Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Trying to learn to make a trigger that fires on ANY player

Post New Thread Reply   

Professor Chaos
Old 02-15-2012 , 08:03   Trying to learn to make a trigger that fires on ANY player
Reply With Quote #1

I have been searching and using the trial and error method while trying to make triggers that do the following:

1: A trigger that fires whenever ANY player moves through it that turns that player into a heave and forces them to be in melee mode. only if they pass the trigger. (heavy boxing room)

2: Same as above but only forces the player to melee. (melee any class room)

I have managed to get players to go heavy and to go melee, but not every player that passes the trigger and not both functions at the same time.

My main issue is the trigger functioning on every player passing through it.

I figured the best way to do this is to make a plugin that hooks when a player passes through a trigger and then issues the functions on that specific player and then also to any that pass through afterwards.

I have tried point client commands, server commands with trigger_multiples, but they just don't work on everyone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ( I have found the wiki's and sites of that nature however, they aren't in-depth enough to give examples of what i am trying to do)

I realize that with enough time, I will figure it out, but quite frankly I'd like to have an example or something.

I have also pulled *similar* examples from this forum, but they don't do what i need them to do.

By the way, I have tried using "fireuser" outputs on the triggers and since there are only 4 per trigger and relay, they don't cover all of the players.

~Chaos

Last edited by Professor Chaos; 02-15-2012 at 08:04.
Professor Chaos
Old 02-19-2012 , 11:20   Re: Trying to learn to make a trigger that fires on ANY player
Reply With Quote #2

figured it out.
Old 02-19-2012 , 12:00   Re: Trying to learn to make a trigger that fires on ANY player
Reply With Quote #3

I ended up writing my own plugin which is a client command to set the player to melee and one to set the player to heavy and melee and just added outputs to teleporters to execute the commands with point_clientcommand.

works every time, so my problem is solved.

I would like to thank the posters on these forums for their plugins which were invaluable in helping me make my own plugin(s).

However, as a newb SM scripter.... i didn't save my source code <facepalm> so until i re-write the sp's, i won't be posting the plugins. Once i DO get the code on file, i will post the plugins and source in order to help other newb's that are trying to learn as well.

~Chaos

Last edited by Professor Chaos; 02-19-2012 at 12:02.