Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Immunity Modes

Post New Thread Reply   

Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-09-2012 , 09:17   Immunity Modes
Reply With Quote #1

I'm a little late to the party when it comes to the development history of Z:R, but I've read the Google code pages, manual and this forum to try to catch up with all of the changes/suggestions made over the years. The one that piques my interest the most is the Immunity modes for human classes.

Richard has mentioned previously that he was waiting a stable Beta 2 version however the talks about damage modes and immunity seem to have stalled just on 2 years ago. Is this still a planned feature for Z:R or did it end up not being possible to do?
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2012 , 10:30   Re: Immunity Modes
Reply With Quote #2

Pretty much all development of ZR stalled two years ago because of other priorities. Immunity modes aren't forgotten and should be possible.

The new version is a major redesign so we will first try to get the classic game working before starting on additional features. A lot is already done (mostly by Greyscale), but a few major features are remaining before it's playable.

We haven't yet started planning how immunity modes should be implemented. It will touch several core parts in the plugin and we need to figure out an elegant integration. For certain, this feature won't go in the current stable branch.

I'm slowly catching up on development on the new version now.

Off topic: Most of the work has been development of a framework and utilities (~12,000 lines) that will make it easier to develop features in the plugin.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 07-09-2012 at 10:33.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby