Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

Obsidian
Old 07-18-2011 , 04:18   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1661

Uhh, ranking enabled/disabled messages for end of round and beginning of round are appearing even with the vars "rank_show_player_count_notice" and "rank_show_on_connect" set to 0, leading me to think there's no cvar that they're hooked up to. Hook it up to one of them or add another, pretty please?

There's player_extinguish that wasn't being tracked (you have that listed) and I noticed that the column for captures blocked is dumping 0 on everyone for me -- I might have typo'd the column name though, let me see....it's "CPBlocked", right?

Your demo links in the first post are also 404'ing.

One last thing, are your DB schemas ready for IPv6? It's coming, the column names for IP's need to be long enough to handle it.

EDIT: Also, regarding the web UI, if that piece of code with the ip2long is for IP validation, why not replace all that with something built in? Less problematic in the long run, and is ipv6 safe inherently.
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.filter-var.php
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/filter....s.validate.php
see: "FILTER_VALIDATE_IP"

Last edited by Obsidian; 07-18-2011 at 04:21.
Infomastr
Old 07-18-2011 , 12:09   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob (UK View Post
I had over 35,000 players in the sqlite database a while back and it never caused any freezing or stutter on connect. Sounds more like the symptoms of Clients connecting and downloading custom content directly from the Server that.

Best thing though anyway is to set the cleanup cvars to cleanup after a certain amount of time. I have it set at 35 Days and that keeps an average of around 8,000 or so players in it.The figure will vary depending on how busy your Server is etc.

- Lob (UK)
this was a great point that I didn't even consider. had 15,000+ files (almost 900mb) in tf/downloads that may have been the lag culprit.

i'm going to also start with trimming to 30 days (or 2 rather than switching to mysql (reason being - host doesn't provide mysql and i'd rather not pay for additional hosting if possible).

i strongly suspect that many of the (now 15,000+) players tracked will be outside this window, requiring a large initial culling. any idea when that will occur? if i set removeoldplayers to 1 and restart the server, will it purge all old records at that point?

thanks!
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-18-2011 , 16:18   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1663

I think the whole tf/downloads thing has been generally proved to be myth.

At round start/end/load is when the database is trimmed - I forget which exactly, I think round end.
I offer no support that feature currently as it's not my code. I'd advise you to make a backup copy of your database before doing any trimming in case it doesn't work as expected.
Old 07-18-2011 , 22:23   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1664

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
I think the whole tf/downloads thing has been generally proved to be myth.

At round start/end/load is when the database is trimmed - I forget which exactly, I think round end.
I offer no support that feature currently as it's not my code. I'd advise you to make a backup copy of your database before doing any trimming in case it doesn't work as expected.
it seemed to work fine, autotrimmed to 6k from 15+

still getting server "choke" on connect for some reason though -_-
galadril
Old 07-19-2011 , 03:44   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1665

Webui update ~ 7.2.9
http://www.multiupload.com/B4WBE4E66Y

I've added the two new weapons (golfstick and mailbox).
Old 07-19-2011 , 03:49   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1666

@Obsidian

Are you going to implement other features as well in your site?
- Online players
- Map rankings
- Compare players
- Weapon ranking
- Player stats-> Items found
- Player stats-> Replay movies
- Player stats-> History

- Themable?
Old 07-19-2011 , 09:28   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1667

Themable? It already is, yes. As it's designed with views separate from the actual page generation logic, it's easily restyled. Check out /data/template for the HTML templates used (I use the twig templating library, docs on how to use it in templates are here) and /style/ contains all style data - images, javascript, CSS. Though, if you change the theming, you can't use gzip assets unless you recompress that stuff yourself.

Replay movies isn't something worth bothering to do; Steam Community handles this effectively enough with the Videos page. It just makes it harder to moderate the site if you have someone that's putting up unrelated youtube videos or trolls.

History, there's nothing that records history in the plugin, so you'd be relying on web requests to build history data which is less than ideal.

Items found, I could do it but currently I risk overcrowding the UI as it stands. Likely need to work on some javascript black magic to hide stuff.

Weapon ranking easily done, I'd have to add in another page but that's not a problem.

Online players is deceptive - it's pseudo-live, so no matter how you look at it you're providing stale data.

Comparing players, I could do it, just need to do it.

Map rankings are something that I see little to no value in; it's data that's of minor importance at best, and most people just wouldn't care about it. More stress for a database server when you don't need it.

One thing I am looking at for 1.1.x is adding in a JSON API to access the data provided by the stats page. But, that's a ways off.

Last edited by Obsidian; 07-19-2011 at 09:47.
Sillium
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2011 , 11:44   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1668

I searched the thread for it but there was no solution:
Code:
http://domain/tf2stats/player.php?steamid=STEAM_0:X:XX
gives me this:

Code:
Fatal error:  Invalid IP in /WWWSERVER/tf2stats/player.php on line 351
Plugin Version: 8.1.4
Web-Version: 7.2.9

Obsidian mentioned this:
Quote:
Problem 2: Common bug, that part seems to be unreliable - might be a problem with your host, it's hard to tell. I can't tell much of what it is trying to do, it's not straightforward.
(Also, you left part of your path info in your post - I edited it out of the quote, you should edit it out of your own post).
here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...postcount=1655

Do you have at least a hint if it is caused by the plugin or the webinterface? Maybe wrong/bad GeoIp-Database?

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de
Obsidian
Old 07-19-2011 , 12:03   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1669

After looking at the code itself, it's the web interface itself, it seems.

@galadril for a fix, take a look at the filter_var() function if you want to do IP validation - it's made for it and provides IPv6 compatibility. also, you probably want to check to see if the $ipAddr variable is an empty string (in case the plugin isn't tracking IP addresses) and skip the entire section.
Sillium
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2011 , 13:05   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.1.4/v7.1.5]
Reply With Quote #1670

Thanks All of a sudden it's working.

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de