Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Force Sudden Death on CP maps

Post New Thread Reply   

aeroplane10
Old 09-08-2011 , 10:11   Force Sudden Death on CP maps
Reply With Quote #1

I have about 3 CP maps on my server but I'm tired of waiting for one of the two teams to capture all the points for the game to end. As you probably know, after the time runs out it goes to overtime for about 10 seconds but it stays on 0.00 forever. Instead, I would like the game to force Sudden Death enabled so they can have a melee fight with no re-spawn until everyone on one team are dead. Just like Arena. I already have a plugin that forces Sudden Dead to be melee only and all the other game mode like (Push CP) and CTF work just fine.
If there is anybody that would be able to accomplish this, It would be awesome.
Thanks!!!!
BTW: I already try using cvars to enable Sudden Death but they don't do anything and I don't want to touch the maps since I don't do mapping.
Old 09-12-2011 , 15:00   Re: Force Sudden Death on CP maps
Reply With Quote #2

What's going on?
Nobody is interested on this?
Old 09-12-2011 , 16:15   Re: Force Sudden Death on CP maps
Reply With Quote #3

Sudden Death Melee Redux has a sm_forcestalemate command. You could use that plugin for that purpose and optionally strip out all the Sudden Death Melee stuff.
aeroplane10
Old 09-15-2011 , 10:02   Re: Force Sudden Death on CP maps
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazpaimon View Post
Sudden Death Melee Redux has a sm_forcestalemate command. You could use that plugin for that purpose and optionally strip out all the Sudden Death Melee stuff.
Is this supposed to work on a regular 5 points (Control Point) map?
I'm asking because when the time runs out and any team captured all the points, nothing happens. It just stays on 0.00 forever. I'm trying to use the command sm_forcestalemate but it doesn't forces Sudden Death to start at all. Besides, is this command supposed to have a value next to it like sm_forcestalemate 1 or 0? when I exec the command on my console it doesn't show on what value it is at the moment.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!!!
Old 09-15-2011 , 11:52   Re: Force Sudden Death on CP maps
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroplane10 View Post
I have about 3 CP maps on my server but I'm tired of waiting for one of the two teams to capture all the points for the game to end. As you probably know, after the time runs out it goes to overtime for about 10 seconds but it stays on 0.00 forever.
I'm not sure what you're done to your server, but symmetric CP (aka 5CP) maps shouldn't have overtime unless one of the points is in play, then go to sudden death if one team still doesn't have all 5 points when overtime (or the timer) ends. Assuming they didn't capture the point, that is, because capturing a point resets the time back to 10:00.

I can only assume some plugin you have installed is preventing this.

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-15-2011 at 11:56.