Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Plays crit sound to a spy when getting a backstab
    Old 07-01-2010 , 20:40   [TF2] Spy backstab sound with tf_weapon_criticals off
    Reply With Quote #1

Only useful for servers with tf_weapon_criticals set to 0.

Problem: If tf_weapon_criticals is off on your server, spy backstabs work, but you do not get the raised knife animation or crit sound.

Solution: Manually play the crit sound to the spy when getting a backstab.

Ideally it should fix it so you get a real crit, but I'm using this very simple plugin on my server, it works great, and figured it might be useful to others.

My hope is someone sees this and gets inspired to fix the knife animation somehow, so I can use their plugin.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (spyfix4nocrits.sp - 1707 views - 795 Bytes)
    nedak
    Old 11-19-2010 , 23:30   Re: [TF2] Spy backstab sound with tf_weapon_criticals off
    Reply With Quote #2

A knife animation fix would be great.

Thanks.
    Matheus28
    Old 11-20-2010 , 12:49   Re: [TF2] Spy backstab sound with tf_weapon_criticals off
    Reply With Quote #3

What about enabling crits and using TF2_CalcIsAttackCritical to disable crits? That would work for both sounds and animation.
    Kevin_b_er
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 11-21-2010 , 02:43   Re: [TF2] Spy backstab sound with tf_weapon_criticals off
    Reply With Quote #4

Yeah but prediction will mean people will "see" random crits on their client prediction, but they won't be crit.

Could try something crazy like lying to the client that is the spy that crits are on, then they'll get animations. Only the spy's gun can fake crit then.
    Old 08-29-2011 , 00:08   Re: [TF2] Spy backstab sound with tf_weapon_criticals off
    Reply With Quote #5

No one ever got inspired? I miss the animation.
    moxie2020
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-10-2011 , 00:28   Re: [TF2] Spy backstab sound with tf_weapon_criticals off
    Reply With Quote #6

This is not working for me as described. Anyone else having any luck? If so does it work both was say if you have a vote to turn crits on and off?
    moxie2020
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-28-2011 , 17:30   Re: [TF2] Spy backstab sound with tf_weapon_criticals off
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matheus28 View Post
    What about enabling crits and using TF2_CalcIsAttackCritical to disable crits? That would work for both sounds and animation.
    Is there a solution for this? The plugin doesn't work and without the animation it is confusing anyway. Seems like I am the only one who wants a no crit server that runs properly.
    moxie2020
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-28-2011 , 17:32   Re: [TF2] Spy backstab sound with tf_weapon_criticals off
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kevin_b_er View Post
    Yeah but prediction will mean people will "see" random crits on their client prediction, but they won't be crit.

Could try something crazy like lying to the client that is the spy that crits are on, then they'll get animations. Only the spy's gun can fake crit then.
    I would be happy if only the spy could crit. I just want the animation and sound to work and to be an other wise no crit server. Do you know a way to do this?