have a simple webpage (running on Lighttpd for example or on a remote webserver) which can communicate to this tool to start/stop/restart the servers.

Thanks,

Bento
Old 08-14-2012 , 16:32   Re: [v2.3.1.0] SRCDS Admin - manage your Source servers
Reply With Quote #158

Hey Br5dy, how's the update coming?
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 08-14-2012 , 16:48   Re: [v2.3.1.0] SRCDS Admin - manage your Source servers
Reply With Quote #159

I have Windows Server 2012 and it dosent seem to work on it.

I cant even get it to work in compatibility mode.

It shows a loading cursor for a bit... then it goes back to the regular cursor.

Last edited by Mitchell; 08-14-2012 at 16:58.
KaJ
Old 08-17-2012 , 18:56   Re: [v2.3.1.0] SRCDS Admin - manage your Source servers
Reply With Quote #160

Request: CS:GO compatibility.