Reply With Quote #111

how to make it so this plugin will...

1) Allow move only while alive
2) Allow move only func_walls named for example: "movingwall"

3) Change amx_ent_oryginallocation that will restore ALL changed walls ? :]
skullynator
Old 04-10-2010 , 12:45   Re: Entmoving
Reply With Quote #112

First of all, hello! How are you you? I have a problem with the entmod. And it is the function: amx_ent_rotate. I have no clue how it works. I give one something like, amx_ent_rotate "5" "17" "23" "613" (5 = X 17 = Y 23 = Z, 613 = The number of the object), it disappears again. Can someone explain this again? (Everything else works ^ ^)
._.
Old 07-24-2012 , 06:42   Re: Entmoving
Reply With Quote #113

1. I has problem on keyvalue "angles" ,when I changed the angles to "0 90 0" with [amx_ent_setkey angles "0 90 0"] ,it returns to "0 0 0" after I load it or copy it. Seems like angles can't be loaded by entmoving.....

2. Also your amx_ent_render still has bug......you can't render with "amx_ent_render 1 128 128 128 255 0" , it seems bugged at RGB's Blue color has problem..

3. EVEN...you should set it can't show any message when you loaded a saved files........When I load a entity with too many keyvalues , it causes me crash when I saw too many keyvalue message impact my console.

Last edited by ._.; 07-24-2012 at 06:54.
Ingram
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2012 , 20:30   Re: Entmoving
Reply With Quote #114

I had no idea anyone still really used this... Havent been around for a while. I'll start from the top.

Ashcan: This is probably too late (2 years later) for you, but someone else may find it helpful. I'll post an update I've been using later. It's in no way complete, but it does allow regular users to move stuff and you to return stuff in the way I think you're looking for. I really only wok on this when I need something :/ so it's pretty me specific now. On the train now, so I'll try to remember for later.

skullynator: Probably same as Ashcan... Rotate has never really worked right... Only on some ents and mods. It really just updates the values for the angles of the ent. I believe I've taken it out.

,_,: I'll have to review this when I get a chance. As you can tell its been years for me and my iPhone doesn't open it .
._.
Old 07-31-2012 , 01:30   Re: Entmoving
Reply With Quote #115

I still using it because Entmod(drunken_f00l's) will cause 512 item limit crash when map's item is nearly 512 , your entmoving isn't cause that problem so I prefer your plugin for HUGE map.

In fact , at recent year, svencoop maps are growing bigger than before , Entmod(Drunken_f00l) won't be so useful like before because Entmod precache some item and cause it over 512limit , I choose you because your plugin can do 80% ability the same as Entmod and nothing precache.

Last edited by ._.; 07-31-2012 at 01:40.
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2012 , 04:24   Re: Entmoving
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
I had no idea anyone still really used this... Havent been around for a while. I'll start from the top.

Ashcan: This is probably too late (2 years later) for you, but someone else may find it helpful. I'll post an update I've been using later. It's in no way complete, but it does allow regular users to move stuff and you to return stuff in the way I think you're looking for. I really only wok on this when I need something :/ so it's pretty me specific now. On the train now, so I'll try to remember for later.

skullynator: Probably same as Ashcan... Rotate has never really worked right... Only on some ents and mods. It really just updates the values for the angles of the ent. I believe I've taken it out.

,_,: I'll have to review this when I get a chance. As you can tell its been years for me and my iPhone doesn't open it .
I used this mod as a basis for coding my Base Builder plugin, but I changed it a lot and improved the speed as much as I could. You can do rotations, but there are a lot of physics problems which are much more apparent when doing non-orthogonal rotations. I solved rotation issues by making maps and having entities tied to an ORIGIN block and then doing pre-determined bounds box swapping. This only worked on orthogonal rectangular prism objects though.

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]
._.
Old 07-31-2012 , 23:31   Re: Entmoving
Reply With Quote #117

For skullynator:

Same angles problem happen when using Entmod(drunken_f00l)

It isn't entmoving's fault , because some entities didn't has "origin" this key, the entity without origin will cause your problem , please checks entity whether it have keys "origin" or not.

Like this:
<One of map's button>
{
"model" "*53"
"wait" "10"
"sounds" "1"
"speed" "5"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"target" "serviceele1_tn"
"rendercolor" "0 0 0"
"spawnflags" "1"
"classname" "func_button"
}

This button has no origin keyvalue in it , so if you set a angles by any ent-tool , it will fly into "origin" "0 0 0".
Ingram
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2012 , 22:48   Re: Entmoving
Reply With Quote #118

Well I'm not sure what Entmod's limit is based on, but this plugin has a limit too... its 100 less than the max ents based on the number of players the server is setup for. Its definitely still possible to crash the server with the plugin tho... mainly with too many ents.

Thats kinda cool with the origin block... I was thinking it was rotating around the centre of the map. Maybe you can fix the origin using FM_KeyValue when the map starts or making a copy of the ent.

For the updated plugin, its really not in working condition... too much setup for the current server I'm running it on, which we made stocks for and use a database. Since I don't have time to fix it up, I'll PM it to anyone interested (,_, in a minute).
._.
Old 08-09-2012 , 23:58   Re: Entmoving
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
Well I'm not sure what Entmod's limit is based on, but this plugin has a limit too... its 100 less than the max ents based on the number of players the server is setup for. Its definitely still possible to crash the server with the plugin tho... mainly with too many ents.
You means the -num_edicts 3072 ?
Yes it is the max limit of entities of GoldSrc , in fact , if you creates too many entities with drunkf00l's Entmod , it will happen the same of your said , I believe that is not your plugin problem , any ent-tool with create ability will cause it.

BUT , 512 item limits =/= num_edicts 3072 , it is max limit of map-spawned Models & Sprites , so if a map's or (map+plugins)'s models+sprites amount surpassed 512 , it will backfire or crash.

In my case of Entmod 512 limit crash , when I run map with name "ragemap2012_2" with Entmod ,because Entmod auto adds many sprites and models, the Item limit increase in 510/512 , and player model include in it so it increase in 511/512 , if joins more than 1 player , it will cause crash because it surpass with 513/512.
But if I close the entmod , the ragemap2012_2 can contains 32 players , so Entmod isn't useful because it caused 512 model+sprite limit crash.

Last edited by ._.; 08-10-2012 at 00:02.
Ingram
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2012 , 12:15   Re: Entmoving
Reply With Quote #120

Hmm, I'm not sure because thats comparing source to original. I believe the max entities in HL is something like 1000+15*(32-maxplayers).