Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Simple Chat Colors (Redux)

Post New Thread Reply   

bubbabyte
Old 03-26-2012 , 14:01   Re: Simple Chat Colors (Redux)
Reply With Quote #141

Just figured out that for my "bcgk" admin group, i actually had to put the whole "bcgk" in the cfg for flag, as it wouldn't recognize one flag letter by iteself.

Last edited by bubbabyte; 03-26-2012 at 14:13.
Endangered Feces
Old 03-26-2012 , 22:14   Re: Simple Chat Colors (Redux)
Reply With Quote #142

Only problem I'm encountering so far is when someone uses a name with } { symbols in it, the plugin seems to be adding a letter to their name. I believe the brackets are confusing the plugin as part of the code perhaps?

For example, someone with }CO{ "clantags" chats it shows as }COi{

How to get around this?
bubbabyte
Old 03-26-2012 , 22:30   Re: Simple Chat Colors (Redux)
Reply With Quote #143

I can't seem to get a specific IP to work.. i've gotten group flags to finally work but i can't get a specific person to have a tag/color.
Alex4108
Old 03-26-2012 , 23:49   Re: Simple Chat Colors (Redux)
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endangered Feces View Post
Only problem I'm encountering so far is when someone uses a name with } { symbols in it, the plugin seems to be adding a letter to their name. I believe the brackets are confusing the plugin as part of the code perhaps?

For example, someone with }CO{ "clantags" chats it shows as }COi{

How to get around this?
Same problem here. ={r}= ={rG}= or ={rGA}= causes some messed up output like:

={{rGA}=
=N{rGA}=

or something of the like.

As you said, i too have a strong feeling the plugin doesn't know how to handle brackets in the name. Can anybody point us in a direction of a fix? Just a temp one perhaps until the next update?
Yolo
Old 03-31-2012 , 11:03   Not Working
Reply With Quote #145

I have used my steam ID as I am the owner of my server. My code looks like this, but nothing changes when I upload it to the server:
Code:
"STEAM_0:1:45015271"
	{
		"tag"						"[Owner]"
		"tagcolor"				"{R}"
		"namecolor"			"{G}"
	}
Thanks, Yolo
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 03-31-2012 , 11:30   Re: Simple Chat Colors (Redux)
Reply With Quote #146

This is an excellent plugin. You know what would make it better? If there was a command with which users could toggle their own chat colors. Say, for instance, that users with the b flag automatically get green text and an [Admin] tag. Maybe they want to "go undercover" and remove the color. If there was a way that they could toggle it, that would be excellent.
Old 03-31-2012 , 13:43   Re: Simple Chat Colors (Redux)
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
This is an excellent plugin. You know what would make it better? If there was a command with which users could toggle their own chat colors. Say, for instance, that users with the b flag automatically get green text and an [Admin] tag. Maybe they want to "go undercover" and remove the color. If there was a way that they could toggle it, that would be excellent.
The only way I get around this to go "undercover" is to use the /me plugin which applies thirdperson chat and is in team color...but yeah it is annoying to do and what you suggest would be much better.
Towlie
Old 04-04-2012 , 19:53   Re: Simple Chat Colors (Redux)
Reply With Quote #148

Are there any plans to add mysql Support to this? The reason i am asking this is because it's really annoying to change every config file on every server for each new admin. But anyways very great plugin thank you!
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-04-2012 , 20:55   Re: Simple Chat Colors (Redux)
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towlie View Post
Are there any plans to add mysql Support to this? The reason i am asking this is because it's really annoying to change every config file on every server for each new admin. But anyways very great plugin thank you!
Set it for a "Group" that way when you add/remove an admin from that group it just removes/adds that way so you don't have to do each one. You can manage groups with diff flags thru Sourcebans.
LiilCraZy
Old 04-06-2012 , 19:48   Re: Simple Chat Colors (Redux)
Reply With Quote #150

So i got this for my server, change everything to it. But when i went in-game and typed soemthing the tag or colors doesn't show?