Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Menu Issues

Post New Thread Reply   

Kensai
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2005 , 23:21   Menu Issues
Reply With Quote #1

Okay. I've had this problem for quite awhile now. No idea why, but my menu is way screwed up.

Everytime I go to the menu by typing "/ninjamenu" it automatically sets my class to "Strong", and the menu doesn't show.

the second time I type it, it gives me the error that "I'm already a Strong Ninja, pick something else". And shows the menu, but I can't close it using the Exit button. Pretty sure that's just a chuunk of code I left out, but doesn't explain the above errors.

Here's the menu code.

Code:
    register_menucmd(register_menuid("menu_ChooseType"),1023,"DoChooseType");

Code:
public ChooseType(id) {             new menu[192]       format(menu, 191, "Ninja Mod: Choose Ninja Type^n^n1. Strong^n2. Fast^n3. Stealthy^n4. Balanced^n^n0. Exit")       new keys = (1<<0)|(1<<1)|(1<<2)|(1<<3)|(1<<4)     show_menu(id, keys, menu, 15, "menu_ChooseType")               return PLUGIN_HANDLED }   public DoChooseType(id, key) {             switch(key) {                   case 0: {                             if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_STRONG) {                                     client_print(id, print_chat, "[Ninja Mod] You are already a Strong Ninja! Choose something else!")                   ChooseType(id)                             return PLUGIN_HANDLED               }                           PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_STRONG             set_user_maxspeed(id,320.0)             cs_set_user_model(id,"models/player/ninja.mdl")             client_print(id, print_chat, "[Ninja Mod] You are now a Strong Ninja!")                           return PLUGIN_HANDLED         }                   case 1: {                             if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_FAST) {                                     client_print(id, print_chat, "[Ninja Mod] You are already a Fast Ninja! Choose something else!")                   ChooseType(id)                   return PLUGIN_HANDLED               }                           PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_FAST               set_user_maxspeed(id,1000.0)             cs_set_user_model(id,"models/player/ninja.mdl")             client_print(id, print_chat, "[Ninja Mod] You are now a Fast Ninja!")                             return PLUGIN_HANDLED         }                     case 2: {                             if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_STEALTHY) {                                     client_print(id, print_chat, "[Ninja Mod] You are already a Steatlhy Ninja! Choose something else!")                   ChooseType(id)                   return PLUGIN_HANDLED               }                           PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_STEALTHY               set_user_maxspeed(id,320.0)             cs_set_user_model(id,"models/player/ninja.mdl")             client_print(id, print_chat, "[Ninja Mod] You are now a Stealthy Ninja!")                             return PLUGIN_HANDLED         }                         case 3: {                             if(PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_BALANCED) {                                     client_print(id, print_chat, "[Ninja Mod] You are already a Balanced Ninja! Choose something else!")                   ChooseType(id)                   return PLUGIN_HANDLED               }                           PlayerClass[id] = CLASS_BALANCED               set_user_maxspeed(id,320.0)             cs_set_user_model(id,"models/player/ninja.mdl")             client_print(id, print_chat, "[Ninja Mod] You are now a Balanced Ninja!")                             return PLUGIN_HANDLED         }     }           return PLUGIN_HANDLED   }
Send a message via AIM to Kensai Send a message via MSN to Kensai
Kensai
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2005 , 18:49  
Reply With Quote #2

Anyone?

If no one knows, does anyone know a similar way to do this, that works?
Belsebub
Old 10-29-2005 , 19:09  
Reply With Quote #3

change
Code:
new keys = (1<<0)|(1<<1)|(1<<2)|(1<<3)|(1<<4)
to
Code:
new keys = (1<<0)|(1<<1)|(1<<2)|(1<<3)|(1<<9)
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2005 , 19:19  
Reply With Quote #4

That really wont do anything, it will just change the keys...
Belsebub
Old 10-29-2005 , 20:24  
Reply With Quote #5

yes i know, i changed them so he can exit the menu
Kensai
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2005 , 20:27  
Reply With Quote #6

LOL! Duh.

Ok thanks man. But my main problem is the setting of the player class when they enter the menu.

I also want it to pop up for players that first join.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2005 , 20:45  
Reply With Quote #7

Code:
#define TASK_SHOW 854894894 public client_connect(id) {      set_task(10.0, "showMenu", TASK_SHOW+id) } public showMenu(id) {     id-= TASK_SHOW    // Show menu here }
Kensai
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2005 , 21:04  
Reply With Quote #8

What's with the define? What does 854894894 do?

Thanks for code.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2005 , 21:07  
Reply With Quote #9

Just defines it to some random number, so if some other function of another plugin uses remove_task() chances are it wont remove that task your plugin uses....
Batman/Gorlag
Old 10-30-2005 , 01:39  
Reply With Quote #10

Actually you should use client_putinserver, not client_connect. client_connect is called when a player starts connecting to the server. client_putinserver is called when the user is actually in the game, meaning the user has fully connected, and not still connecting.

My point is use client_putinserver to make the menu pop-up when the player first joins in the game. That way you can also avoid setting a task as well.

So your modified code would look like this:

Code:
public client_putinserver(id) {    //call the menu function to show the menu and do stuff. }

Makes life easier doesn't it?