0% 

Polymorph: Mod Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

SGT
Old 11-13-2011 , 04:44   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I don't think you read the second half of my post (the part after the 10 minutes).
I did, it does nothing new. It just lets me pick the next mod. I still have to manually change the map or/and rtv.
Black4Dragon
Old 11-13-2011 , 06:08   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #462

This is the mod I'm using: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=123633
And no, it's not the first run, the server is currently running with mods, but without Death Race because it makes the server crash. The server is crashing not the polymorph, and it keeps restarts until I delete plugins-polymorph.ini and then it starts normally, I know how to use polymorph, and when the mod was changed to Death Race in the plugins-polymorph.ini appears as it should. I repeat, at first time when I added this mod it worked, and after some time that it worked, it suddenly maked the server continously restart. I remade the server because I tought it's a server problem, but again first time and second time the Death Race worked, and after it keeps making the server restart.
When I say "it worked 1 or 2 times" I mean that polymorph succesfully changed the mod to Death Race.

What do you need from server to can resolve the issue?
If it works one or two times why after this the server is restarting ?

Last edited by Black4Dragon; 11-13-2011 at 06:13.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-13-2011 , 06:24   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT View Post
I did, it does nothing new. It just lets me pick the next mod. I still have to manually change the map or/and rtv.
Did you edit it for the map that you wanted? It won't work if you use the Get Plugin link.

Last edited by fysiks; 11-13-2011 at 06:24.
Black4Dragon
Old 11-13-2011 , 07:00   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #464

I added your plugin on my server too, and it is working if you modify corectly the .sma file!
I post this to clarify a thing: when i said crash i said server crash ( Don't send error/Not responding ) and my server has auto turn on after a crash, thats why it keeps restarting.
I hope you can do something .
SGT
Old 11-13-2011 , 08:43   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Did you edit it for the map that you wanted? It won't work if you use the Get Plugin link.
Yes I did. When I type amx_nextmod 4, it says nextmod will be mod 4. That's it. It doesn't actually change the mod. Doesn't the core plugin already use the amx_nextmod command? Perhaps you need to change the command itself [in the new plugin]. amx_newmod? or something like that.
Black4Dragon
Old 11-13-2011 , 08:51   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #466

See this code that fysiks wrote?

PHP Code:
include <amxmodx>
public 
plugin_init()
{
 new 
szNum[2]

get_localinfo("boot"szNumcharsmax(szNum))
 if( 
szNum[0] != '1' )
 {

server_cmd("amx_nextmod 1")

set_task(1.0"cmdChangeMap")
 }

set_localinfo("boot""1")
}
public 
cmdChangeMap()
{

server_cmd("changelevel map_name_here")

See on line 8 the "amx_nextmod 1"? The mods are listed in the way you added them in the polymorph folder (ex 0_modname it will be the first, 1_modname it will be the second, and so on). You can change that "1" in what number of mod you want and the server will start with that mod.
On line 15 you change the "map_name_here" with a name of a map that your mod has in its Mod-maps.ini.
After doing that you compile the plugin, add it to plugins and you add it to plugins.ini.
After you made all those try to restart your server and see if it starts with the mod you wanted.
It will work, at least it worked for my server.
Hope i helped you .

Last edited by Black4Dragon; 11-13-2011 at 08:55.
SGT
Old 11-13-2011 , 09:09   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #467

Oh, I get it now. So it won't change to that mod when I type amx_nextmod, but rather it would pick that mod and map when the server crashes? right?

Thanks.
Black4Dragon
Old 11-13-2011 , 09:20   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #468

Yes, this plugin written by fysiks automatically changes the server mod and map after a crash (server restart). Usually after a crash the server starts with the last mod written in plugins-polymorph.ini and with the first map (mine is de_dust2).
So if you want a plugin like the one you said you should ask fysiks for another plugin .
But if you want to change to the mod that you wrote in that plugin and type amx_rcon restart 1 in the console, the server will restart and will begin with that mod.

And there is another way to do that , do amx_nextmod x , where x is number of the mod, and then changelevel map , and the name of the map MUST be in the mod's mod-maps.ini. This will work, you can deduce it by what this plugin does.

Glad that i could help you.

Last edited by Black4Dragon; 11-13-2011 at 09:58.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-13-2011 , 21:14   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4Dragon View Post
See on line 8 the "amx_nextmod 1"? The mods are listed in the way you added them in the polymorph folder (ex 0_modname it will be the first, 1_modname it will be the second, and so on). You can change that "1" in what number of mod you want and the server will start with that mod.
You should not that the number given to the amx_nextmod command may not match the number in the filename in the polymorph folder. Use the amx_nextmod command without any arguments to get the list of mods with their corresponding number. Normally, using the command "amx_nextmod 1" will change to the mod in the file named "0_modname.ini". Therefore, amx_nextmod 0 WILL NOT do anything, you must start at 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT View Post
Oh, I get it now. So it won't change to that mod when I type amx_nextmod, but rather it would pick that mod and map when the server crashes? right?
I did nothing to change the functionality of amx_nextmod. It is the same as it always was. The plugin that I posted above causes the following sequence of events:

1. The server starts for the first time (or after a crash)
2. The server loads the map in the command line.
3. The amx_nextmod command sets the next mod.
4a. One second later it changes the map to "map_name_here".
4b. Consequently, Polymorph will rewrite the plugins-polymorph.ini file when the server tells the plugin that the map has ended.
5. Now, when the map has changed to "map_name_here" it will be running the mod that you specified in the plugin above (by the number which I just chose to put 1 and can be changed to 2 or 3 etc.).

Everything should be automatic, you shoudn't need to do anything (which is what you asked for ).
Old 11-14-2011 , 04:05   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #470

I understood, have you managed something with Death Race ?