Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[REQ]anybody have genesi's /vcom plugin?

Post New Thread Reply   

nightstalker
Old 11-29-2011 , 16:13   [REQ]anybody have genesi's /vcom plugin?
Reply With Quote #1

anybody care to share Genesis /vcom voicechat system plugin?

I've seen this in various servers and its very useful plugin against annoying voice spammers when admins are not present..

I was pretty sure he released it here for pub but now i cant find it anywere..

What it practically does is players could type /vcom and a menu pop out, with different channels, blue channel, red channel, and a mute channel.

and also a /vcommute command to mute individual player.

Last edited by nightstalker; 11-30-2011 at 09:21.
Erox902
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2011 , 16:48   Re: anybody have genesi's /vcom plugin?
Reply With Quote #2

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=52059
Go onto his statistics
click find all threads started by *
Now scroll 'till you find
nightstalker
Old 11-29-2011 , 16:57   Re: anybody have genesi's /vcom plugin?
Reply With Quote #3

nowere to be found in his statistics..

the plugin was based on this:

but for some reason the author deleted it, thats why its trashed.

I'm pretty sure got the hold of the plugin before being deleted..thats why im askin if someone got a hold of it..
joshknifer
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2011 , 17:00   Re: anybody have genesi's /vcom plugin?
Reply With Quote #4

If the author deleted it and it is no longer public, you will probably not have any luck posting here, but I do have a copy of it. I don't know if it alright to post though...

Last edited by joshknifer; 11-29-2011 at 17:04.
Send a message via Skype™ to joshknifer
nightstalker
Old 11-30-2011 , 09:20   Re: anybody have genesi's /vcom plugin?
Reply With Quote #5

Joshknifer gave me a wrong plugin, its not even GENESI'S author...I clearly stated that plugin is nowhere to be found in amxmodx.

I don't need this:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=49863

I need this:

they are both ENTIRELY different.

here is the description;

vcom 1.0 (Advanced Voice COMmunication System)

Vcom is a complicated plugin to fully understand; however you don't need to fully understand it in order to receive many benefits from having it. The short and sweet of it is, its an advanced voice communication system for admins and players alike, providing a few features that aren't available to my knowledge using any other voice communication plugin at the time being.

these are the basic commands
bind a key to +vcom (for speaking)
and say /vcom in the server (for changing channel)

Vcom is a plugin I have always wanted to write, but until recently didn't exactly know how to go about it. It is a decendent of the vocom plugin, but adds many new features.

vcom is a voice communication plugin where there are separate channels (think of it like a mini ventrilo server) and rules for those channels. One of the nice things with this plugin is there is no need to bind a key to talk to a specific channel, if you had to you might easily take up 5 or so binds) channel I will start at the bottom.

There is the VOID channel it is the lowest, when you go into the void channel you will hear absolutely no voice traffic except when an admin is speaking in the BROADCAST channel.

There is the alltalk channel which is the standard channel for most players, it works like any alltalk channel you talk to everyone in the server that is in the channel, and since you automatically tune to the alltalk channel when you connect only the people who explicitly opt out will hear you.

There is the blue channel which admins that have the letter I (ADMIN_CHAT) can use by tuning it, the admin permission required is easily defined within the plugin so you can tweak it up or down as you see fit. You can even set it to zero meaning anyone can tune to it; however, this would increase the possibility of ghosting.

There is the green channel which is basically the same as blue but requires higher access to enter N (ADMIN_LEVEL_B).

There is the red channel which is like the previous two but requires extremely high admin to enter Q (ADMIN_LEVEL_E)

Finally there is the BROADCAST <Q (ADMIN_LEVEL_E) > channel where admins can make a quick announcement to everyone and anyone in any channel will hear this chat, so hopefully your admins that can access this use is sparingly. The broadcast channel also has another feature it listens to every single channel simultanously, so "super admins" could use it to make sure people in lower channels aren't ghosting etc.

players can easily change channels by saying /vcom which will pull up a menu and allow them to change channels or see what channels everyone is in.

to speak using vcom you bind a key to +vcom and use it to speak in the channel that are currently in.

admins can use vcom_global_mute <player name> to mute an annoying player in the server and this will mute all voice traffic from this player until he reconnects or map changes. if the player continues to be abusive I recommend using your normal server punishments to handle it.

all players can mute a specific player for themselves, by using vcom_mute <player name>.

admins can summon a person (into the channel that that admin is currently in) to a channel that they would not normally be able to get into by using vcom_summon <player name>

then once the admin is done speaking with that person he can dismiss them vcom_dismiss <player name> and they will return to the alltalk channel.

players can also use the vcom_channel command from console to change channels assuming they have proper permission to. incidentally the broadcast channel is only accessible via the console for security reasons. vcom_channel c will tune to the broadcast channel.

I'm sure its a pretty simple plugin, if anyone could just script this for me that will be great.