0% 

Project : AMXXGUARD :dev thred : name chosen by AMXX Fourms

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 05-03-2004 , 16:13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose
UA's intention in their anticheat efforts as well as many of their other project has always been to be supported by Valve and other companies, one of the reason we don't see Punkbuster around today (was at one time the best anticheat for counter-strike) but they discontinued CS support because valve wouldn't support them. Valve is very closed to the outside trying to develop things within their systems, especially their big names (Counter-Strike).
punkbusters is around but not for Valve Games :-/

also

we have a New Team member

Fean0r : Plugin code that will help out alot : thanks again

Pooject : AMXXGUARD :dev thred : name chosen by AMXX Fourms
AMXXGUARD
Dev Team
{NM}JRBLOODMIST AkA Jason : Idea man and Public relataions
FiliKlep : Programmer : she hates to post : dunno why
AssKicR: Dev: Don't know much about him except he likes to post lol :
Fean0r : Plugin code that will help out alot : thanks again
sintaxx : Meta mod side dev : same as FiliKlep
INFaMouS : cheat reacher
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2004 , 16:17  

I know it's around it's all over, RTCW, BF1942 (I think) as well as many other names, I think it may even be in farcry, and I think it'll be in painkiller multiplayer too

But those companies support it, valve never supported Punkbuster, so they shut down the valve product which worked better than any other anti-cheat I'd seen (I'd still use it if it were around)

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
Girthesniper
Old 05-03-2004 , 16:18  

We should fine a way to have the client forcefuly download Cheating-Death onto there computers. Inject it into there mp.dll or something. Because 10% of players on unsecure servers with C-D, dont want to waste there time shutting down HL.exe, downloading this redicouls thing, launch it, re-launch the game, reconnect. It's a HUGE pain in the ass. HLgaurd on the other hand is Server-Side anti-cheating. Wich Hacks have been known to disable a few, but not all.
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 05-03-2004 , 16:21  

Quote:
I know it's around it's all over, RTCW, BF1942 (I think) as well as many other names, I think it may even be in farcry, and I think it'll be in painkiller multiplayer too

But those companies support it, valve never supported Punkbuster, so they shut down the valve product which worked better than any other anti-cheat I'd seen (I'd still use it if it were around)
well valve dosent support Us :-/ hehe BUT WHO cares !

I olny care about making the gamming Comunity a Cheat Free !

i know its a tall order But there are others like me like the Dev team

we don't need DAM Valve support !

BUt i do aggree with you if PB were still supporting valve softwere I would use it
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2004 , 16:21  

I never said you did, and It's a great thing what you're doing I'll definitely use it when you guys are done

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 05-03-2004 , 16:23  

Quote:
I never said you did, and It's a great thing what you're doing I'll definitely use it when you guys are done
o
sry LOL ]

and when its out PPL are going to be Suprised ! hehe
Basic
Old 05-03-2004 , 16:24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girthesniper
We should fine a way to have the client forcefuly download Cheating-Death onto there computers. Inject it into there mp.dll or something. Because 10% of players on unsecure servers with C-D, dont want to waste there time shutting down HL.exe, downloading this redicouls thing, launch it, re-launch the game, reconnect. It's a HUGE pain in the ass. HLgaurd on the other hand is Server-Side anti-cheating. Wich Hacks have been known to disable a few, but not all.
I agree. No one will stop playing and go get CD, they will jsut ifnd another server, unless they have been playing on that server for a long time and want to continue.

Even if it could be downloaded like a res file while connecting, that hack could already be in use, and cheating death is supposed to be started before HL.

I read that UA is going after sites that host hacks, and I think thats a good idea too.

But, no offense to anyone, but if Valve is gonna come off all arrogant about outside groups working to improve THEIR game, maybe they should get their thumbs out of their asses and work on it themselves. Damn, HL2 is almost a year late now, what have they been doing?

Do they realize it would only make the game more popular? Can you imagine how many people would come back from games like CoD or BF1942 if Valve announced that it AND UA have solved the hacker problem forever?? You might lose the 10% or so who do hack, but GOOD! Or they might try to play the right way, who knows.

NS| Forums
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 05-03-2004 , 16:27  

ok this thred is no longer about finding other ways to USE UA Products

this thred is for MAKING somthing thats can Surpass what UA is doing !
Basic
Old 05-03-2004 , 16:39  

UA OWNZ!
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 05-03-2004 , 16:51  

sry But the AMXX can Do anythign UA can do !!!! AMXX OWNZ !!!
Closed Thread